Indian Tour of England 2014 (On Fox Sports)

Remove this Banner Ad

are you telling me Harris is ruled out ? have I missed something ?

I have no idea what wickets will be prepared to be honest. Just guessing !! haha

No, but it's a long way away yet and he's recovering very slowly from his surgery. I'm not counting on him being there till I know he's on the plane... and not as bowling coach either.

Fro all the talk of how dodgy harris is i back him to be fit over any of the under 30 bowlers we have.

Harris just played 12 consecutive tests(and was fit and available for the first test in england but was oddly left out for starc) i don't see many of our younger guys being fit for 5 tests in a row let alone 12.

in other news , Flintoff turned out for Lancashire in the T20 final last night. Still looks decent despite years of being out of action.

Bristol ODI rained off. With the forecast I can see the entire series getting washed out . Shame seeing as Hales was picked to play .

No, I wouldn't say that, I don't know many cricket fans here but the ones that I do know think they are still pretty stuffed. There is never any real positivity about their chances in one day cricket over here, Swann actually sounded like an English cricket fan in what he's been saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the mood like in England?

Do they think everything is fixed now?

Reading the comments on the cricket section of the Guardian website is an interesting exercise. As Doodlesweaver said - a very pessimistic bunch although they are quite excited about Butler. I think they should be pretty pleased with the way Ballance and Moeen are tracking at the moment though.

They've always been a very mediocre ODI side throughout my lifetime and last night epitomised that.

I like Aggers as a commentator a lot, but sometimes you can't help but think he's far too close to the players to make proper judgements on them. Perhaps he too kindly a man which is to his credit, only doesn't always work for analysis.

I like Aggers as a commentator a lot, but sometimes you can't help but think he's far too close to the players to make proper judgements on them. Perhaps he too kindly a man which is to his credit, only doesn't always work for analysis.
Yep but he's contrasted with Sir Geoffrey and Vaughan who call a spade a spade and Tuffnell who is freaking awesome because he is just out there.

Yep but he's contrasted with Sir Geoffrey and Vaughan who call a spade a spade and Tuffnell who is freaking awesome because he is just out there.

Yes, perhaps it is just that he and Simon Mann are a bit too nice when they are on too close together. I'm a great fan of TMS generally. Rather listen to them commentate than any other team in the world.

As Vaughan says in a recent article , Cook needs to be removed as ODI captain. All the attacking talent is being stymied by his woeful tactics..
We're basically just aiming for 220 totals ,then the opposition comes in smashes the total in 30 overs .

As Vaughan says in a recent article , Cook needs to be removed as ODI captain. All the attacking talent is being stymied by his woeful tactics..
We're basically just aiming for 220 totals ,then the opposition comes in smashes the total in 30 overs .

I don't think they are now. I suspect they'd love to get at least 280 every time they go out, they just load the team with players who can't achieve that as a group. Having Hales, Ali and Morgan in the top 6 should be a move in the right direction once Hales and Ali have a bit more experience of the international game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back