Imagine how shocking the world would be without Aussie Rules Football.

If Aussie Rules ceased to be, rate your preferences

• Gaelic Football

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Cricket

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Hurling

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Rugby League

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Soccer

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Ice Hockey

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Hockey

• Rugby Union

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Baseball

• Other

• Lingerie football

• Tennis

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Foxy boxing?

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Bonking (Gigolo's activity)

• American football

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Perish the thought. Compared with the alternatives, for me Australian Rules Football is like Everest and the rest about the size of Mount Eliza.

Imagine if for some bizarre reason the actions of *sir *james *hird and the *essendon fc, somehow caused us to lose our wonderful game. (This sentence simply included to provide what should be as much as possible in every thread ancillary support to the sympathy for *essendon movement.)

So here are some alternatives and (hopefully) a poll to voice your intentions (with apologies to anyone else who may have done this exercise in the past.)

Personally I'd probably consider joining Teffy in Nepal to be honest

Just added some more options for the last two or three posters to register their votes. By the way I did mean as a spectator sport however for those inclined to the Bonking option, I will allow direct participation to sway your individual choices.

I agree with you that AFL is far and above the rest. I love NBA, but not enough for it to ever be a suitable replacement. I'd absolutely never get over the fact AFL is gone, so I'd probably just weep while I watch NBA for the rest of my days, wondering what could have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure you thought Horace that the world would end when they abandoned the sport of feeding Christians and *essendon posters to the lions back when you were old.

If it literally ceased to exist I'd fill the Winter months with a more active support for the Melb Storm and Summers would remain as is, attending Melb Victory games and following EPL, NBA, NBL, NFL etc. the biggest difference would be the fact I'd eye off an overseas escape from Winter each year without fearing I'd be missing something back home, as has occured in the past with footy.

In actual fact, with the kids growing I'd probably find myself much more involved in their sport.

If it literally ceased to exist I'd fill the Winter months with a more active support for the Melb Storm and Summers would remain as is, attending Melb Victory games and following EPL, NBA, NBL, NFL etc. the biggest difference would be the fact I'd eye off an overseas escape from Winter each year without fearing I'd be missing something back home, as has occured in the past with footy.

In actual fact, with the kids growing I'd probably find myself much more involved in their sport.

With all that T'Toes, coupled with moderating this board and reading just about every post, how many hours do you have free in any week? Or are the weeks much longer in your world.

With all that T'Toes, coupled with moderating this board and reading just about every post, how many hours do you have free in any week? Or are the weeks much longer in your world.

I go for a run post midnight every night as well. The waking hours of my week are probably longer than average as I live on SFA sleep Horace. Money never sleeps, and nor does TT!

On the assumption that the Thread title refers to AFL the competition not the code, I'd go for a VFL side plus local footy. But would be totally pissed off with whoever caused the demise of the NMFC, don't care about the rest.

Poll needs a professional wrestling option - got me through the heartache of the immediate post-Carey era when it was too painful to watch AFL. 3 greatest sporting moments I've ever seen:

1. 1996 premiership
2. 1999 premiership
3. Kurt Angle nailing Stone Cold and his cronies
with the milk truck on Raw is War
TpX96cK.jpg

kurt-angle-milk-man-cometh-o.gif

milk-chug.gif

Poll needs a professional wrestling option - got me through the heartache of the immediate post-Carey era when it was too painful to watch AFL. 3 greatest sporting moments I've ever seen:

1. 1996 premiership
2. 1999 premiership
3. Kurt Angle nailing Stone Cold and his cronies
with the milk truck on Raw is War
TpX96cK.jpg

kurt-angle-milk-man-cometh-o.gif

milk-chug.gif
Replace the milk with beer and your post is perfection :D

Back