OFGFL Inaugural OFGFL Archives

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Chris Masten (WCE), Daniel Giansiracusa (WB)
OUT: Jack Redden (BL), Hayden Ballantyne (Fre)
cyc-png.27670

Final Official CYC Team Sheet for Season I

DEFENCE
1) Pearce Hanley.
2) Jed Adcock.
3) Jarryn Geary.
4) Cameron O'Shea.
5) Nick Vlastuin.
6) Dylan Roberton.
-------------------------
E1) Brent Staker.

MIDFIELD
1) Joel Selwood (C).
2) Scott Selwood (VC).
3) Kieren Jack.
4) Chris Masten.
5) Matthew Boyd.
-----------
E2) Jack Redden.

RUCKMAN
1) Jonathan Giles.
---------

FORWARDS
1) Drew Petrie.
2) David Hale.
3) Paul Chapman.
4) Andrew Walker.
5) Daniel Giansiracusa
6) Brendan Whitecross.
------------------
E3) Chris Dawes

Coaches pet Jack Redden has been omitted in favour of Chris Masten for this weeks Grand Final, whilst the injured Hayden Ballantyne is replaced in the line up by Bulldogs veteran Daniel Giansiracusa. Should we win the premiership this weekend, there will be a range of unlikely OFGFL stars and premiership players who aren't known DT stars, such as St Kilda duo Dylan Roberton and Jarryn Geary, Port youngster Cam O'Shea, 'Dogs veteran Daniel Giansiracusa, and ruckmen David Hale and Jonathan Giles.

The results are as follows (in spoiler form for added suspense)...

Rich (BB code):
      Fitzroy Bulldogs | Cape York Caterpillars
                   DEF | DEF             
  89 -      G.Birchall | P.Hanley       - 71
 106 -      S.Dempster | J.Adcock       - 98
  37 -         C.Dixon | J.Geary        - 123
  57 -        D.Pearce | C.O'Shea       - 79
 143 -         B.Ellis | N.Vlastuin     - 70
 DNP -       H.O'Brien | D.Roberton     - 51
                   EMG | EMG             
  23 -        B.Jacobs | B.Staker       - 35
                       |
 455 -       DEF TOTAL | DEF TOTAL      - 492
Very close between both defenses... Shame that Harry-O was a late withdrawal, or else the Bulldogs would've won this area of the game. Brilliant scores from Ellis and Dempster for the 'Doggies, whilst Adcock and the resurgent Geary played blinders for the Caterpillars.
Rich (BB code):
                   MID | MID             
*148 -    (C) J.Watson | J.Selwood (C)  - *194
  97 -        B.Sewell | S.Selwood (VC) - 122
 109 -       H.Bennell | K.Jack         - 98
  74 -     D.Zaharakis | C.Masten       - 62
 100 -     N.Dal Santo | M.Boyd         - 129
                   EMG | EMG             
  62 -      D.Armitage | J.Redden       - 99
                       |
 528 -       MID TOTAL | MID TOTAL      - 605
Both captains were quite down on their recent form, especially 'Doggies captain in Jobe Watson... He obviously didn't come to play! Kudos to Scooter and Boyd on terrific scores. The Caterpillars gain the ascendency at the present.
Rich (BB code):
                  RUCK | RUCK            
  95 -      J.Roughead | J.Giles        - 89
                       |
  95 -      RUCK TOTAL | RUCK TOTAL     - 89
Close scores indeed. The 'Doggies ruck would've scored better had Roughie converted better than his measly 4.3...
Rich (BB code):
                   FWD | FWD             
  83 -         S.Dwyer | D.Petrie       - 118
  75 -      A.Monfries | D.Hale         - 85
 DNP -          R.Gray | P.Chapman      - 95
  77 -      L.Dahlhaus | A.Walker       - 102
  86 -       P.Puopolo | D.Giansiracusa - 72
 120 - (VC) N.Riewoldt | B.Whitecross   - 65
                   EMG | EMG             
  32 -          J.Hill | C.Dawes        - DNP
                       |
 473 -       FWD TOTAL | FWD TOTAL      - 537
And the cream of the crop rose to the top. The hypothetical 'what if' will be playing throughout as Robbie Gray was a late withdrawal... A comprehensive win in the forward area from the men from Cape York.
Rich (BB code):
1551 -           TOTAL | TOTAL          - 1723
And there you have it! Congratulations to Karnezis_13 and the Cape York Caterpillars on winning the INAUGURAL OFGFL PREMIERSHIP SHIELD!

Commiserations to the fitzroybulldog led Fitzroy Bulldogs, who came up short in the end.

The final scoreline read as follows: FB - 1551 wdb CYC - 1723. 172 points was the final deficit in favour of the Caterpillars.

And that is the inaugural OFGFL Season done and dusted! We hope you come back for more next season!
2wmjrid.jpg

20aao1h.jpg

Brilliant job Karnezis_13 :D:thumbsu::rainbow:

Worthy winner of the inaugral OFGFL season. Just shows that you should never give up. Was written off by many after the atrocious start, but have since come back roaring.

Bad luck fitzroybulldog , incredible after inheriting a list and not looking like finals contenders. Shame the spot you took was mine............. But in all, a success story!!! :p

Hope to y'all next year!

Congratulations to Karnezis_13 a well deserved champion.

I would like to thank all that contributed to this league and its adminsitrators, also those who joined and made a great effort mid season.

Also i would like to thank Gary ablett Junior for picking the week after i was knocked out to pull a 150-170 score and break his score slump.....

Congratulations to Karnezis_13 a well deserved champion.

I would like to thank all that contributed to this league and its adminsitrators, also those who joined and made a great effort mid season.

Also i would like to thank Gary ablett Junior for picking the week after i was knocked out to pull a 150-170 score and break his score slump.....
And Leigh Montagna. 189 :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Karnezis_13 and your CYC. Fantastic Job, what a great year. Far superior on the day. you will go down in history, whilst I, will disappear without a trace.

Harry O and Robbie Gray, you better have an effing good explanation for your absence
If those two played, you would've won imo.

Shame.

We should probably just end the whole OFGFL here so I am the eternal reigning premier. Go me, woo. Oh and good job to all the other guys, and especially that fitzroybulldog guy, and that BoshtrichBurger guy for running all the stuff with that DeeWong6996 guy. Yeah.

xilCM.gif

AND THE WINNER IS........

Congratulations to JOBE WATSON, the inaugural winner of the Boyd/Grant Medal for the Best and Fairest at the Fitzroy Bulldogs. The Boyd/Grant Medal is a just reward for a player whose tireless efforts throughout the season was key in the Fitzroy Bulldogs surprise Grand Final appearance. Watson, 41 votes, polled votes in an outstanding 12 out of a possible 16 games, whilst also missing 4 through his mysterious decision to trek to the north pole during the season. Watson's victory was never in doubt, after taking the lead in Round 8 from 'Hospital' Birchall, who burst out of the blocks with 15 votes in the first 4 Rounds, Watson's steady stream of votes meant that he was always well clear of the chasing pack. Coming in second, 10 behind Watson, is the Fitzroy Bulldogs go to forward, Nick Riewoldt, 31 votes, who only decided to join the club in Round 5, after he was promised a trip on a hovercraft and a Pollywaffle. Rounding out the top 3 is Harry O'Brien, 24 votes, who was not actually present at the awards ceremony, and has been missing since before the grand final. He is presumed dead bored.
In a surprising turn of events Hamish McIntosh turned up for the awards night, the first time he has actually been seen all year.

Leaderboard
41 - J.Watson (Boyd/Grant Medallist)
31 - N.Riewoldt (Bunton/Whitten Pewter Muggist)
24 - H.O'Brien (Whieldon/Del Ray Stubber Holderist)
23 - N.Dal Santo
22 - J.Roughead
16 - M.Johnson
15 - G.Birchall, D.Pearce

CAPE YORK OFFICIAL AWARDS NIGHT
After a great night up at Croissant Park enjoyed by all the players, these were our major award winners.

CYC BEST AND FAIREST WINNER - Joel Selwood
CYC BEST AND FAIREST RUNNER UP - Scott Selwood
CYC BEST AND FAIREST THIRD PLACE - Pearce Hanley
CYC BEST CLUBMAN AWARD - Chris Masten
CYC LEADING GOALKICKER AWARD - Drew Petrie
CYC MOST IMPROVED - Dylan Roberton
CYC BEST FIRST YEAR PLAYER - Nick Vlastuin
CYC COACHES AWARD FOR CONSISTENCY - Kieren Jack

Congratulations award winners.

have we still got the Player of the year thing going on, as voted by the coaches?
Don't think so. Not all coaches (including myself) constantly voted each round.

Maybe next season I'll put in place a POTY award. There's plenty of things to add/minus from this league that I'll dissect along with DeeWong6996.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back