India v South Africa - 3 T20s, 5 ODIs, 4 Tests

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what everyone prefers? A pitch where theres something in it with the new ball then spins when the pitch is worn. Everyones a chance and makes the game a even contest.

These pitches India produce are just taking the piss out of the rest of the cricket world.
Its called "test" cricket for a reason

Lets just all play on one nuetral venue then

No, India just have to conform with the rest of the test playing nations and provide Test standard pitches not doctored pitches to suit the home side.

No, India just have to conform with the rest of the test playing nations and provide Test standard pitches not doctored pitches to suit the home side.
Yeah agree
And they have too many bugs too, and its too hot
England rains too much and it swings too much
Its too loud in the west Indies with all that music
Too many palm trees in Sri Lanka, coconuts everywhere
As for Sth africa, too many fast bowlers, should be more spin in the pitch to suit their crappy spinners:D:D;)

Yeah agree
And they have too many bugs too, and its too hot
England rains too much and it swings too much
Its too loud in the west Indies with all that music
Too many palm trees in Sri Lanka, coconuts everywhere
As for Sth africa, too many fast bowlers, should be more spin in the pitch to suit their crappy spinners:D:D;)

Keep making excuses for them but in the end theres one word and its cheating.

So 4 wickets in an innings (with multiple dropped chances as well) is nullified...but 39 runs for a great batsman is a fantastic return? :drunk:

When did I say it was fantastic?

Do you disagree that it's much more difficult for a good bowler to get wickets on an unhelpful pitch than it is for a good batsman to score runs on a difficult pitch?

Oh and btw how bad was the Adelaide pitch. No total over 250 and the match total without looking at actual numbers was about a 150 runs more than the third Ind/SA test. Diabolical!

Last edited:
So every country cheats as they have players suited to their home conditions??
Ok mate

No other country cheats like India for a whole series. They produce pitches that make pace bowlers non requirements.

When did I say it was fantastic?

Do you disagree that it's much more difficult for a good bowler to get wickets on an unhelpful pitch than it is for a good batsman to score runs on a difficult pitch?
Yes, that was indeed my point. In that 4/130 odd from Starc (which could have been 6), shows it is just as easy for him to get wicket on this unresponsive pitch as it was for Faf to score 39 runs
Oh and btw how bad was the Adelaide pitch. No total over 250 and the match total without looking at actual numbers was about a 150 runs more than the third Ind/SA test. Diabolical!
1. That is about 25% more runs scored
2. You didn't really get the point of that article, did you?

Yes, that was indeed my point. In that 4/130 odd from Starc (which could have been 6), shows it is just as easy for him to get wicket on this unresponsive pitch as it was for Faf to score 39 runs

So, Starc in the form of his life gets a decent return of 4/130. Faf and Amla both having ridiculously poor series (Faf didnt even score more than single digits IIRC in the prior 4 innings) and they still managed to score 39 runs on a "diabolical" pitch. Yep, just the same...

The Perth test proved its a lot more difficult for bowlers to overcome a road. That's why it wasn't a contest. You will find several examples like that littered throughout history.

1. That is about 25% more runs scored
2. You didn't really get the point of that article, did you?

All well and good to produce %'s without context. It's not that difficult to score 25% more runs than the totals that came from this test. In saying that, I wasn't actually being serious. Still funny how Baz reckons there should still have been less grass on the wicket. Proves what I've been saying about how batsmen around the world have been spoon fed for a few years now. They make pitches look a lot worse than they are. And that is something that article didn't discuss at all. Hardly a balanced perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All well and good to produce %'s without context. It's not that difficult to score 25% more runs than the totals that came from this test. In saying that, I wasn't actually being serious. Still funny how Baz reckons there should still have been less grass on the wicket. Proves what I've been saying about how batsmen around the world have been spoon fed for a few years now. They make pitches look a lot worse than they are. And that is something that article didn't discuss at all. Hardly a balanced perspective.
Pitch should've had a little less grass on it ideally. Not a huge deal but a pitch should start to flatten out says 2/3.

So, Starc in the form of his life gets a decent return of 4/130. Faf and Amla both having ridiculously poor series (Faf didnt even score more than single digits IIRC in the prior 4 innings) and they still managed to score 39 runs on a "diabolical" pitch. Yep, just the same...

The Perth test proved its a lot more difficult for bowlers to overcome a road. That's why it wasn't a contest. You will find several examples like that littered throughout history.
From both teams there was not one person who scored more than 40. You think that shows it's possible to score runs on a bad pitch, more than 4/130 (with multiple other chances) shows it's possible to take wickets on a road. Not really sure how I can argue against that logic...
Not even 1 fifty in the match. That is a TERRIBLE return for batsmen.

So the Nagpur pitch has officially been labelled "poor" by the match referee. I've taken the below from cricinfo in relation to what is considered a poor pitch from the ICC:

The ICC's pitch and outfield monitoring process in 2010 states that a pitch is said to be poor if it any of the following apply:
  • The pitch offers excessive seam movement at any stage of the match
  • The pitch displays excessive unevenness of bounce for any bowler at any stage of the match
  • The pitch offers excessive assistance to spin bowlers, especially early in the match
  • The pitch displays little or no seam movement or turn at any stage in the match together with no significant bounce or carry, thereby depriving the bowlers of a fair contest between bat and ball.

On that basis it probably should be considered poor but there certainly should have been other pitches labelled poor especially under the last point.

This mentality is coming from the rhetoric in the AUS media. This obsession with making "doctoring" accusations..
Might be because the AUS team only ever look good on flat wickets.

Man what is with the Indian's obsession with their sportsman? They are verbally masterbating over Sehwag right now. I don't mind praising a star of the game but this is ridiculous.

Man what is with the Indian's obsession with their sportsman? They are verbally masterbating over Sehwag right now. I don't mind praising a star of the game but this is ridiculous.
Not a lot else going on, so most obsess over cricket and treat guys like Sehwag and Tendulkar God's
Some of the Indian fans on twitter can be pretty cringey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back