Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
This thread is to discuss the current layout of the WWE PPVs each year and possibly also throw in your own suggestions on when the WWE should hold PPVs and what they should be named.

January - Royal Rumble
February - No Way Out
April - Wrestlemania
May - Backlash
June - Vengeance
July - MiTB
August - SummerSlam
October - No Mercy
November - Survivor Series

I wish they got rid of the names some of the PPV's have.

No Way Out
Backlash
Judgement Day
Bad Blood
Vengeance
Unforgiven
No Mercy
Armageddon

Are all better than

Payback
Extreme Rules
Battleground
Hell in a Cell
TLC
Elimination Chamber
Fast Lane
Money in the Bank (would like the MitB match to be moved back to WM)

Personally, I'm a fan of not having a PPV every single month, but I wouldn't be as inclined to pay for the Network every month if I wasn't getting one every month. So my plan includes 8 WWE PPVs and 5 NXT PPVs. That way each month has at least one PPV and December gets 2.

WWE
Jan - Royal Rumble
March - WrestleMania
April - Backlash
June - MITB (I feel this can continue if they introduce another MiTB match for another title each year, whether it be the tag titles, divas title or IC title)
August - SummerSlam
September - Fall Brawl (Return War Games)
December - I have a few ideas for the December PPV. Possibly Global Warning? And have the PPV live from another country around the world like the UK or possibly somewhere else if WWE ever gets big enough again. This idea isn't likely though so just have it called No Mercy, Armageddon, Mayhem or something.

NXT
February - Arrival
May - Takeover
July - Bash at the Beach (I mainly just want this one to return because the logo was always cool)
October - Be the Man
December - Revolution

Posted this in the main thread back in September.

Cut the amount of PPVs so they can build feuds properly, get rid of some of the themed PPVs and go back to the old names of PPVs

Royal Rumble - Start of January
No Way Out - Mid February
Wrestlemania - Start of April
Backlash - Mid May
Money in the Bank/King of the Ring - Start of July
Summerslam - Mid August
No Mercy - Start of October
Survivor Series - Mid November

Keep it simple, happy with 12 because of the network but have at least 4-5 weeks at least gap between shows, the December show the possible exception. Get rid of the predictability with gimmick Pay Per Views. Would rather a card full of singles matches with great stories than a card full of gimmick matches because that happens to be the month we're in. Use the gimmicks when they're appropriate for the story. You don't necessarily need to have a TLC match every year. Make it special and meaningful when we do get to see it. The Hell in a Cell PPV is the one that annoys me the most. I'd rather they scrap that match all together if they can't live up to the 'barbaric' reputation the match has built for itself.

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - No Mercy
March - Wrestlemania
April - Backlash
May - Night of Champions
June - Battleground
July - Summerslam
September - Vengeance
October - Unforgiven
December - Armageddon

Jan - Royal Rumble (Same)
Feb - Elimination Chamber (Same)
March - WrestleMania (Same)
April - Extreme Rules (Same)
May - Invasion (WWE vs NXT....WWE Champ vs NXT Champ, WWE tag champs vs NXT tag champs, WWE Divas vs NXT Womans champ, + 4 or 5 other matches involving top NXT stars vs top WWE stars)
June - King of the Ring (Winner gets WWE title shot at MITB, Group of 16 and Quarter finals on RAW and Smackdown, Semis and Final on the PPV)
July - Money in the Bank (Include 4 team MITB match for future shot at Tag titles)
August - Summerslam (Same)
September - Night of Champions (Every title on the line including the NXT title, NXT tag titles and NXT womans title (8 matches)
October - Hell in a Cell (Same)
November - Survivor Series (Same)
December - TLC (Without Stairs)

NXT to have 3 Thursday specials on the network per year. (5 if you include the 2 PPVS NXT stars are on above)

TV schedule

Monday - Raw (2 hours)
Tuesday - Total Divas (1 hour, actual women's wrestling instead of reality)
Wednesday - WWE Superstars (1 hour)
Thursday - NXT (1 hour)
Friday - SmackDown (2 hours)

PPV

February 1, 2015 - Royal Rumble
March 29, 2015 - WrestleMania 31
April 26, 2015 - Payback
May 24, 2015 - Takeover
June 21, 2015 - Extreme Rules
July 19, 2015 - Money in the Bank
August 16, 2015 - SummerSlam
September 13, 2015 - Battleground
October 11, 2015 - Hell in a Cell
November 8, 2015 - Tables, Ladders and Chairs
December 6, 2015 - Survivor Series
January 3, 2016 - New Year's Revolution
----
January 31, 2016 - Royal Rumble
March 27, 2016 - WrestleMania 32

It's not on the cards, just something I'd really like to see.

5 hours of new TV a week (get rid of the endless re-caps! If you missed something, go and watch it on The Network!), a PPV every four weeks, and an eight-week build for WrestleMania.

With the Network now in full swing, and PPV buyrates pretty much rendered irrelevant, I'd like to see the WWE cut back to 11 PPV's a year. Gives them at least 4 weeks between PPV's, and longer for the bigger events. If I were to do the 2016 Schedule, this is how I'd do it:

January 24th, 2016: New Year's Revolution
February 21st, 2016: Royal Rumble
April 3rd, 2016: WrestleMania 32
May 1st, 2016: Backlash/Payback
May 29th, 2016: Money in the Bank
July 3rd, 2016: The Great American Bash
August 14th, 2016: Summerslam
September 11th, 2016: Unforgiven
October 9th, 2016: Battleground
November 13th, 2016: Survivor Series
December 11th, 2016: Armageddon

Have come to realise that the Royal Rumble should be the last PPV before WrestleMania - when you think about it, the Royal Rumble winner 90% of the time has a meaningless match at EC, and the title has rarely changed hands at EC in the last couple of years. Plus now only one World Championship, I think it makes the most sense that the WrestleMania mainevent build-up starts the day after Royal Rumble.

I threw NYR in at the start of the year as I think this worked cool back in 05/06/07, and I think moving the Elimination Chamber to this show means you'll probably increase the buy rates as compared to a standard PPV, and the chamber match allows you to start (or continue) the main feuds for WrestleMania. The swap of Backlash/Payback and Extreme Rules, to me, makes more sense. Wouldn't you be trying to get 'Payback' following WrestleMania.

Great American Bash is there because I love the name and the PPV, plus I've chucked it on the 4th July weekend for the Yanks. Scrapped the Hell in a Cell and TLC PPV's as I feel they've diluted the spectacle of the respective matches. Basically a return to most of the good old PPV names from the Ruthless Aggression era with a couple of the current non-gimmick PPV's.

Get back to what made the PPVs special.

Summer Slam should be headlined by a tag match (see the first two SS)

Survivor Series should only be elimination matches

Royal Rumble should be headlined by the Rumble.

WrestleMania should be the only PPV where all titles are on the line.

Get back to what made the PPVs special.

Summer Slam should be headlined by a tag match (see the first two SS)

Survivor Series should only be elimination matches

Royal Rumble should be headlined by the Rumble.

WrestleMania should be the only PPV where all titles are on the line.
This isn't the way to do it.

The build up for all WrestleMania matches should be great. The titles don't all necessarily have to be on the line if the storylines don't warrant it.

Royal Rumble should of course be headlined by the Rumble.

Survivor Series should have 2 male elimination matches. It shouldn't be only elimination matches, that is too much of a good thing, and the best Survivor Series events haven't been the ones with just Survivor Series matches.

If SummerSlam was always headlined by a tag match, we wouldn't have got Lesnar vs Cena this year, or Cena vs Bryan a year ago. Honestly, there is literally nothing wrong with SummerSlam.

This isn't the way to do it.

The build up for all WrestleMania matches should be great. The titles don't all necessarily have to be on the line if the storylines don't warrant it.

Royal Rumble should of course be headlined by the Rumble.

Survivor Series should have 2 male elimination matches. It shouldn't be only elimination matches, that is too much of a good thing, and the best Survivor Series events haven't been the ones with just Survivor Series matches.

If SummerSlam was always headlined by a tag match, we wouldn't have got Lesnar vs Cena this year, or Cena vs Bryan a year ago. Honestly, there is literally nothing wrong with SummerSlam.

See I gotta disagree.

The original premise of WrestleMania was that it was all of the titles on the line.

Best Survivor Series for mine were the earlier ones which meant the pace of the matches was way up, gave interesting combinations of tag teams and generally made for great in-ring action.

And while Lesnar vs Cena was a great spectacle it seemed to be a WrestleMania worthy main event particularly as Lesnar is only part time.

But let's face it. I'm an old disgruntled wrestling fan who probably pines for a time that's long gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cut down to 8 PPVS a year. MAX.

Get rid if gimmick PPVS like hell in a cell, TLC, etc. Stupid ideas, have the matches be special occasions not have PPVS dedicated to them. TLC was a victim off this, there's such a thing as overkill.

Bring back Halloween havoc.

I don't mind them having 12 a year, but the build needs to be there. It probably rushes them a bit so these days I reckon 10 is the magic number. I think maybe they also need to go back to the IYH type setup where it was known that there were two tiers of PPVs.

RR, WM, KotR, SSlam, SSeries in the top tier, everything else below. Piss off all the gimmick PPVs, let them happen organically like they're meant to.
- Money in the Bank goes back to being a WM match.
- KotR returns
- 2 month buildup before both WM and SummerSlam. Having an event in between RR and WM when the main event of WM is already known seems pointless, and putting title shots on the line is just annoying.
- Back to generic names

My 2015 calendar would go something like;
25/1 - Royal Rumble
29/3 - WrestleMania

26/4 - Backlash
24/5 - Judgement Day
28/6 - King of the Ring
30/8 - SummerSlam
27/9 - Unforgiven
25/10 - No Mercy
29/11 - Survivor Series
27/12 - Armageddon

I reckon half the reason the PPVs are so s**t these days is because there are so many. I think there should be 4 (5 at a stretch with the 5th taking place in June) with the MITB match moved to mania. Each PPV should also have 1 NXT championship match whether that be the title, womens or tag team.

January- Royal Rumble
April- Wrestlemania
August- Summerslam
November- Survivor Series

Gimmick PPV's are goneski. The main problem is buildup, or lack thereof, so we cut some PPV's out to leave more time for buildup.

January - Royal Rumble - Royal Rumble match always has to main event. Always.

Having a PPV here disrupts the flow towards WM, so leave it to just build up. Maybe have a Saturday Night's Main Event in February sometime.

March - WrestleMania - Have the MitB match here.

April - Backlash
- Always a good PPV, and have WM rematches.

June - King of the Ring - Have the qualifying matches on the Raws/Smackdowns previous to this, and have the semi finals and final here. Winner gets a title shot at SummerSlam.

August - SummerSlam

September - Vengeance -
SummerSlam fallout etc.

November - Survivor Series - Must have 2 male traditional Survivor Series matches.

December - Unforgiven -
SS fallout as well as Royal Rumble buildup and an early beginning of the "Road to WrestleMania"

Gimmick PPV's are goneski. The main problem is buildup, or lack thereof, so we cut some PPV's out to leave more time for buildup.

January - Royal Rumble - Royal Rumble match always has to main event. Always.

Having a PPV here disrupts the flow towards WM, so leave it to just build up. Maybe have a Saturday Night's Main Event in February sometime.

March - WrestleMania - Have the MitB match here.

April - Backlash
- Always a good PPV, and have WM rematches.

June - King of the Ring - Have the qualifying matches on the Raws/Smackdowns previous to this, and have the semi finals and final here. Winner gets a title shot at SummerSlam.

August - SummerSlam

September - Vengeance -
SummerSlam fallout etc.

November - Survivor Series - Must have 2 male traditional Survivor Series matches.

December - Unforgiven -
SS fallout as well as Royal Rumble buildup and an early beginning of the "Road to WrestleMania"
Tim I like what you have said but for the 13 year olds etc they think the EC is the best PPV which is the one you skipped in February. I think WWE need it but perhaps have the HiaC match, the MitB match and an EC match in the same PPV and I'd be all for changing the name back to No Way Out, That solves 3 PPV's being gone

Tim I like what you have said but for the 13 year olds etc they think the EC is the best PPV which is the one you skipped in February. I think WWE need it but perhaps have the HiaC match, the MitB match and an EC match in the same PPV and I'd be all for changing the name back to No Way Out, That solves 3 PPV's being gone
I get what you're saying, but I don't like the idea of having gimmick matches predetermined, and feuds being shoehorned into it, and this is talking primarily about HiaC.

As for Elimination Chamber, there's no real logical build to have an elimination chamber where 6 guys all hate each other, so it's the only "gimmick" PPV that can stick around for good reason. But having it the month before WrestleMania seems to disrupt the buildup to WM, and so that's why I don't like it there. I'd have it either in December in place of Unforgiven, or September in place of Vengeance.

Also, there is no way to have a HiaC match and an EC match at the same PPV, since there's nowhere to hang both of them at the same time.

It surprises me how popular money in the bank is. I get that the suspense and constant guessing on when the cash in happens is fun but I just feel like it has run its course. It sort of takes away the prestige of the championship if you have this gimmicky 24/7 rule in play every year.

It surprises me how popular money in the bank is. I get that the suspense and constant guessing on when the cash in happens is fun but I just feel like it has run its course. It sort of takes away the prestige of the championship if you have this gimmicky 24/7 rule in play every year.
The matches are always at least very good, and the briefcase adds a bit of uncertainty to the title picture.

it's their quick fix to create a new star. but you are correct that the cash-ins have become quite stale (not sure if there is a way around it creatively)

I get what you're saying, but I don't like the idea of having gimmick matches predetermined, and feuds being shoehorned into it, and this is talking primarily about HiaC.

As for Elimination Chamber, there's no real logical build to have an elimination chamber where 6 guys all hate each other, so it's the only "gimmick" PPV that can stick around for good reason. But having it the month before WrestleMania seems to disrupt the buildup to WM, and so that's why I don't like it there. I'd have it either in December in place of Unforgiven, or September in place of Vengeance.

Also, there is no way to have a HiaC match and an EC match at the same PPV, since there's nowhere to hang both of them at the same time.
I didn't think of the last sentence

But if you take away all 3 MitB, HiaC, EC WWE would lose alot of money and they'd lose the reason why WWE is PG in the first place, kiddies
Not a bad thing would like to see it go to M but you need those 3 matches for it to be any good considering the babyface s**t we get these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back