Independent Senator Nick Xenophon to launch new national political party

Remove this Banner Ad

raghav

All Australian
Sep 18, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide

When will he go Malaysia and try another political stunt? He proved political stunts in Islamic countries work well.

Once had some time for dear old Nick. Now see him as little more than a populist.
Yep, me too. Emailed his office re gaming shops (legal) that kids go to and said he only looks after SA.
Told to contact Vic state gov. which I did, Libs did nothing, will try again with Labor.
He seems to be a big noter only when he can't change things.

Yep, me too. Emailed his office re gaming shops (legal) that kids go to and said he only looks after SA.
Told to contact Vic state gov. which I did, Libs did nothing, will try again with Labor.
He seems to be a big noter only when he can't change things.

SA is his constituency.

I doubt his party would get too much of the vote.

He's promised to direct preferences against the Liberals in South Australia if ASC doesn't get the submarines contract, so at least he could make it easier to topple Pyne & Southcott.

When will he go Malaysia and try another political stunt? He proved political stunts in Islamic countries work well.
Malaysia eh? That's the country where if you are of Chinese or Indian extraction you are a second class citizen in your own country. Xenophon's criticism of their system was right on the money. If you're not a Muslim in Malaysia you're not on an equal footing.

Last edited:
SA is his constituency.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

However if a Senator or an MP of a state takes on a cause that is of a national nature and speaks on that, why not consider an example from another state that will support his stance?

When he speaks about gambling problems, I don't think it is only gambling in SA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can throw up a candidate in WA I would give serious consideration to supporting him or her.

He announced the candidates tonight

Michael Tarver looks most likely to succeed.

NXT is a pretty clever acronym. Obviously took some tips from what happened to PUP, although the media will probably still pronounce it N-X-T if the part doesn't refer to it as 'Next'.

NXT is a pretty clever acronym. Obviously took some tips from what happened to PUP, although the media will probably still pronounce it N-X-T if the part doesn't refer to it as 'Next'.
Titleist Golf will probably end up suing him or forcing him too abandon NXT as the name of his party.

Still happening, my earlier call beginning to look foolish.

Galaxy poll earlier in the week had Xenophon poaching 24% in an SA state election (Labor: 28, Libs: 33). Morgan had one a few days before that (also state-level) with him at 20.5%.

The last two Morgan polls federally have had him at 15.0% & 22.5% in SA (very small sample sizes though, hence the big change.)

He's very much a protest vote though. If Turnbull can hold his popularity until the next election (unlikely imo), the Libs might ward off any threat.

Still happening, my earlier call beginning to look foolish.

Galaxy poll earlier in the week had Xenophon poaching 24% in an SA state election (Labor: 28, Libs: 33). Morgan had one a few days before that (also state-level) with him at 20.5%.

The last two Morgan polls federally have had him at 15.0% & 22.5% in SA (very small sample sizes though, hence the big change.)

He's very much a protest vote though. If Turnbull can hold his popularity until the next election (unlikely imo), the Libs might ward off any threat.
Really like your post on polls, thank you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back