In Affectionate Remembrance of Australian Cricket: Ashes, 4th Test, Day 3

Remove this Banner Ad

if we were using the kookaburra in this series, does anyone reckon it would still be 3-1?
maybe give the touring team the choice of ball so it's not all one way.
Nah, that's just the way it goes. Only a bad sportsman blames his tools.

Good start to the captaincy reign of Steve Smith. Out for a 6 ball duck.

What's to bet SMarsh tons up in this game again. He is the biggest pricktease of all time when it comes to test match cricket.

The only reasonably good bit of news out of this game so far is that Pat Cummins and Mitch Marsh bowled quite well. The batting though is an absolute shambles atm.

Ben Sanderson has a FC average of 22, although from just his 6th game. The rest are 34 or above. Crook who has taken a wicket has FC average of 38.

On the batting side, only four of them have an average above 30, none above 38. Hilarious that they made 396. Adding their averages together is 144 short of that.

The only reasonably good bit of news out of this game so far is that Pat Cummins and Mitch Marsh bowled quite well. The batting though is an absolute shambles atm.
Apparently Cummins didn't bowl that well, he should have had an early one but didn't trouble anyone til the tail enders. He's a spud of high proportions.

Apparently Cummins didn't bowl that well, he should have had an early one but didn't trouble anyone til the tail enders. He's a spud of high proportions.

TBF though you think everyone is a spud of the highest proportion so Ill take that with a grain of salt.

Though I agree Cummins has been vastly overhyped but I still think he has a good career ahead of him. He didn't threaten early but kept it tight all day and got some late rewards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crazy thing is that Cummins hasn't played enough FC cricket yet to know whether he's a spud or not.

...and he's on an Ashes tour. :confused:

The crazy thing is that Cummins hasn't played enough FC cricket yet to know whether he's a spud or not.

...and he's on an Ashes tour. :confused:

I don't think any side we could have picked would of won this series in England but the selectors do need to shoulder a large amount of the blame. Dropping Haddin and Watson after 1 test (you either pick and stick or dont play them), the selections of Siddle, Ahmed and Cummins (all who haven't played a test over there, so what was the point of having them on tour?) and then the dropping of Mitch Marsh for the previous test (I know he didn't set the world on fire, but as I said earlier, you need to pick and stick and show some faith).

The final nail in the coffin will be to drop Josh Hazlewood (despite averaging 27 with the ball) for anything other than fitness related issues.

I don't think any side we could have picked would of won this series in England but the selectors do need to shoulder a large amount of the blame. Dropping Haddin and Watson after 1 test (you either pick and stick or dont play them), the selections of Siddle, Ahmed and Cummins (all who haven't played a test over there, so what was the point of having them on tour?) and then the dropping of Mitch Marsh for the previous test (I know he didn't set the world on fire, but as I said earlier, you need to pick and stick and show some faith).

The final nail in the coffin will be to drop Josh Hazlewood (despite averaging 27 with the ball) for anything other than fitness related issues.
Not picking Mitch Marsh for the First Test was really weird considering the form he was in at the time.

I feel like Hazlewood has bowled poorly for the last two Tests. I'd keep him in ahead of Siddle, but he really ought to be more accurate than he has been.

Way to write off a promising player because you don't approve of the hype he gets.

Sure, he probably shouldn't be there at the moment. But he is, so I personally hope he goes well. He's no spud.

Watson out LBW for 20. He's nothing if consistent!

Not picking Mitch Marsh for the First Test was really weird considering the form he was in at the time.

I feel like Hazlewood has bowled poorly for the last two Tests. I'd keep him in ahead of Siddle, but he really ought to be more accurate than he has been.

I think it has been a culmination of a few factors that has seen Josh lose his radar.

The fact that we have been bowled out for such paltry scores has led him to feel he needs to bowl the money ball every delivery which is hurting his radar.

Also the fact that he hasn't ever had to bowl for such a consistently long period of time before in his career is probably making him a bit weary.

The other thing is he is basically now the leader of the attack (as I think Johnson will never "lead" the attack and build pressure like a Harris). That's a lot of pressure to foist upon a guy only in his first full season of test cricket.

Way to write off a promising player because you don't approve of the hype he gets.

Sure, he probably shouldn't be there at the moment. But he is, so I personally hope he goes well. He's no spud.

Watson out LBW for 20. He's nothing if consistent!

The umpires just troll Watson now. They are trigger happy with him because they see a walking LBW whenever he comes out to the wicket.

I think it has been a culmination of a few factors that has seen Josh lose his radar.

The fact that we have been bowled out for such paltry scores has led him to feel he needs to bowl the money ball every delivery which is hurting his radar.

Also the fact that he hasn't ever had to bowl for such a consistently long period of time before in his career is probably making him a bit weary.

The other thing is he is basically now the leader of the attack (as I think Johnson will never "lead" the attack and build pressure like a Harris). That's a lot of pressure to foist upon a guy only in his first full season of test cricket.

I think that problem has affected all of the attack.

They didn't drop Haddin. It was daft to pick Watson for one test, then Mitch Marsh for two.

Having players in the squad that don't get a game on tour is normal. A squad isn't there to give everyone a go.

They didn't drop Haddin. It was daft to pick Watson for one test, then Mitch Marsh for two.

Having players in the squad that don't get a game on tour is normal. A squad isn't there to give everyone a go.

Well they technically did drop Haddin. If they were not dropping him what was stopping them bringing him back for Edgbaston?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back