Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Strong bump.

Lebron would be great until he gets any physical contact and goes down like a sack of s**t.
If I had to pick someone from the NBA it'd be SHAQ

LeBron was an all-state football player during high school. He could take any hits the AFL would dish out.

swiftdog

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Zlatan Ibrahimovic would be a freak AFL player...

195cm, speed, agility, strength, motor, awesome foot skills, athleticism, and most important of all, he's got the attitude for AFL.

You stole my nomination!!!

Can't go past Zlatan if you're looking at football/soccer players. For those of you that don't know him just take the best attributes of Buddy Franklin and Peter Daicos and you get Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Bloke deadset looks like he's just taking the piss half the time. As arrogant (apparently) as they come but you can't help but love him. I wouldn't mind seeing Mario Ballotelli either.

Zlatan:

Number 2's my favourite. Beats and sells some sweet sweet candy to 5/11 opposition players.

Jadeveon Clowney would be interesting. 198cm, 124kg beast that runs the 40yard dash like this:

Hits people like this:

Not sure where he'd fit in but his size/athleticism would be fun, and it would be great to see him send the MRP into meltdown. Plus he's only 21!

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
This hard-ball getter would get a gig at about 6 clubs atm:

140102112517-serena-williams-1-single-image-cut.jpg

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any athlete from around the world ?

Gary Ablett Junior for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It would have to be a basketballer

Historically they've done well transferring to AFL and a lot of great AFL players have a basketball background (pendles for example)

So from there it's natural to pick the best basketballer in lebron

Somebody the size of a ruckman with the agility of a midfielder

Those saying Lebron never saw Bo Jackson when he was playing NFL/MLB.
The guy was an absolute freak. A 185cm 104kg man who could cover 40yards in 4.12sec's.
His hand eye co-ordination would suggest he wouldn't have any problems picking up the skills of the game.

One of his best know highlights

Coldacre

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Cooper Cronk. the guy is a sensational kick

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel
Shaq in his prime would be amazing. 5cm taller than Sandilands and about 30 kilos heavier, and he moved so well. Plonk him in the goal square and good luck to whoever had to defend him.

The bloke played a sport his whole life, and couldn't hit a free throw any better than your average first season E grade basketballer playing once per week.

If he had to throw an oval shaped ball at the goals he'd probably miss, never mind kicking it.

Young Sabonis > young Shaq

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
LeBron and it's not even close.

Those saying Shaq have a point in terms of his physical size, but I'd be very surprised if he wasn't injured for at least half the games per year with that body shape and the size of the field.

Apr 21, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Jadeveon Clowney would be interesting. 198cm, 124kg beast that runs the 40yard dash like this:

Hits people like this:

Not sure where he'd fit in but his size/athleticism would be fun, and it would be great to see him send the MRP into meltdown. Plus he's only 21!

You forgot the part where he takes plays off cause he's not fit enough.

Back