FTA-TV If you value your sanity, do not read this...

Remove this Banner Ad

Jon Ralph: But you know what...? (perhaps the most overused and most pointless phrase by a number of commentators, but Ralph gets the nod, because of his unnatural ability to sometimes slip it multiple times into a single sentence).

Mark Robinson: He-he-he(long pause)-you (pause, looks skyward for inspiration)-I-I...(something tells me that Robbo would be a fan of Karl Pilkington's theory that '...if you just talk, your mouth comes up with stuff.')

Last edited:
Mcguire "I love you derm, you're the best"
Brereton" I know, I know, and I love you ed, and you're the best"
Mcguire " I know,I know,but you're the very best"
Brereton" Ohhh you've come from broady, you are the ******* best"
Mcguire"Ohhh,five day,five night ,I used to suck you off in The Tunnel girls toilets,you were the best"
Brereton "yeah,I was pretty good wasn't i"
Mcguire "the best"

Peter Donegan: And Geelong have started well from the inside barrier at their home ground. Caddy trots along, passes to Selwood who receives in a canter, this powerful beast picks up stride and gallops hard kicking it first past the post, but is it touched? it's a photo finish...

BT: "OOHH BOOYYY, big Hawkins sticks the duuuuukes out and clunks the mark. Whadya think about that big Richo man, Hawkins nice and big, strong, stiff, erect in the contest, WOOOWWWEEEE"

Garry Lyon:

There’s lots of angst around this issue, Jimmy boy! The ramifications of this issue are massive, Jim, from a game aesthetics point of view. But seriously, Jim, look, it’s a massive issue in the modern game, the ramifications for the modern game are huge! And we tell it like it is here at Triple M, Jim, unlike those other little nipsy stations, there is no fear or favour here, we TELL IT LIKE IT IS!

So, Jim, I’m not saying Selwood is a “ducker”, I am just saying that on occasion he quite possibly lowers his head when he anticipates contact around the head region with a view to being awarded a free kick. Just a smart footballer, Jim, a clever, thinking footballer, who uses his cunning to his advantage. From a game intelligence point of view, he's one of the best in the business! And he’s a favourite of ours, “Joely boy”! [everyone roars in agreement] We love him, Jim, he’s one of ours on The Footy Show and here on Triple M. But we make no apologies for telling it how it is here on Triple M, Jim! And “Joely” is big enough to cope with a bit of a clip ‘round the ears I’d reckon! But gee we’re good here at Triple M!

[Garry’s attention is diverted] Hang on! Who’s that little nipsy? Oh, look, Purple’s wandered in! And he’s got the wobble going! Look at that wobble, Spuddy boy! Come on, Purple, give us a zinger! He’s the number one news breaker in town, Jim, he’s at the pointy end of this industry, I’m sure he’s come loaded with some of his sharpest stuff!

What about a Cricket version?

Slats: Ooooh Davey Warner!! What an innings from the excitement machine!! He only made 2 but it was the most aggressive and brutal 2 you ever saw!! Really took the first 3 balls away from the opposition!

Mark Taylor: He's pitching it a bit short still...he needs to get it further up into what I call the Salmon colour...

Ian Chappell: So Dougy Walters and I went down to the greyhound track after the second Test of 1976, and we...[5 minutes of the most boring and unfunny "funny story" ever heard]...and that's why I said don't drop your cigarette butts on the dressing room floor, Dougy!

Geoff Boycott: I'm not saying Shane Warne weren't a great bowler, I'm not saying that! But [random Yorkshire pie chucker from 1962] were better than Warne! I saw him take 8/22 against County Bumfook on a wet pitch in the Division 3 semi final, it were better than anything I seen from Warne!

James Brayshaw: Oh the pill is pitched up in Finchy's wheelhouse and he goes the big moose and [random baseball terminology nobody understands]

Kerry O'Keefe: snort cough wheeze chuckle gasp giggle giggle........

Harsha Bogle: Kerry, I promise to watch all 100 episodes of Skippy The Bush Kangaroo, if you just eat one tiny piece of Naga Chili.....

Geoff Lawson: Can we stop it with the NSW bias accusations, okay? Just because I want 12 NSWmen in the starting XI doesn't mean I'm biased! It's not my fault NSW is the greatest state/county/province that ever existed in the history of the world.....

Rodney Hogg: Oh yeah...nah....our bowling is weak, so get......you know.....what's his name, in the team.....you know....that guy from......oh you know who I mean!!

A few more

Richie Benaud: Yes...I quite like the look of Mitchell Marsh......he reminds me of a young [player anyone under 70 has barely heard of]....who was my first room-mate for NSW.....

Bill Lawry: Got 'im yes!! The Victorian on top again!! He has a great aunt's second cousin who came from Victoria so I'm gonna claim him!!!

Ian Healy: derp derp derp I was a better pure keeper than Gilchrist derp derp derp.

Shane Warne: Sherminator Sherminator John Buchannan Sherminator

Jim Maxwell: So score an extra run for Xavier Tras with that no ball...

Karen Tighe: Only a minute or two away from ABC News, let's just get a quick update from Will Hagen...

Will Hagen: Thank you very much Karen, yes it's a beautiful afternoon now in Bathurst, the sun's come out and the crowd are really enjoying this race. We're up to lap 120 now, remember the safety car has been out five times, that's why we're still only on lap 120. The safety car has now just gone off after yet another crash, so we're back to full racing again. It was Joe Bloggs in the Ford who ran into the wall at the top of....

KT: Just a quick 1, 2 and 3 Will...! News is coming up!

WH: Yes, okay, well we have Fred Nerk in the Holden leading the race at lap 120. He got off to a bad start when Jim Whatsisname got the inside run at the first turn, and it looked like he was going to have an uphill battle to reclaim the front position. But when Whatsisname had to pull into the pits to repair a broken.....

KT: Sorry Will, we have to cut you off for ABC News. We'll check in again for your 1, 2 and 3 after the bulletin.

(Wash/rinse/repeat every 30 minutes).

Bill Brownless: "you're just a massive four-eyed flogmeister Andy, floggity floggity flog flog floggo. time for FROFFIES"

Got this guy in one. Seriously, this bloke must have been kissed on the pecker at birth. Reasonable player, nothing special, good bloke, spends his entire life being an overweight yobbo, doesn't really understand the game he's been involved in for 30 years, and this qualifies him for making a fortune working in the media. Total mystery.

Garry Lyon:

There’s lots of angst around this issue, Jimmy boy! The ramifications of this issue are massive, Jim, from a game aesthetics point of view. But seriously, Jim, look, it’s a massive issue in the modern game, the ramifications for the modern game are huge! And we tell it like it is here at Triple M, Jim, unlike those other little nipsy stations, there is no fear or favour here, we TELL IT LIKE IT IS!

So, Jim, I’m not saying Selwood is a “ducker”, I am just saying that on occasion he quite possibly lowers his head when he anticipates contact around the head region with a view to being awarded a free kick. Just a smart footballer, Jim, a clever, thinking footballer, who uses his cunning to his advantage. From a game intelligence point of view, he's one of the best in the business! And he’s a favourite of ours, “Joely boy”! [everyone roars in agreement] We love him, Jim, he’s one of ours on The Footy Show and here on Triple M. But we make no apologies for telling it how it is here on Triple M, Jim! And “Joely” is big enough to cope with a bit of a clip ‘round the ears I’d reckon! But gee we’re good here at Triple M!

[Garry’s attention is diverted] Hang on! Who’s that little nipsy? Oh, look, Purple’s wandered in! And he’s got the wobble going! Look at that wobble, Spuddy boy! Come on, Purple, give us a zinger! He’s the number one news breaker in town, Jim, he’s at the pointy end of this industry, I’m sure he’s come loaded with some of his sharpest stuff!

I just re-read this, and * me it's bang on. Good work nipsy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT - Ball comes forward toward REIWOLDT, PUSH UP KING IN THE VICINITY, BUT JACKY BOY WITH THE DUKES OUT....CAN'T QUITE GRAB IT, HERE'S DELEEEEEEEEEDIO, BACK TO JACKY BOY, JACK FROM 30!!!! HERE THEY COME DARCE!!!!!! THEY ARE BACK! OOOOH BOY THE TIGERS COMING!!! (Still trail by 65 pts)

What about a Cricket version?

Slats: Ooooh Davey Warner!! What an innings from the excitement machine!! He only made 2 but it was the most aggressive and brutal 2 you ever saw!! Really took the first 3 balls away from the opposition!

Mark Taylor: He's pitching it a bit short still...he needs to get it further up into what I call the Salmon colour...

Ian Chappell: So Dougy Walters and I went down to the greyhound track after the second Test of 1976, and we...[5 minutes of the most boring and unfunny "funny story" ever heard]...and that's why I said don't drop your cigarette butts on the dressing room floor, Dougy!

Geoff Boycott: I'm not saying Shane Warne weren't a great bowler, I'm not saying that! But [random Yorkshire pie chucker from 1962] were better than Warne! I saw him take 8/22 against County Bumfook on a wet pitch in the Division 3 semi final, it were better than anything I seen from Warne!

James Brayshaw: Oh the pill is pitched up in Finchy's wheelhouse and he goes the big moose and [random baseball terminology nobody understands]

Kerry O'Keefe: snort cough wheeze chuckle gasp giggle giggle........

Harsha Bogle: Kerry, I promise to watch all 100 episodes of Skippy The Bush Kangaroo, if you just eat one tiny piece of Naga Chili.....

Geoff Lawson: Can we stop it with the NSW bias accusations, okay? Just because I want 12 NSWmen in the starting XI doesn't mean I'm biased! It's not my fault NSW is the greatest state/county/province that ever existed in the history of the world.....

Rodney Hogg: Oh yeah...nah....our bowling is weak, so get......you know.....what's his name, in the team.....you know....that guy from......oh you know who I mean!!
Dean Jones: 'Siddle has ripped that ball past Strauss! That was a good 156KPH for mine...the gun says 133, but that was definitely 155 plus'.

'That's out for mine! Let's look at hawkeye....pitching outside and over off stump, but that can't be right, middle stump would have been pegged back for mine, the Australians can consider themselves unlucky there'

'Let's look at that last delivery from Johnson to Prior.... boy, it looks like it may have been pad before bat there! That was worthy of a shout, i think if it was reviewed the Australians might have had another one there. Somehow that ball ended up at long on for a boundary...but gee...that was a close one'

'Good delivery by Lyon. That man at midwicket has been brought in a little, and with silly mid off in place it's really causing the Indians problems. The Australians are in their head now, this is a great move by Clarke, the Australians are well and truly dictating terms here. That's the end of the over...it's no wicket for 327'.

Dean Jones: 'Siddle has ripped that ball past Strauss! That was a good 156KPH for mine...the gun says 133, but that was definitely 155 plus'.

'That's out for mine! Let's look at hawkeye....pitching outside and over off stump, but that can't be right, middle stump would have been pegged back for mine, the Australians can consider themselves unlucky there'

'Let's look at that last delivery from Johnson to Prior.... boy, it looks like it may have been pad before bat there! That was worthy of a shout, i think if it was reviewed the Australians might have had another one there. Somehow that ball ended up at long on for a boundary...but gee...that was a close one'

'Good delivery by Lyon. That man at midwicket has been brought in a little, and with silly mid off in place it's really causing the Indians problems. The Australians are in their head now, this is a great move by Clarke, the Australians are well and truly dictating terms here. That's the end of the over...it's no wicket for 327'.
Nailedit

Michael Slater:

"This form of the game"
"Rock and roll cricket"
"This form of the game"
"Rock and roll cricket"
"This form of the game"
"Rock and roll cricket"
"This form of the game"
"Rock and roll cricket"

Michael Slater:

"This form of the game"
"Rock and roll cricket"
"This form of the game"
"Rock and roll cricket"
"This form of the game"
"Rock and roll cricket"
"This form of the game"
"Rock and roll cricket"

Slats: "Davey Warner, he's just tailor made for this form of the game, pure excitement".

SK Warne: "oh that was a great cherry by Johnson there, he's looking better each game with the cherry, he just needs more time throwing down aggressive cherries like that, England are struggling against these fast bouncy WACA cherries. Ohhh and he's nicked the cherry, caught by Smith, he's a great catcher of the cherry"

:rolleyes: During the summer test series I heard him say 'cherry' 5 times in one minute. I suppose it's no different to Brayshaw exclusively calling a football 'the pill'.

Freddie Flintoff: "ohuo whee lieo ouu feofd dafeo seoflj emalom INNIT u WOT m8"

Haha...I remember making a joke about a drinking game involving Warne and 'cherry'/'cherries' around Christmas.

And I laughed out loud with his analysis of the West Indies review of the LBW dismissal that was initially turned down last night. Warne called it 'frivolous' and said it clearly came off the bat (it didn't). Then he said it would be going way over the top of the stumps (review had it hitting about three quarters up). Cue awkward silence, as the other commentators don't know what to say to the 'Master Analyst'. Good player, but a complete flog and if he doesn't finish up all of his own bath water, the other commentators are only too happy to consume the rest for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back