Opinion If you were a reporter, what would you ask Buckley?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know from time-to-time we surprise you with a podcast interview with someone from the club (and we have another one coming out real soon - look out for it!) but this thread about interviewing Bucks is purely hypothetical ...

... unless of course Magpie Girl has been weaving her magic and not telling her fellow mods :)

But I digress. I try to watch all of the Buckley press conferences and interviews and I find it frustrating that the reporters often ask stupid questions (eg: anything to do with Malthouse) and yet there are some obvious questions that simply don't get asked.

If you had your chance to interview Buckley, what questions would you ask him?

The Martin question is the most obvious one for me. Hell I am even thinking about flying back to Australia, knocking on his door and asking him.
I would also ask him what he said to Witts.

- You conceded at the start of this year that we had not put enough emphasis in defence. This year it seems there may be too much emphasis, particularly in our forward line.
What is being done to get the balance between the two right?
- Will Kyle Martin be in black and white next year?

I'd ask him what he genuinely thinks of Mick, then I'd ask him where he thinks our players are failing to execute his gameplan and what are the 3 areas he most wants to improve.

"Your team selections are perplexing, why is it that we consistently have either a too short backline or forwardline, or a one paced midfield?"

"After being slaughtered by Carlton and Sydney in 2012 by the "slingshot" approach, it is obvious that you are attempting to reproduce this with our list. What are you doing to redress the entries into our forward half? We cannot hit up a target when there is time and space. This is patently obvious because some of our players cannot hit a Airport Hangar door from 5 metres away."

"Your team selections are perplexing, why is it that we consistently have either a too short backline or forwardline, or a one paced midfield?"

"After being slaughtered by Carlton and Sydney in 2012 by the "slingshot" approach, it is obvious that you are attempting to reproduce this with our list. What are you doing to redress the entries into our forward half? We cannot hit up a target when there is time and space. This is patently obvious because some of our players cannot hit a Airport Hangar door from 5 metres away."

You have no future in journalism

It was unbelievable that he wasn't asked about the decision to omit Keeffe against Essendon and the to sub Young and keep an injured Maxwell on the ground. As fans we deserve answers to these questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Questions for Nathan

1. What is the gameplan, and specifically why does Collingwood look so poor entering the forward 50?
  2. Why do our skills appear so inept and has it been a recruitment direction from you to target players with certain characteristics but excluding foot / hand skills from the selection criteria?
  3. Has the training load of the playing group increased since your time as head coach compared to MM, and do you think that has contributed to 3 years of soft tissues injuries of key players?

The only question id ask Buckley is .............Are you the guy from American Dad ?
Come on that glass jaw gives it way....LOL

1. Looking at the season so far, do you think you are where you deserve to be on the ladder?
  2. What type of player is the most sort after from a Collingwood perspective come draft time?
  3. Would you prefer to coach Michael Voss or Dane Swan?
  4. How will Collingwood improve in the next 3 seasons and is a premiership in that time realistic?
Those are the questions I would ask. This season is already done for mine, so my focus is on next season.

Great topic by the way.

"Nathan, you've had some time now to come to terms with how the place works, get your head around the personalities, the movers, the shakers and the those who may drag the tone down.
Who would you like the Mods on Bigfooty to ban from making new threads?

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back