In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

Same here .... Eight years wait finally paid for my seats today yee.....farken.....haaa

Pretty happy just on the quiet :):drunk::)

I'm in my eighth year now, I must be close to the front of the queue

Got an email from the club today saying that all general public tickets are going on sale 26 March, and all ITW resale tickets will be on sale the Monday two weeks before the game (which is when the public seats used to go on sale). How will this affect people?

I use to usually make a decision on the Monday whether I'd try to get GA tickets that day, or wait and try my luck with the resale tickets. Now I suppose you'd have to make that same decision at the start of the season.

I'm in my eighth year now, I must be close to the front of the queue

Got an email from the club today saying that all general public tickets are going on sale 26 March, and all ITW resale tickets will be on sale the Monday two weeks before the game (which is when the public seats used to go on sale). How will this affect people?

I use to usually make a decision on the Monday whether I'd try to get GA tickets that day, or wait and try my luck with the resale tickets. Now I suppose you'd have to make that same decision at the start of the season.
What, do you mean the general public tickets for the whole season are going on sale on 26 March??

The eagles have realised that by halfway through the season they will struggle to sell the ga as wce will be in the bottom 4.

Clever idea

**** in the Wings. They can suck me.

I'll move to Melbourne and watch all the games every fortnight or so before I get an actual Perth seat.

Have to say, living in Melbourne and going to WCE games here is absolute bliss.

Can always get to a game (even at the last minute)
Passionate, knowledgable & loud fellow WCE supporters (average age would be 20-25 years younger than Subi)
Great food & booze options
Clean facilities
Excellent seats
Great transport to & from ground

The list goes on...

Sorry to rub it in folks. ;)

I re-joined in 2008, still have quite a few more years to go! If you got in after 2006, it made a big difference, a few thousand joined the waiting list each year and I think due to the low cost most have stayed on.

Not that I am complaining, I wouldn't want it to come through right now. I'm only paying as it is such a low cost and to keep my place for in a few years.
This is about the same as me, I can't recall if i signed up in late 2008 or early 2009. Happy to pay the $60 to keep my spot and think a seat will be pretty much guaranteed come the new ground at Burswood. I actually don't think I'd take up a seat at Subi if offered in 2016 and 2017 as i hate that shithole of a stadium.

Passionate, knowledgable & loud fellow WCE supporters (average age would be 20-25 years younger than Subi)
Clean facilities
Excellent seats

The list goes on...

Strongly agree. When I lived in Tas, quite frequently popped up to Melbourne for a game. Best atmosphere. Subi is (mostly) full of antiquated baby boomers.

Clean facilities
Excellent seats

The list goes on...

Going with 10 peopld in june to see us play the Tigers so it is pretty east to get tickets?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would still be easy to walk up on the Friday night and purchase tickets? Or still best to purchase tickets online during the week.

I'd get them online early just in case. We went last year, and the year before, in 2013 a group of about 8 of us went to the Essendon Carlton game friday night, 80,000+ and were still able to just walk up to the ticket booth and get 8 seats all together, on the ground level, just behind the dugouts. So you should easily be able to just roll up and get GA tickets, but I guess it's just as easy these days to do it all online and save yourself the hassle of lining up, so either way really.

None of that was really helpful was it, I just went around in circles:D

Would still be easy to walk up on the Friday night and purchase tickets? Or still best to purchase tickets online during the week.

It definitely won't sell out, but you obviously get better choice of seats and some certainty with the advance purchase.

Just buy them in advance and then chill out in a bar beforehand necking some squirt. The Duke and Beer Deluxe are great pre-game options. Try to avoid Riverland as they gouge harder than a football team with a membership that exceeds available seats. Please avoid Transport and Young & Jackson otherwise you will be labelled a massive tourist.

Strongly agree. When I lived in Tas, quite frequently popped up to Melbourne for a game. Best atmosphere. Subi is (mostly) full of antiquated baby boomers.

I'm assuming the "antiquated baby boomers" comment is not meant as complimentary. Given that the club was formed in 1987 and many people, including me, became members as soon as we could it's only natural that a very successful club playing in a stadium that's been undersize for a couple of decades will end up having a large cohort of baby boomers as current members. Perhaps you'd like them to relinquish their memberships so that you (I'm asuming younger than a baby boomer) can feel more at home amongst a crowd more your age? Of course in 25 years time you'd do likewise, regardless of how the team is faring then?

Last edited:
I'm assuming the "antiquated baby boomers" comment is not meant as complimentary. Given that the club was formed in 1987 and many people, including me, became members as soon as we could it's only natural that a very successful club playing in a stadium that's been undersize for a couple of decades will having a large cohort of baby boomers as current members. Perhaps you'd like them to relinquish their memberships so that you (I'm asuming younger than a baby boomer) can feel more at home amongst a crowd more your age? Of course in 25 years time you'd do likewise, regardless of how the team is faring then?
If that age group didn't make it like a morgue when the side wasn't playing so well it would not be an issue. In short, the atmosphere sucks and it is not purely a baby boomers thing (hence the qualifier: 'antiquated'). Plenty go to Victorian games and make a helluva lot more noise.

Last year i went to:
Win as expected | Melbourne (MCG), St Kilda (Etihad)
Loss as expected, could have shown a lot more fight | Geelong (KP), Hawthorn (Aurora)
Infuriating loss when the game was in the bag | Carlton (Etihad) & Essendon (Etihad)
In the mix but hey - this is our bogey fixture | Collingwood (MCG)

So a pretty darn average year for a Vic-based supporter.

Hoping the smaller sample size in 2015 will bear tastier fruit than the bitter lemon of 2014!

If that age group didn't make it like a morgue when the side wasn't playing so well it would not be an issue. In short, the atmosphere sucks and it is not purely a baby boomers thing (hence the qualifier: 'antiquated'). Plenty go to Victorian games and make a helluva lot more noise.

I'm not sure how you think a few thousand at Victorian games make "a helluva lot more noise" than tens of thousands at Subi. Atmosphere is in large part due to the facility. Port couldn't get more than 2 men and a dog to Football Park/AAMI Stadium, even in their good times, but now they're packing out Adelaide Oval. Not sure if any of this was due to a culling of "antiquated baby boomers".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back