In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

So, from what I've learned:

11,500+ Waiting List Members
25,000+ what that comes out to in serious waiting list membership purchases
2,500~3,000 ticketed Victorian Member Base
60,000 being fiercely held to by govt as initial stadium size (only likely to change in event of something special in a proposal)
1 game has effective re-sold out - as in all resale seats were sold out. I'm guessing NM game.
The waiting list is almost certain to remain post stadium upgrade.

It is not yet known whether we will get a cleanskin stadium or whether we will get a messy venture like Etihad, complete with messy Medallion-club seating stuff. Club is naturally lobbying fiercely for a clean-skin stadium.

Apparently the club is looking at novel ways to try and handle ticket resales more internally in order to find ways to get more In The Wings people physically into seats and pack the place out more properly.

The Yellow Peril can't come back separately to the store because only two "event" guernseys are allowed to any club in a given year, so you are allowed only home, away, clash, event 1 and event 2. One of the event guernseys for WCE will always be taken up by the Dig Deep game, so we have one slot to share between anniversaries, indigenous round and other special occasions.

Will update if I remember any other tidbits.

So, from what I've learned:

11,500+ Waiting List Members
25,000+ what that comes out to in serious waiting list membership purchases
2,500~3,000 ticketed Victorian Member Base
60,000 being fiercely held to by govt as initial stadium size (only likely to change in event of something special in a proposal)

1 game has effective re-sold out - as in all resale seats were sold out. I'm guessing NM game.
The waiting list is almost certain to remain post stadium upgrade.

It is not yet known whether we will get a cleanskin stadium or whether we will get a messy venture like Etihad, complete with messy Medallion-club seating stuff. Club is naturally lobbying fiercely for a clean-skin stadium.

Apparently the club is looking at novel ways to try and handle ticket resales more internally in order to find ways to get more In The Wings people physically into seats and pack the place out more properly.

The Yellow Peril can't come back separately to the store because only two "event" guernseys are allowed to any club in a given year, so you are allowed only home, away, clash, event 1 and event 2. One of the event guernseys for WCE will always be taken up by the Dig Deep game, so we have one slot to share between anniversaries, indigenous round and other special occasions.

So what is the other special jumper this year

It's a disgrace we wear that white crap instead of the yellow peril.

It's a disgrace we wear that white crap instead of the yellow peril.

I did explicitly ask if she could motivate whoever did the merchandising decisions to get the peril into the team store, but these were the complicating factors.

So what is the other special jumper this year

Not completely sure, now that you mention it.

Eight long years and finally I'm officially a seated member!!! I thought I would have to wait for Burswood to be built.

Got my email today as well. So damn happy! Only problem is this is the first of all the years where I can't attend any games due to work :( family will enjoy my tickets.

Got my email today as well. So damn happy! Only problem is this is the only year where I can't attend any games due to work :( family will enjoy my tickets.
I bought two but they are separated by six seat's. Hopefully I can get two together next season. How long have you been waiting?

I re-joined in 2008, still have quite a few more years to go! If you got in after 2006, it made a big difference, a few thousand joined the waiting list each year and I think due to the low cost most have stayed on.

Not that I am complaining, I wouldn't want it to come through right now. I'm only paying as it is such a low cost and to keep my place for in a few years.

I bought two but they are separated by six seat's. Hopefully I can get two together next season. How long have you been waiting?

This was my 8th year as ITW. I got two, one in front of the other. Not the greatest block but it was the seating that I liked best and a seat is a seat. I'll take it

Where are the seats?

block 315

Last edited:
**** in the Wings. They can suck me.

I'll move to Melbourne and watch all the games every fortnight or so before I get an actual Perth seat.
I'm happy to support the club in a token fashion in the meantime (plus you can really attend any game you want as there are always seats on sale)...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yellow Peril should replace the generic white clash - but if not, it's the ideal jumper for the yellow themed Dig Deep "event".

Stupid guernsey/ branding/ marketing decisions.

Was looking at this link http://www.wcemembership.com.au/faq-category/perth-stadium and I'm a concerned that the club will still have a decent wait list once the new stadium is built.
I've pulled together some very rough numbers (happy to update them if anyone has better info) but I do think people joining in the wings today might struggle to get seats in the new stadium from year 1.

About 40k in seated members at the moment (I think?)
Current waitlist is 11,000+ according to wce website.

If you assume seated members stays steady and that the In the Wings people move up around 500 spots/yr that puts us at 9,000+ Wings members still on the list come new stadium time (4 x 500) I've assumed steady attrition from 2015-2018 inclusive.

I've used 500 as in the past few years I feel like that's how much I've been moving, does anyone have a better number?

I'm not sure what the allocation will be between club members, GA and any Medallion club style stadium seating but I'll assume 90% of tickets will be allocated to club members (54,000).

With the 40,000 already in play that only leaves 14,000 remaining seats across 9,000+ In the Wings. In the Wings are eligible for upto 2 adults and 2 children (4 tickets). So unless there's a take up of < 2tickets per member the guys & gals from about 6,000+ (in 2018 terms) will still be on a wait list.

One way the club might combat this is with limited games memberships (3/5/7 game memberships, etc.) which should free up a lot of extra spots so it'll be interesting to see what comes out from the club over the next year or so.

Either way if you're joining today at 11,000+ it's not ideal. I'm sure the club would love to continue having membership full though, they've probably seen a drop in the 'growth' of the wings due to poor performance and the new stadium (as in I'll just wait for the new stadium then buy a membership).

Was looking at this link http://www.wcemembership.com.au/faq-category/perth-stadium and I'm a concerned that the club will still have a decent wait list once the new stadium is built.
I've pulled together some very rough numbers (happy to update them if anyone has better info) but I do think people joining in the wings today might struggle to get seats in the new stadium from year 1.

About 40k in seated members at the moment (I think?)
Current waitlist is 11,000+ according to wce website.

If you assume seated members stays steady and that the In the Wings people move up around 500 spots/yr that puts us at 9,000+ Wings members still on the list come new stadium time (4 x 500) I've assumed steady attrition from 2015-2018 inclusive.

I've used 500 as in the past few years I feel like that's how much I've been moving, does anyone have a better number?

I'm not sure what the allocation will be between club members, GA and any Medallion club style stadium seating but I'll assume 90% of tickets will be allocated to club members (54,000).

With the 40,000 already in play that only leaves 14,000 remaining seats across 9,000+ In the Wings. In the Wings are eligible for upto 2 adults and 2 children (4 tickets). So unless there's a take up of < 2tickets per member the guys & gals from about 6,000+ (in 2018 terms) will still be on a wait list.

One way the club might combat this is with limited games memberships (3/5/7 game memberships, etc.) which should free up a lot of extra spots so it'll be interesting to see what comes out from the club over the next year or so.

Either way if you're joining today at 11,000+ it's not ideal. I'm sure the club would love to continue having membership full though, they've probably seen a drop in the 'growth' of the wings due to poor performance and the new stadium (as in I'll just wait for the new stadium then buy a membership).
This is why I've been saying 80k the whole time. 60k benefits the Dockers at our expense again. It's such bullshit! I guess a lot of our members will be getting to the age of nursing homes by then but still it's disappointing that we will be restricted by the stadiums capacity again. If we were a privately owned club in the USA or Europe our Stadium would be anywhere between 80-100k and it would be amazing.

If the government built an 80k seat stadium now we would average quite a bit more than the Dockers but one thing is for sure that seeing both Derby's sell out would be incredible. They would sell out every time too as they could offer the opposing team's members a chance to go in a raffle when they buy their memberships at the start of the year to get the tickets, rather than purchasing them 2 weeks before. Not mention that finals would always be sold out. To me that is worth building it right now not in 10-15 years time.

The 60k capacity has me really hoping they don't have Stadium Memberships.

The jury will be out though because I definitely won't be reducing my membership from 11 games. It's the highlight of the year for me.

Now that they have switched Subiaco over to that select your own seats system, you can see how much pressure there is; really aren't that many going back up for sale and there's a lot of people hunting those seats.

That's WA for you, always 10-20 years behind the ball. Exactly like the roads and congestion, the government are at least a decade behind in figure it out. So instead of building a stadium that will serve for the extreme long future, let's go half arsed to save on costs! They're building a stadium to now demand, not demand in the future.

When the seating arrangements happen, there is going to be the biggest shitfight.

A few years ago we accepted 4 separate premium seats which were over a few blocks and sat seperately for 2 years. Luckily enough our seats have been moved together this year! Hang in there everyone! :)

That's WA for you, always 10-20 years behind the ball. Exactly like the roads and congestion, the government are at least a decade behind in figure it out. So instead of building a stadium that will serve for the extreme long future, let's go half arsed to save on costs! They're building a stadium to now demand, not demand in the future.

When the seating arrangements happen, there is going to be the biggest shitfight.

Governments of all persuasions are loathe to spend on projects with a future benefit, deathly afraid of a credit downgrade and being tipped out of office as a result (pointless worrying, even good governments get kicked out on the "it's time for a change" principle) . If this was in CY O'Connor's day the pipeline to Kalgoorlie would have only gone as far as about Merredin, with vague promises to extend it to the Goldfields in the future.

Like you I can see tears come seat allocation time. Those with good seats will probably see them swallowed up for corporate areas and those with lousy seats will be stuck with them. I'd loved to proved wrong.

Oh please. Perth has more meters of road space per person than any other major Australian city.

If the rumours are true the stadium was kept this size at the bequest of the WAFC and AFL clubs.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Eight long years and finally I'm officially a seated member!!! I thought I would have to wait for Burswood to be built.

Same here .... Eight years wait finally paid for my seats today yee.....farken.....haaa

Pretty happy just on the quiet :):drunk::)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back