Imagine if we went backwards and finished bottom 4 or something, lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

I will never turn on my tigers but man it has hurt since 80.. Watched the granny as a 8 year old and probably thought 'how easy is this'
To have some sustained success would be gratifying and satisfying to say the least.
We WILL get there and now seems as good a time as any..
The next 5 years is filled with potential, I am ready for it :)

I will never turn on my tigers but man it has hurt since 80.. Watched the granny as a 8 year old and probably thought 'how easy is this'
To have some sustained success would be gratifying and satisfying to say the least.
We WILL get there and now seems as good a time as any..
The next 5 years is filled with potential, I am ready for it :)

to tell you the truth, i just want to rock up at the G and watch some bloody good footy, instead of sinking scotchs in the bar 15 mins in and this tiger outfit are making me watch the footy again.

I did the same thing mate. Kept a scrapbook and piled it full of Disco Roach and there was one pic where Wiley and Rowlings were equal leaders of the Sun's award going to the last round and they were pictured with each other before it. Good times.
42 here and feeling it. Can't wait much longer brother.

Thanks tugga

I still remember a few scrap book articles too; A herald rhyming couplet prediction. (they loved those) it was "Tiger Tiger burning bright; now the Roos will feel their bite" and yep, we smashed them that week as predicted.
I also clearly remember the photo of Roach, Jacko, (yep him), and Peter Lane all holding a football after they'd all kicked a hundred goals in our 3 sides. Seniors reserves and U.19's.

And on another note, as we oldies have hopefully made clear, of course we will continue to support our team; its in our blood.
We merely are dreaming, hoping, and above all waiting impatiently.

Thanks tugga

I still remember a few scrap book articles too; A herald rhyming couplet prediction. (they loved those) it was "Tiger Tiger burning bright; now the Roos will feel their bite" and yep, we smashed them that week as predicted.
I also clearly remember the photo of Roach, Jacko, (yep him), and Peter Lane all holding a football after they'd all kicked a hundred goals in our 3 sides. Seniors reserves and U.19's.

And on another note, as we oldies have hopefully made clear, of course we will continue to support our team; its in our blood.
We merely are dreaming, hoping, and above all waiting impatiently.
Keep posting mate. You're a good one.

She will put out one day mate. It will be like the nerd landing the prettiest girl in the school.
I plan to be around when she does put out and if I'm not, I hope you all enjoy it to kingdom come and our the loudest, worst winners imaginable.

Not me Tuggs, it will be a case of the dick jock finally getting the nerdy hot prissy girl get it orn! (I need to post this due to my good looks). Consistency is the key.

Agreed, but upon hearing the 9thmond joke for the 10 squillionth time I struggle to summon a chuckle....
Oh i agree. It gets tiresome from others, but i can handle joking between Richmond supporters. The rest can get suffed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow some of you guys can be real ******* assholes, he is just saying what alot of us are thinking or more so worried will happen because we have seen it more than a few times happen to richmond, i don't think it will happen, i think our side is too good to finish bottom four but it could, show the OP some respect guys!

Wow some of you guys can be real ******* assholes, he is just saying what alot of us are thinking or more so worried will happen because we have seen it more than a few times happen to richmond, i don't think it will happen, i think our side is too good to finish bottom four but it could, show the OP some respect guys!
Hows your form asking us to show some respect and then calling us ******* assholes???

My 44 year old brother said the same thing.. Quote 'if we don't play finals in 13/14 I am out as I won't be able to stand it anymore'

This is such a serious concern of mine, i love richmond, i bleed yellow and black, i have membership for all my kids and wife but it worries me that if they dont have some success that i will lose faith and interest or worse won't care anymore :confused:

Interesting that some posters think that finishing bottom 4 means that the wheels have fallen off. For strong clubs it is a chance to regroup and plan for the next year. In the last 10 years there have been examples, e.g. West Coast and others having one poor year and then back in finals and premiership threat the next. If we are to be successful long term, one poor year does not mean a 5 year rebuilding plan. Get hungrier, get meaner, get even!

The whole problem is though dude, we've had no success before going backwards, if we had some success then i could swallow going backwards!

You guys are hilarious. You know it's all about the journey, don't you. And the way the RFC is going about it means that we can enjoy it along the way, watch the kids mature, see the strategy come to pass. No quick fixes, nothing dodgy, and wins to enjoy. FTF, ME Bank centre, new oval, Arizona, we're a powerhouse on our way.
I know you're just saying you'll be done, but I reckon it's because deep down we're all very excited and quite rightly, expectations are higher.
I think we're all a bit scared because the stakes have got much higher. We're out of development now, it's time to deliver.
And you blokes aren't going anywhere.

its been a hard hard road that i travel.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back