IMPORTANT: Recommended Itinerary for Easter Monday

Always Hawks

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Make sure you get all the Easter Weekend boozing and schmoozing with all your "friends" and "family" who don't follow the Hawks (and your mrs) well and truly done and dusted by Sunday night - you'll need all of Monday completely clear.

8.45am: it's going to be a long day so get started with the breakfast of champions - 3 fried eggs on toast with tomato sauce, crispy bacon and a tall glass of freshly squeezed OJ

9:00am: settle down on the couch in front of the Samsung HDTV and slap on the 2008 Grand Final DVD. Allow yourself to be serenaded by the dulcet tones of McAvaney and Cometti as they call ... "TO BATEMAN, HARD RUNNING, CAN KICK A GOAL...", "Rioli brilliant here, ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT RIOLI ...", "Now Dew, could kick this, AND HE HAS, HE'S HAD THE BEST 5 MINUTES OF HIS FOOTY LIFE ..."

11.16am: "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT"

11.25am: get yourself a bit fired up and on edge by watching one of the many Kennett Curse / Geelong v Hawthorn 11 game winning streak videos on YouTube.

11.30am: crack out the 2013 Preliminary Final DVD. That's right, time to re-live THE PRESSURE applied by the unbeatable and insurmountable PURPLE HAZE one of the most intense, spine-tingling, heart-wrenching games of footy ever played (looking back, how many of you can HONESTLY say that you didn't think we were gone at 3/4 time?)

1:35pm: as Hill snaps a goal and you know that the final comeback is on in earnest, start to fire off a few SMS/emails/BigFooty posts to Geelong supporters about how, no matter how many games they might have won, WE ALWAYS WIN THE ONES THAT MATTER.

1:42pm: "BURGOYNE, TO PUT THEM IN FRONT, HE DOESN'T MISS, HE'S KICKED 3 ... HAWTHORN BACK IN FRONT."

2:15pm: throw on some Hawthorn gear - old school Crawford #9 or Dunstall #19 jerseys recommended - and head over to the train station to meet your mates.

2:35pm: join in the Hawthorn theme song breaking out on the train, preferably on the Belgrave/Lilydale line as you cruise past Glenferrie Oval.

2.50pm: arrive at the G, take in a bit of the Easter spirit and try to out-do Jesus himself, but fail dismally when instead of turning water into wine, you turn 20 of your hard-earned into 2 Carlton Mid-Strengths and a lukewarm pie .. :confused:

3:15pm: soak in the atmos at the greatest ground in the world as both teams run out

5:25pm: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" as Ducky McDuck Duck gets another free kick, then "BREUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST" as the champ crumbs one and kicks a goal to level the scores

5:48pm: With the Cats leading by 3 points and a minute to go, Suckling gathers on the wing and kicks it in looooooonnnnng towards CYRIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! PLAYS ON AND SNAPS A GOAL!!!!!!!! HAWTHORN IN FRONT!!!

5:49pm: Glance up to the Channel 7 commentary box where Bruce has to be PHYSICALLY RESTRAINED from getting his prawn out and finishing himself off after Cyril's last effort.

5:51pm: "WE'RE A HAPPY TEAM AT HAWTHORN, WE'RE THE MIGHTY FIGHTING HAWKS....."

6:00pm: Realise that you should be responsible and go home, but it's impossible (and rude) to stop the celebrations now. Agree to head over to The Royal (bring your gold coins for the collection) for "just a quick one" (or ten).

11:59pm: Crawl into bed with a s**t-eating grin plastered on your face, safe in the knowledge that even though in the end "it's just a game" and "it doesn't really matter" (does anything *really* matter? We're all going to die one day anyway...), out of all the things in the world that you could possibly choose to care about, in choosing the Hawthorn footy club, you picked an absolute ripper. :thumbsu:

GOHORCS

All Australian
Nov 12, 2011
Mount Martha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am doing it in style this time. Lunch in the members dining room and a long room pass to watch the game on padded seats and drink out of GLASS pint glasses and at half time visiting with the rest of the family including my 20 month old who will be attending his first match as a 3rd year member. They decided to come after I had organised to be in members etc.
I was hoping he would get to see that tear in the corner of my eye as the siren goes. Then again they are just another side we have beaten recently.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Can you whip up a version for those of us traveling up on the VLine (early one to avoid the Cats nannas) from Geelong, please? ;)
Wear some sort of hard sole shoe so if you step on a needle it doesnt puncture through

1.00 pm - Drive to the MCG
2.10 pm - Watch the game
4.40 pm - get into car
5.30 pm - finally get OUT of car park

Not sure what game you'll be watching, but the actual game doesn't start to 3.20pm.

Hope you have a ticket.

I'm worried as to why you're leaving at half time? :drunk:

Ha ha, I'm an idiot!
I'll have to reschedule my day!

It will still take 40 - 50 minutes to exit the Car Park, so I'll probably get home about midnight ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hawker92

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
5:48pm: With the Cats leading by 3 points and a minute to go, Suckling gathers on the wing and kicks it in looooooonnnnng towards CYRIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! PLAYS ON AND SNAPS A GOAL!!!!!!!! HAWTHORN IN FRONT!!!

Hopefully it's not this close/they never get in front/ we win by a lot

MrFujiMoto

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Norwood Redlegs
Make sure you get all the Easter Weekend boozing and schmoozing with all your "friends" and "family" who don't follow the Hawks (and your mrs) well and truly done and dusted by Sunday night - you'll need all of Monday completely clear.

8.45am: it's going to be a long day so get started with the breakfast of champions - 3 fried eggs on toast with tomato sauce, crispy bacon and a tall glass of freshly squeezed OJ

9:00am: settle down on the couch in front of the Samsung HDTV and slap on the 2008 Grand Final DVD. Allow yourself to be serenaded by the dulcet tones of McAvaney and Cometti as they call ... "TO BATEMAN, HARD RUNNING, CAN KICK A GOAL...", "Rioli brilliant here, ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT RIOLI ...", "Now Dew, could kick this, AND HE HAS, HE'S HAD THE BEST 5 MINUTES OF HIS FOOTY LIFE ..."

11.16am: "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT"

11.25am: get yourself a bit fired up and on edge by watching one of the many Kennett Curse / Geelong v Hawthorn 11 game winning streak videos on YouTube.

11.30am: crack out the 2013 Preliminary Final DVD. That's right, time to re-live THE PRESSURE applied by the unbeatable and insurmountable PURPLE HAZE one of the most intense, spine-tingling, heart-wrenching games of footy ever played (looking back, how many of you can HONESTLY say that you didn't think we were gone at 3/4 time?)

1:35pm: as Hill snaps a goal and you know that the final comeback is on in earnest, start to fire off a few SMS/emails/BigFooty posts to Geelong supporters about how, no matter how many games they might have won, WE ALWAYS WIN THE ONES THAT MATTER.

1:42pm: "BURGOYNE, TO PUT THEM IN FRONT, HE DOESN'T MISS, HE'S KICKED 3 ... HAWTHORN BACK IN FRONT."

2:15pm: throw on some Hawthorn gear - old school Crawford #9 or Dunstall #19 jerseys recommended - and head over to the train station to meet your mates.

2:35pm: join in the Hawthorn theme song breaking out on the train, preferably on the Belgrave/Lilydale line as you cruise past Glenferrie Oval.

2.50pm: arrive at the G, take in a bit of the Easter spirit and try to out-do Jesus himself, but fail dismally when instead of turning water into wine, you turn 20 of your hard-earned into 2 Carlton Mid-Strengths and a lukewarm pie .. :confused:

3:15pm: soak in the atmos at the greatest ground in the world as both teams run out

5:25pm: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" as Ducky McDuck Duck gets another free kick, then "BREUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST" as the champ crumbs one and kicks a goal to level the scores

5:49pm: Glance up to the Channel 7 commentary box where Bruce has to be PHYSICALLY RESTRAINED from getting his prawn out and finishing himself off after Cyril's last effort.

5:51pm: "WE'RE A HAPPY TEAM AT HAWTHORN, WE'RE THE MIGHTY FIGHTING HAWKS....."

6:00pm: Realise that you should be responsible and go home, but it's impossible (and rude) to stop the celebrations now. Agree to head over to The Royal (bring your gold coins for the collection) for "just a quick one" (or ten).

11:59pm: Crawl into bed with a s**t-eating grin plastered on your face, safe in the knowledge that even though in the end "it's just a game" and "it doesn't really matter" (does anything *really* matter? We're all going to die one day anyway...), out of all the things in the world that you could possibly choose to care about, in choosing the Hawthorn footy club, you picked an absolute ripper. :thumbsu:

That fine sir, is quality

Mine is a little simpler -

9.30am - Watch the 08GF
about 12pm - watch the 13 PF
about 2.45pm - Get my better half to strap me into my straight jacket.

Depending on the game from there but could be -

If we are in front @ about 4pm - Get her to let me out of it, they get uncomfortable
If we are behind @ about 4pm - Get her to put me back in after I have rabidly gnawed my way out of it (we have a few of them from past games).

If we win - celebrate with the family
If we lose - Ring Alliance and get a claim lodged for broken windows, TV and assorted household items.

2.10 pm - Watch the game
4.40 pm - get into car
5.30 pm - finally get OUT of car park

Game starts at 3:20 ;)

1.10 pm - Drink pots at London
3.00 pm - Walk back to G
3.20 pm - Watch the game
5.50 pm - get into car
6.40 pm - finally get OUT of car park
9.00 pm - get back home in south gippy

Hawks1994

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Love this!

I will now have one eye on the Channel 7 commentary box on Monday, just after Cyril does something amazing...

I AM SO FRICKIN' PUMPED!!!!

Always Hawks

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can you whip up a version for those of us traveling up on the VLine (early one to avoid the Cats nannas) from Geelong, please? ;)
Mate I would grab yourself a copy of Playing to Win and try to churn through it in the morning and on the train on the way up to Melbourne.

Then go and have a few beers and a bite to eat at Riverland Bar by the Yarra (if the weather is decent). From there it's a relaxed 15-20 minute stroll across to the G to watch the Hawks smash the Handbaggers in the afternoon.
PTW.jpg

Mate I would grab yourself a copy of Playing to Win and try to churn through it in the morning and on the train on the way up to Melbourne.

Then go and have a few beers and a bite to eat at Riverland Bar by the Yarra (if the weather is decent). From there it's a relaxed 15-20 minute stroll across to the G to watch the Hawks smash the Handbaggers in the afternoon.
View attachment 51906

I might actually be eating there. Meeting up with some friends for a meal and then wandering up to the G. The best bit will be if we win....the train trip home. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. ;)

Apparently there's a documentary on Max Bailey's journey to the premiership before the game (2pm start?). Worth watching if you're not able to make it to the game.

Back