In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeeha, after 8 yrs waiting in the wings I got a full membership offer on Friday. Just have to hope I can get 2 seats reasonably close together during the allotted time without any online hiccups. Have to say previous experience makes me nervous.

If that age group didn't make it like a morgue when the side wasn't playing so well it would not be an issue. In short, the atmosphere sucks and it is not purely a baby boomers thing (hence the qualifier: 'antiquated'). Plenty go to Victorian games and make a helluva lot more noise.
I probably just sneak into the baby boomer demographic but I promise I'll be making more noise than a lot of the vegetables that go to Subi.

I probably just sneak into the baby boomer demographic but I promise I'll be making more noise than a lot of the vegetables that go to Subi.
Glad you saw my post for what it was... it's the vegetables that make it suck. One of the best pre-match/match days I've had was at Etihad and I hung out with a bunch of 50/60 somethings

Glad you saw my post for what it was... it's the vegetables that make it suck. One of the best pre-match/match days I've had was at Etihad and I hung out with a bunch of 50/60 somethings

Probably confirms what I was saying, it's not the baby boomers per se but the situation, ie the stadium and the circumstances (small group of opposition supporters clumped together will invariably make more noise per head than the same number in a crowd of like minded supporters, us against them mentality). A few more young ones at Subi may make it a bit noiser, but any yahoo can yell, you need to yell something worthwhile. I hope you aren't one of those who likes the constant "In the hole!!" chants you get watching golf from the US. Or likerwise think the shrieks when serving enhance women's tennis.

Probably confirms what I was saying, it's not the baby boomers per se but the situation, ie the stadium and the circumstances (small group of opposition supporters clumped together will invariably make more noise per head than the same number in a crowd of like minded supporters, us against them mentality). A few more young ones at Subi may make it a bit noiser, but any yahoo can yell, you need to yell something worthwhile. I hope you aren't one of those who likes the constant "In the hole!!" chants you get watching golf from the US. Or likerwise think the shrieks when serving enhance women's tennis.
I prefer to say "* Priddis is slow".

Yeeha, after 8 yrs waiting in the wings I got a full membership offer on Friday. Just have to hope I can get 2 seats reasonably close together during the allotted time without any online hiccups. Have to say previous experience makes me nervous.
I got mine mid-season in 2013 after being on the list since 2006. Initially had seats that were a bit apart (different rows and a couple across) but were able to sit together for every game anyway. Then in the off-season we got new seats next to each other for 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have two season tickets to sell for the season if anyone is interested. They are in bay 129 and 130. There are 6 or 7 seats between them. Worth $920 for the year for both but not after that much for them. PM me if interested.

Turns out it went pretty smoothly, got seats(premium, gulp) not too far apart. Shame I'm going away to work for 5 weeks the week footy starts.

So public-allocated tickets for all home games went on sale this morning...what a joke. The old system where they went on sale on the Monday ~2 weeks before the game was so much better.

Who the fk can be sure they are free of other commitments and can attend matches months in advance? Not to mention there would surely be some that can't afford to bulk buy tickets for the season ahead.

It's not even 2 hours since they went on sale and the majority of games are already sold out...no doubt mostly to scalpers.

So public-allocated tickets for all home games went on sale this morning...what a joke. The old system where they went on sale on the Monday ~2 weeks before the game was so much better.

Who the fk can be sure they are free of other commitments and can attend matches months in advance? Not to mention there would surely be some that can't afford to bulk buy tickets for the season ahead.

It's not even 2 hours since they went on sale and the majority of games are already sold out...no doubt mostly to scalpers.

Yep was fuming about it. I got tickets to the Carlton match pretty easy but i can not commit so far ahead in buying tickets to the other games so i guess we will see how hard it will be to get tickets to those games through the re-sale program.

It's not a bad idea. It's open so that they don't get affected by the weather. Also allows country members and fans to plan a trip to the big smoke.

WTF general admission in semi decent seats is 70 dollars per ******* ticket per person. plus a delivery charge on the ******* seats of about 7 dollars per ticket. so not including the derbys it would cost me over 1500 dollars just for home and away tickets for the season for me and the mrs. AFL have to be ******* joking.

Thread revival!!!!!

Any one have an idea on the waiting list? I just bought 4 in the wings memberships. Even though I am currently a full member. Forward planning I guess.

Thread revival!!!!!

Any one have an idea on the waiting list? I just bought 4 in the wings memberships. Even though I am currently a full member. Forward planning I guess.
Doesn't one ITW membership cover two adults and two children on the waiting list? Dad made that mistake the other day. Bought two even though he only needed one haha. :p

Once your In The Wings comes through you can buy a few full memberships off it. I assume there's a limit but I don't know how many. when mine came through in mid-2013 I got an adult and a junior membership off it. And of course the more you are trying to get the less chance you have of getting seats together. We initially had split seats (one row and a few seats across) and were then able to get two together at the beginning of last year. I was 7 years waiting, btw...

It all changes with the new stadium though, I assume a lot of In The Wings will get through with that, plus some Subiaco members who won't renew (hopefully from the "I never ever go to the footy but I'm keeping my membership because if you give it up you can't get it back" crew.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back