In 2015 which team will go up the ladder the most and which will go down the ladder the most?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
As the title suggests which team do you personally think will go up the ladder the most in 2015 and which will go down the ladder the most in 2015 compared to how they went in 2014.

For me the clubs I think will most likely go up the ladder the most would be GWS, Melbourne or Brisbane but I will go with Brisbane (just) as I have a feeling about them next year. They may not make the finals but I think they will be a lot better than they were in 2014.

As for who goes down the ladder the most assuming that nothing happens to Essendon with the drugs scandal I think either Carlton or Collingwood will go down the ladder the most. I will go with Collingwood as I think they lost some important players in the off season and I don't think they will be easily replaced in 2015.

So what do you all think?

After Hawthorn destroyed their confidence, Sydney will go the way of Port Adelaide (circa-08) and become a rabble.

And I think the answer for going up will be Gold Coast.

Footscray and Brisbane will be the two big bolters of 2015, suspect Freo and Richmond will have bit of a slide.
No idea how the likes of Adelaide, Carlton and West Coast will go, three of the hardest teams to make an accurate reading on.

Tipping a Port Adelaide v Hawthorn GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 of Carltons best senior players out or played injured for large parts or ALL of the season :

Kruezer

Judd

Murphy

Everitt

Andrew Walker

Henderson

Daisy Thomas

Buckley (I know, but we love him).

Outside of the years Carlton struggled with their salary cap breaches (2002-2007) 2014 was the worst season on record and lowest wins for a season since 1925

Carlton has turned over 23 players over the last two seasons in a complete overhaul of the list.

Blues to be the biggest improvers of 2015.

7 of Carltons best senior players out or played injured for large parts or ALL of the season :

Kruezer

Judd

Murphy

Everitt

Andrew Walker

Henderson

Daisy Thomas

Outside of the years Carlton struggled with their salary cap breaches (2002-2007) 2014 was the worst season on record and lowest wins for a season since 1925

Carlton has turned over 23 players over the last two seasons in a complete overhaul of the list.

Everrit is one of your top 7? Oh no..

Kruezer

Judd

Murphy

Everitt

Andrew Walker

Henderson

Daisy Thomas

Any side that includes Everitt amongst their best senior players has some serious issues... :p

I'm going GWS as the bolter. In the past they've lacked senior, mature bodies and this off-season they've gone out and got Patfull and Griffin. The players they lost were pretty much all fringe players who played only 5-9 games. Their 2011 draft crop are now hitting 21/22 years of age and reaching that physical maturity required to dominate.

Griffen (29), Ward (25), Smith (22), Treloar (22), Shiel (22), Hoskin-Elliott (21/22), Coniglio (21), Whitfield (20), Palmer (26)

That's a solid, developed midfield. A far cry from the team of teenagers they fielded a couple of years ago. They lost their two best key defenders (Phil Davis and Tim Mohr) for most of last year and Cameron had a downer. If they can get those 3 up and running it will give them a huge boost.

They finished with 6 wins and 76.7% in 2014. It wouldn't surprise me to see them win 10-12 games and finish with a percentage of 90-100%.

Gold Coast, Brisbane, Richmond and Adelaide (in order of likelihood) are the others that I could see jumping 3-4 positions next year.

As for "teams which will go down the ladder the most", it's much harder to say. Predicting when older players break down, retire or start to decline is much harder than tipping young guys to improve. I'll say Essendon is a given to slide, but other than that I'm not really sure. Geelong are probably the other one, but we say that every year.

I'd say Carlton will decline too, but they already finished 13th with 7 wins.

This thread will end well!

NotEndWell.jpg

Footscray and Brisbane will be the two big bolters of 2015
Are you aware that "Footscray" have lost all of Griffen (19 games this year), Cooney (18 this year), Higgins (20) and Giansiricusa (15) and have M Boyd, Murphy and Morris all due to turn 33yo next year and Minson 30? Unless I'm greatly mistaken, they now have a bit (or a lot) of a chasm between those aged about 23yo and that soon-to-be 33yo group and as such they probably wouldn't want to get too many injuries, or they could be in a bit of a world of hurt.

As such I'd suggest they are more of a chance to finish bottom (which could be a very legit chance, if they happen to have a bad injury run and we finally have a good run) than they are of bolting and say making the finals.

They've picked up T Boyd, who ought to be a huge win for them from about 1-2 years time, but have lost a hell of a lot in the meantime (especially in terms of experience, speed and skill, areas they were already considered to be lacking) and have a few others very much on the brink of going over the hill, so I reckon they'll be doing well if they don't slide in 2015- especially with teams like Melbourne and GWS very likely to be stronger.

The likes of Macrae will of course have another preseason under their belts, which will help, but they will also get the tags every single week, with Griffen and Cooney gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back