IINET Sucks

Remove this Banner Ad

If I need to download a torrent I'm always behind a VPN. I limit my torrent usage nowadays, however I'm still a regular user. I wouldn't dare seed or host a torrent from my own connection, though. Disaster waiting to happen.

Well IF that get’s thru. The VPN Companies will be getting a ton of Customers from Australia.

Same as you I don’t use Torrents as much as I use to but still use it.

I been thinking of a VPN for awhile now

They don't give a s**t about people downloading or viewing the content. It's more the large scale uploaders that they'd ever take action against.

I hardly upload anything and There just a Few Old Nintendo and Sega Roms and most of the are English Translated ones or You can’t get them on Virtual Console.

IF I am seeding anything big to get my Ratio Higher on a Private Torrent Tracker. I use my Seedbox

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Depends IF the Government gets involved but Really I say just about everyone who has the Internet would have at least Broken the Copyright Law Once

Doubt the government would get involved, it complicates things for them. Instead of just Australian Anti-Piracy organisations pushing them they'll have external pressure from International companies, most of who have no real power until the courts give them a win.

They don't give a s**t about people downloading or viewing the content. It's more the large scale uploaders that they'd ever take action against.

The everyday person who downloads things is exactly who these people are after, because they're an easy target. Once they get their foot in the door and get a win then it opens everyone who's ever illegally downloaded or viewed copyrighted media up to legal action.

Doubt the government would get involved, it complicates things for them. Instead of just Australian Anti-Piracy organisations pushing them they'll have external pressure from International companies, most of who have no real power until the courts give them a win.

Though aren’t the caught these days more Pro-Business then Pro-Consumers now?

The everyday person who downloads things is exactly who these people are after, because they're an easy target. Once they get their foot in the door and get a win then it opens everyone who's ever illegally downloaded or viewed copyrighted media up to legal action.

Yeah - They know they will pay what they ask as they are Scared to go to court and lose all there money trying to go thru the Courts.

Shows what Assholes they are.

Hopefully they Judge is not Stupid

Punt_Road_Roar

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2004
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Isnt it funny, most of us use it for TV shows with the odd movie thrown in, even in our small sample it goes to show why people in Australia use torrents. Our networks are a serious pain, they pay for these shows and never end up showing them or putting them on a month later. I have even looked at Stan but they don't tell you all the shows they actually can provide, only those ones advertised like Better call Saul & Gallipoli. I'm not prepared to pay a subscription fee unless I get a better idea of what shows they actually have.

Isnt it funny, most of us use it for TV shows with the odd movie thrown in, even in our small sample it goes to show why people in Australia use torrents. Our networks are a serious pain, they pay for these shows and never end up showing them or putting them on a month later. I have even looked at Stan but they don't tell you all the shows they actually can provide, only those ones advertised like Better call Saul & Gallipoli. I'm not prepared to pay a subscription fee unless I get a better idea of what shows they actually have.

and IF you get a Streaming Video sometime the Internet is not even quick enough for you to watch the Streaming Video Properly. So that makes even harder again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back