FTA-TV If You Are The One

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
My wife dragged me into the living room to watch this late Friday evening (SBS 2). I admit I was a bit sceptical of a dating show, let alone a Chinese dating show, but it's actually really good. Probably the best dating show I have ever watched. Perfect Match it is not.

The format is: there is a lineup of 24 female guests and five male bachelors who come out one at a time to try and get a date. The male guest secretly picks a girls number he is attracted too. The female guests then learn more about each male hopeful through watching video clips and on-the-site interactions. Then they decide if they should dismiss him by switching their individual podium lights off. The man who survives three rounds of testing by having at least 1 light on, will gain the right to vie for the heart of his dream girl.

At least that's the plan.

360_china_dating_0629.jpg

Does anybody else watch this?

smoovy

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2007
God's country
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC AUFC
I can't get enough of this. Sunday's episode was the most controversial yet. I'm going to miss Wu Jiao, need a new favourite.

I can't get enough of this. Sunday's episode was the most controversial yet. I'm going to miss Wu Jiao, need a new favourite.
Hahaha I can't believe there's a thread on this. I'm a recent convert, and have only watched a few episodes. I was watching last night's episode (so sad they've cut the weekday episodes). Wu Jiao was certainly a few cents short of the full dollar, can't see a happy ending for her.

Also, what's with some of the so-called "friends" videos. I swear about half of them actually end up putting their mate down. A lot of lights get turned off during that section.

smoovy

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2007
God's country
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC AUFC
Hahaha I can't believe there's a thread on this. I'm a recent convert, and have only watched a few episodes. I was watching last night's episode (so sad they've cut the weekday episodes). Wu Jiao was certainly a few cents short of the full dollar, can't see a happy ending for her.

Also, what's with some of the so-called "friends" videos. I swear about half of them actually end up putting their mate down. A lot of lights get turned off during that section.

Wu Jiao was completely torn, unable to recover forgot to turn off her light for the next contestant. Sensational television.

There are so many unanswered questions.

What happened to numbers 13 and 15?
What do the souvenir fashion shoes look like?
Why the Aegean sea?
Will the chubby no.23 single mum Jap girl ever find a candidate suitable?
Does Meng Fei pick the girls?

ComicSansHumour

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can't get enough of this show. I love the cascade of lights turning off at the end of most of the vids. As mustapha said, the friends always put them in the s**t.

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Wu Jiao was completely torn, unable to recover forgot to turn off her light for the next contestant. Sensational television.

There are so many unanswered questions.

What happened to numbers 13 and 15?
What do the souvenir fashion shoes look like?
Why the Aegean sea?
Will the chubby no.23 single mum Jap girl ever find a candidate suitable?
Does Meng Fei pick the girls?

13 (the thai girl) got a date a couple of episodes back with what appeared to be a really nice younger guy. Everyone was wrapped for her considering her domestic abuse experiences. Meng Fei said she was his favourite contestant.

15 (everyones favourite airhead) just vanished...which is a shame, she was a gem. So pretty but so, so stupid.

I hope 23 gets a good guy like the other divorced lady with children. You may recall that guy, that was the night 24 (the olympic rower) melted down as he wouldn't commit to moving right there on the spot.

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Love it. Has anyone here seen the aussie special show they supposedly did?

Yes, that was earlier in the year (or earlier this particular season). They did two episodes, most of the girls were accountants, as were most of the guys.

The first contestant was a fat Chinese guy from Adelaide dressed like a giant fruit loop. Inexplicably he didn't get a date...(shock!)

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
My wife dragged me into the living room to watch this late Friday evening (SBS 2). I admit I was a bit sceptical of a dating show, let alone a Chinese dating show, but it's actually really good. Probably the best dating show I have ever watched. Perfect Match it is not.

The format is: there is a lineup of 24 female guests and five male bachelors who come out one at a time to try and get a date. The male guest secretly picks a girls number he is attracted too. The female guests then learn more about each male hopeful through watching video clips and on-the-site interactions. Then they decide if they should dismiss him by switching their individual podium lights off. The man who survives three rounds of testing by having at least 1 light on, will gain the right to vie for the heart of his dream girl.

At least that's the plan.

360_china_dating_0629.jpg

Does anybody else watch this?

It is ******* weird but somehow strangely compelling - I like when the male contestant rejects a honey and is told off by the host

Dirtywhirl

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool, Charlotte Hornets
This show is great. Compared to something like 'Taken Out', all of the contestants take such a pragmatic approach to dating/relationships. I also like it when Le Jia calls the guys out.

My favourite girls at the moment are 12 and 18.

Back