Indian Tour of England 2014 (On Fox Sports)

Remove this Banner Ad

Staggering. I don't know how much of this is linger aftershocks of That Ashes Campaign, how much is all to do with England, and how much is India, but the fate of the English cricket team over the last several months is surely one of the most amazing falls from grace since Wayne Carey picked the wrong toilet to walk into.

doesn't help they booted out a guy who basically averages 100 a test (KP) for a guy who can't buy a run (Stokes)

xaQiO8p.jpg

I love it when England lose

It just makes the coffee or beer taste better

Or the sun shine brighter or feels warmer

Everything is just better when they lose ....to anyone .....

I'm staggered ...I,would still have Kevin Pieterson in that side

What was the Watto incident again ?

In some castle in Durham masquerading as a hotel, he had to go and sleep on the floor of someone else's room - can't remember who - as he got creeped out by things that go bump in the night.

While the commentators did have a field day, to be fair, Botham said that exactly the same thing happened at the same place to his son.

Edit: Just read the Mail report and it was Brett Lee who was honoured with Watto snoring on his floor.

In some castle in Durham masquerading as a hotel, he had to go and sleep on the floor of someone else's room - can't remember who - as he got creeped out by things that go bump in the night.

While the commentators did have a field day, to be fair, Botham said that exactly the same thing happened at the same place to his son.

Edit: Just read the Mail report and it was Brett Lee who was honoured with Watto snoring on his floor.

Led to this

The Poms need more players like Gough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers... I remembered Watto getting some flak but couldn't remember what for

I love it when England lose

It just makes the coffee or beer taste better

Or the sun shine brighter or feels warmer

Everything is just better when they lose ....to anyone .....

I'm staggered ...I,would still have Kevin Pieterson in that side
Things are going so badly for England, that Ian Botham will only predict a 4-1 Ashes series win next year, instead of 5-0 :)

Squad announced for next Test, Butler for Prior - nothing else. This is great news from an Australian point of view, the old English mentality is prevailing. Long may it continue.

That only two changes may happen (Prior and possibly Stokes) isn't really a surprise or even a mistake though.

I mean, it's not exactly like England haven't turned over players. A team that was once made up of basically senior players and which struggled massively to replace retired/injured players (think their struggle to replace Collingwood, their revolving third seamer door and then replacing Strauss) have now turned over 5 of the 9 players to play in all 5 Ashes' test last summer (with Root also being dropped and then moved since then).

There's obviously some irony on how England have gone from a team that wins, but can't introduce new players into the team, to a team that loses, with their senior players to blame for it, but with that senior core now down to 4 players (Cook/Bell/Anderson/Broad), it should hardly come as a surprise England aren't in a rush to move them on, particularly when they've already picked so many of the depth options they would have had confidence in. With England not having another test series until April, there's an argument to be made for simply consolidating their massive team turnaround, and letting the long off-season potentially sort things out.

lol Bret lee..it was considerably hilarious the ghost attires at the ground ..both blondes to boot. Stu Broad definitely will get some flack from curry ghosts..

Squad announced for next Test, Butler for Prior - nothing else. This is great news from an Australian point of view, the old English mentality is prevailing. Long may it continue.

Wasn't the old English attitude of picking everyone with a passport? I seem to recall them picking 29 players in one Ashes series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back