In Daryl Morey we trust - Houston Rockets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

we don't need them to win it

If you think we can win with JET and Prig playing the point, having to get through Paul/Parker and then Curry/Conley with possibly Irving/Rose in the Finals, I want some of what youre having!!

Plus, id prefer D-Mo as back up centre over Capela

If you think we can win with JET and Prig playing the point, having to get through Paul/Parker and then Curry/Conley with possibly Irving/Rose in the Finals, I want some of what youre having!!

Plus, id prefer D-Mo as back up centre over Capela
As long as Howard and Harden are healthy, we are a chance. I prefer Capela as back up because he plays defence, D Mo isn't very good at defence and that is the end we struggle with. Beverley also hasn't been good and his defence is over rated, he still gets scored on and his shooting is horrible. But Pat Beverley said that he might be back later in the Playoffs if we got that far. Harden is basically our point guard any way.

Really want the Spurs, which will still be bloody hard but a much better matchup. Paul will destroy our pensioner points, DJ is a good matchup with Howard and Redick plays both ends well on Harden.

As long as Howard and Harden are healthy, we are a chance. I prefer Capela as back up because he plays defence, D Mo isn't very good at defence and that is the end we struggle with. Beverley also hasn't been good and his defence is over rated, he still gets scored on and his shooting is horrible. But Pat Beverley said that he might be back later in the Playoffs if we got that far. Harden is basically our point guard any way.

D-Mo was in the top 3 of the league defending the rim while Howard was out, he may not get blocks but he forces his opponents to shoot very poorly around the rim. Capela may get blocks which look great, but hes actually not an amazing defender. It take D-Mo right now every day, he can also stretch the floor and shoot free throws. Beverley is a huge loss, make no mistake about it, Chris Paul if he is healthy will tear us a new one.

D-Mo was in the top 3 of the league defending the rim while Howard was out, he may not get blocks but he forces his opponents to shoot very poorly around the rim. Capela may get blocks which look great, but hes actually not an amazing defender. It take D-Mo right now every day, he can also stretch the floor and shoot free throws. Beverley is a huge loss, make no mistake about it, Chris Paul if he is healthy will tear us a new one.

D Mo wasn't that good defending the rim, don't know where you got that from. He wasn't top 3. Beverley's lack of play making and poor shot selection really hurt us in the past few months in key games

D Mo wasn't that good defending the rim, don't know where you got that from. He wasn't top 3. Beverley's lack of play making and poor shot selection really hurt us in the past few months in key games

D-Mo allowed 48% shooting at the rim, lets put that in perspective....

Deandre Jordan: 48.5%
Marc Gasol (defensive player of the year last season): 49.5%
Andre Drummond: 48%
Anthony Davis: 48.6%

Get my point?

D-Mo certainly improved defensively, he's got length after all which is good, it also would have meant you could avoid hack a whoever without compromising the lineup too much as you could put him out there with T Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D-Mo certainly improved defensively, he's got length after all which is good, it also would have meant you could avoid hack a whoever without compromising the lineup too much as you could put him out there with T Jones.

Exactly. Funnily enough, when T-Jones and D-Mo were paired, they were actually very effective both offensively and defensively.

D-Mo allowed 48% shooting at the rim, lets put that in perspective....

Deandre Jordan: 48.5%
Marc Gasol (defensive player of the year last season): 49.5%
Andre Drummond: 48%
Anthony Davis: 48.6%

Get my point?
those players are not good rim protectors, Davis gets most of his blocks away from the rim, so does Jordan who isn't that good of a defender. I think Howard was at 42 percent at the rim, Ibaka was at 40.8. Boguts was 41 percent. 48 or 49 percent is way too high to be an elite rim protector

Amazing.

I never thought we'd beat LA, but what about that s**t!!!!

Pretty hard to write them off v GSW now. Not that I think we'll win that series either, but this team is rolling right now.

GO YOU ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#rednation

What a comeback. I've never doubted this teams ability, just their will to produce it consistently and the ability of McHale, who improved a lot over the last few games, looks like for once he's finally reading the game in front of him.

Credit to Mark Cuban too. For what he's paying Parsons we have Brewer, Ariza and Smith....just a slight upgrade. Ariza in particular has been great, guarded just about everyone this series and if he can hit his shot just is the piece that makes everything work.

Tough series ahead, would love Beverley back even if it was for a few mins a quarter to harrass the hell out of Curry. It scares me what he is capable of doing to Terry. Expect we may see a bit of Harden at point, with Ariza on Curry and Brewer on Klay.

So season over and one I'm pretty damn happy with. Views and wishes going into next year? I honestly don't think we're too far off it.

Wishes:
McHale gone. Won't happen :(
Smith, Brewer and Beverley resigned if money is right.
An upgrade at point guard with Beverley to the bench. Happy for Jones to be the trade bait.

So season over and one I'm pretty damn happy with. Views and wishes going into next year? I honestly don't think we're too far off it.

Wishes:
An upgrade at point guard with Beverley to the bench. Happy for Jones to be the trade bait.
yeah mchale isn't going anywhere esp this time of year, players want to play for him.

smith,brew, bev and terry have all stated they want to stay here and moray came out and said its time for this team to have stability in the form of roster moves.

harden went to the media and told them that he is going to talk to moray about getting more help at PG. my hope would be lowry as he was the first person they spoke to last year during FA or conley if gasol leaves and they decide to blow it up. we have pieces they would want like tjones/johnson/picks even capela if we had to do it.

llull-3502.jpg

Is it finally happening? Bit of talk about this season will be the one but I guess we get that every year.

He would be on a good pay cheque at Real Madrid so reckon we would have to pay 4-5 mill to get him over and that will probably hurt with resigning some of Beverly, Smith and Brewer. Thoughts fellow clutch fans?

Wishes:

nothing wrong with McHale, i thought he was pretty good in the Playoffs and his time outs were mostly great apart from a couple of obvious ones.

He isn't good on the defensive side of things but that is left to J B Bickerstaff and he did a good job making us a better defensive unit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back