In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

now just above 1800 :thumbsu: Still manage to get to every game, but geez it would be nice to have my own seats. oh well, how many years until that new stadium arrives :p:mad:

now just above 1800 :thumbsu: Still manage to get to every game, but geez it would be nice to have my own seats. oh well, how many years until that new stadium arrives :p:mad:

How exactly do you get tickets? I tried this morning for the Hawthorn game half an hour after ticketmaster opened them to the public...was this half an hour too late?

How exactly do you get tickets? I tried this morning for the Hawthorn game half an hour after ticketmaster opened them to the public...was this half an hour too late?

In the wings go on sale at 10 AM on the Thursday before the game.

Half hour for public tickets is usually way too late. In the wings members priority tickets go on sale the Thursday before home games. I have never missed out on these if I've tried for them.

I'm in same boat as you mate.
It's nice just being able to go - so many can't. But it'd be nice to have my own seats.

Half hour for public tickets is usually way too late. In the wings members priority tickets go on sale the Thursday before home games. I have never missed out on these if I've tried for them.

Same.

PS
"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 6 characters." - what the hell happened to the 4 character minimum???

I'm on ticketmaster 9am every Monday the tickets go on sale. You have to be on 9am on the dot :thumbsu: 30 minutes is too late, especially when we are playing a team such as Hawthorn. Just wait for members resale now. Still have to be quick

Getting tickets now is no where near as difficult as back in '07. They were gone in less then 5 minutes back then....now it's about 10 :p

I'm 802 on the wait list, up from 853 last year.

I managed to get tickets to every game last year, including the final against carlton, and in pretty decent seats. But today was near impossible, it felt like there was only about 10 seats/tickets available and pretty sure there were only budget seats. By 9:07 they were all gone. Anyway I got 3 tickets, so i'm happy!

I'm 802 on the wait list, up from 853 last year.

I managed to get tickets to every game last year, including the final against carlton, and in pretty decent seats. But today was near impossible, it felt like there was only about 10 seats/tickets available and pretty sure there were only budget seats. By 9:07 they were all gone. Anyway I got 3 tickets, so i'm happy!

I dont get it - why were you getting tickets yesterday... thats general public, so always only budget seats. If you are ITW, then why not just grab em Thursdays of home game weeks?

Im in the same boat - happy to get resale seats every game I want to go to - have never missed out on the Thurs morning. Last week got excellent seats right on the centre of the wing 12 rows back from the fence.

Some people say might as well give ITW up as I wont get seats until a new stadium... but thing is your order will still decide how good a seat you get allocated at the new stadium... Id much rather the 40,000th best seat than the 50,000th best seat, as it could be the difference of an entire tier height, or 20 odd rows etc.

Since about 05 or 06 here, still just over (or maybe just under) 1000 to go. And at the rate I'm dropping each year I won't be seated until the new stadium is built.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Havent read a post yet from anyone who was waiting in the wings, who now has a full membership. Would be interested to hear what sort of seat they got. If you are #1 in the queue, and the next person who discards their membership had premium seats, do you get offered those premium seats? What happens if you only want to pay for standard or budget seating?

Havent read a post yet from anyone who was waiting in the wings, who now has a full membership. Would be interested to hear what sort of seat they got. If you are #1 in the queue, and the next person who discards their membership had premium seats, do you get offered those premium seats? What happens if you only want to pay for standard or budget seating?

I know someone that got some last year. He joined in 05 and got 2 separate seats (one seat two rows from the other) sort of near the 50 up the Subi end. I'm pretty sure they try to satisfy requests from seated members ie, get separated seats together, upgrade members etc. In the wings would get access to the left overs.

Not exactly sure but I spoke to someone at the membership office a while ago and they mentioned you can apply for a seat transfer. I'm guessing if there is only 1 seat available and you reject it you either miss out or go back to the top of the queue and wait for the next open seat. I'd be taking it though.

I dont get it - why were you getting tickets yesterday... thats general public, so always only budget seats. If you are ITW, then why not just grab em Thursdays of home game weeks?

Because when you buy ITW resale seats it's more or less impossible to get 2 seats together. With GA you can get up to 6 together

Personally I don't want to be Billy No Mates and sit with people i don't know. Plus GA is heaps cheaper

I'm an ITW member but buy general admission tickets for every game pretty much. Had no issues with getting them for the Hawks game. Log into Ticketmaster site and head to game page, hit refresh at 9am and was straight in and grabbed 6:thumbsu:

Long way to go on the waitlist for me (about 3000 ish) but happy to pay the pittance each year for ITW. Even if I have to wait for the new stadium to be built I want to be one of the first in to get a full membership.

People who think there will less people taking out memberships because of the availability of GA tickets at the new stadium are kidding themselves. I can't see us losing too many of the 38000 who currently hold tickets, and everyone on that 10000 strong waitlist isn't just gong to take single memberships, most will take at least 1 extra seat. Membership at the new stadium will sell out as soon as it's released

Im in the same boat - happy to get resale seats every game I want to go to - have never missed out on the Thurs morning. Last week got excellent seats right on the centre of the wing 12 rows back from the fence.

Pretty much because i prefer knowing i have the tickets early in the week, and if I don’t get them there is always Thursday, easier to plan for work, uni etc. Last year I needed to as I worked every Thursday but not Mondays, so just got into the habit. And from having bought tickets on Mondays last season we managed to get the exact 3 seats for 6 home games, they were classified as budget price/tickets, but were really great seats and should have been standard at least. I tried to get those same seats for this year but they have changed it from 4 price categories to 5, so I’ve lost them.

I might have to try resale for the next home game as I got pretty crappy seats in row A for the hawthorn game.

Because when you buy ITW resale seats it's more or less impossible to get 2 seats together. With GA you can get up to 6 together

Personally I don't want to be Billy No Mates and sit with people i don't know. Plus GA is heaps cheaper

I'm an ITW member but buy general admission tickets for every game pretty much. Had no issues with getting them for the Hawks game. Log into Ticketmaster site and head to game page, hit refresh at 9am and was straight in and grabbed 6:thumbsu:

Long way to go on the waitlist for me (about 3000 ish) but happy to pay the pittance each year for ITW. Even if I have to wait for the new stadium to be built I want to be one of the first in to get a full membership.

People who think there will less people taking out memberships because of the availability of GA tickets at the new stadium are kidding themselves. I can't see us losing too many of the 38000 who currently hold tickets, and everyone on that 10000 strong waitlist isn't just gong to take single memberships, most will take at least 1 extra seat. Membership at the new stadium will sell out as soon as it's released

Thats just crap - For 3 years now, every game Ive wanted to go to (about 8 a year) Ive got 4 seats side by side for the family or friends every single time. So all up about 24 games in a row via seat resale without fail - hardly "impossible".

All just depends how badly you want the best resale seats I guess... I dont leave it to chance... 9.30am to 10.30am the Thurs before evey home game I want to go to is blocked out in my work calendar as unavailable, and at 9.55am Im at the PC with the ITW resale password already CTRL-Cd in, hitting refresh from 9.59am on the ticket purchase screen.

Anyone who strolls onto their PC at 10.10am or tries to call to get tickets just doesnt want it enough.

Lost my card (good start) but 5 year member and around the 3000/4000 mark or something I think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back