Indian Tour of England 2014 (On Fox Sports)

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Vaughan claims Flower is still pulling the strings at the ECB. Finn had some kind of bust up on the AUS tour and has been ignored since ,despite playing well in county games.

Onions , Finn, Tymal Mills,etc... are players who should be considered .
Onions has only played one first class game since the middle of May, Mills was dropped to Essex 2nds last week and Finn is still having huge problems with his control.

They are really lacking depth with their bowling. Almost forced to playing bowling all-rounders who's bowling overall isn't test standard (Stokes, Woakes etc.)

Lead of 239 on first innings, and surprise, surprise, Cook doesn't enforce the follow-on. Do they want to win or not?? :confused: They've only been out there for 20 minutes, ball is swinging. Madness.
No captain would send India back in and nor should they. Bat 45-50 overs, set 420 leaving about 140 overs to skittle them.

Freshen the bowlers up a bit also.

No captain would send India back in and nor should they. Bat 45-50 overs, set 420 leaving about 140 overs to skittle them.

Freshen the bowlers up a bit also.
Sorry cannot agree, if you want to give yourself the best chance of winning you have to take ten wickets - freshen the bowlers up - the've bowled 8 overs after resting all night - Poms haven't won a test for a long time, Cook is obviously content for it to be a bit longer.

Sorry cannot agree, if you want to give yourself the best chance of winning you have to take ten wickets - freshen the bowlers up - the've bowled 8 overs after resting all night - Poms haven't won a test for a long time, Cook is obviously content for it to be a bit longer.

Cook bottles it again.
The bowlers are rested ,but he doesnt enforce the follow on. No doubt he will want some ridiculous lead which will allow India to dig in for a draw..

Should've sent them straight back in, ball is moving out there. A chance for Cook to be aggressive for once and to improve his captaincy credentials, but instead he lets it go by the wayside. Draw the prediction now.

Onions has only played one first class game since the middle of May, Mills was dropped to Essex 2nds last week and Finn is still having huge problems with his control.

They are really lacking depth with their bowling. Almost forced to playing bowling all-rounders who's bowling overall isn't test standard (Stokes, Woakes etc.)

Mills has been injured in the last month and prob played in the 2nd team for fitness. Finny is taking wickets and leaking afew runs ,like he always has. I still think he is worth the risk over some crap like Woakes.

Sir Geoffrey going off on TMS

they could bat for 50 overs and get a lead of 400 if they score 3 runs/over. but i don't think cook is the type to declare leaving 400 in 4 sessions. is more likely to want to bat india completely out of it before declaration.
would have less of an issue with going back in to bat if they force the issue a bit, but i can see them plodding along to a 400 lead.

they could bat for 50 overs and get a lead of 400 if they score 3 runs/over. but i don't think cook is the type to declare leaving 400 in 4 sessions. is more likely to want to bat india completely out of it before declaration.
would have less of an issue with going back in to bat if they force the issue a bit, but i can see them plodding along to a 400 lead.
It's a long time since they won a game - the decision not to enforce the follow on is so negative, if you want to give yourself the best chance of winning you've got to be prepared to give a bit and take the ten wickets first. A very English decision and one representative of the crew in charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Erasmus, what a terrible decision. Can always tell when they quickly put the finger up then get it back down in a flash, they're having a massive guess based on the appeal.

Ballance looks to be an excellent player. Not sure how old he is, but the Poms may have found a number 3 for at least the next 5 years.

Can't blame him for leaving Zimbabwe but in a hypothetical perfect world it would have been great if he played for the Zimbos

Ballance looks to be an excellent player. Not sure how old he is, but the Poms may have found a number 3 for at least the next 5 years.
He's only 24. Really impressed already, was disappointed he couldn't bat on for a bit in Sydney earlier this year.

Although I lean towards having it I don't really care that much if cricket has DRS or not but it's absolute bullshit that India even have any say in how Test matches are officiated at all.

No country would have a say if the ICC was a very different organization. I've got to the point where I try not to think about the ICC too much as the way cricket is run is so embarrassing.

Although I lean towards having it I don't really care that much if cricket has DRS or not but it's absolute bullshit that India even have any say in how Test matches are officiated at all.
Why do you think many believe that ICC stands for India Controls Cricket? :)

lol Erasmus, what a terrible decision. Can always tell when they quickly put the finger up then get it back down in a flash, they're having a massive guess based on the appeal.
I wanted to become a cricket umpire..........unfortunately I passed the eye test :)

you could literally abolish the ICC and nothing would really change in terms of the actual running of the game.

The only thing that would change is that India had to approve everything for it to get the go ahead.............oh wait :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back