Immigration and criteria

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
There are signs of this part of the debate been silenced already but it is an unfortunate and urgent question that must be debated. Are Islamic values compatible with Western and in particular Australian society?

While I am most certainly against targeting individuals, launching hate attacks etc it is high time the central question be addressed why does Islam attract so many fanatical extremists who commit terrorist activities?

In any other sphere of policy a persons values and associations are questioned (For example recently certain Americans were denied visas into Australia on the basis they belonged to a Bikie Organisation who's values were incompatible, Neo Nazis are denied visas not for individual crimes but on the basis the values their organisation holds are repugnant to Australian life) so why the hell can't we at least examine what is it about Islam that is so violent? While it will no doubt be argued that this was a lone wolf, deranged loner etc the fact remains many similar atrocities around the world all have Islam as a rallying call. Haven't seen too many fanatical Buddhists or Hindus attack cafes, kidnap school girls or launch a global caliphate recently.

In my opinion certain elements of Islam such as submission, a lack of separation between church and state and value to Religious ideals above all else are directly in contrast with Australian values of freedom of self expression and determination, a separation of church and state. Further more certain cultural practices such as the subjugation of women, lack of tolerance of non believers (infidels), arranged and forced marriages and violent suppression of descent are prevalent in many areas of Islamic strongholds.

With immigration in this country an absolute shambles and bloody free for all which severely needs to be curtailed across the board Australia should be very very selective about who can join our society and whether they fit what should be an iron clad criteria. To mine this means that unless people can prove themselves of exlemorary charecter and standing they do not deserve the privilege of moving to Australia. For those who follow the extreme fundamental elements of Islamic teaching these values are in direct contrast.

Now people can call me a racist hick, point out where I am wrong etc etc and that's fine. I'm willing to learn. But why the hell can't we have the debate??? It is an obvious question that needs addressing and hiding behind not offending anyone and pretending these events don't happen won't change it.

I'm willing to learn. But why the hell can't we have the debate???
We can, and we have, time and time and time again. Your intentions may be honourable and there may be some here capable of such discussions but we've been down this path dozens of time and it always ends up with the same old drivel.

We don't need to do this again, especially just after people have just died, and we certainly don't need to try and blame an entire religion for the action of a singular lunatic, just the same as we didn't blame Christianity for the Martin Bryant and Julian Knight atrocities.

If you really want to learn, feel free to use the search function. Your first point of call would be to search for threads started by Stewies Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back