Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Remove this Banner Ad

With the 2013 draft close at hand, what position do you think the Colts should draft with their first round pick? Personally i'd love for them to get a WR to eventually replace Reggie Wayne and spend the next 10+ years receiving throws from Luck, but we do need to address our defense.

With the 2013 draft close at hand, what position do you think the Colts should draft with their first round pick? Personally i'd love for them to get a WR to eventually replace Reggie Wayne and spend the next 10+ years receiving throws from Luck, but we do need to address our defense.

War Room discussion

The scribes eyeing off Keenan Lewis from California although LB's like Werner or Te'O are likely possibilities.

Typical indianapolis idiots voting for Te'o

I think that's a good sign if you don't want him as the case is... the more the fans want him.. the club won't take him. Seems to be a overrated first round choice. But like anything in any draft... first round BUSTS are common.

I think that's a good sign if you don't want him as the case is... the more the fans want him.. the club won't take him. Seems to be a overrated first round choice. But like anything in any draft... first round BUSTS are common.
Yep - He'll get overdrafted in the first, despite being a second round talent, and then get lambasted for being a first round pick...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - He'll get overdrafted in the first, despite being a second round talent, and then get lambasted for being a first round pick...

I'd love to see the Steelers snaffle him.. ;) btw.. Bengals & James Harrison are talking..

With the 24th pick the Indianapolis Colts select Bjoern Werner, DE. What do you all think about us acquiring him? :)

With the 24th pick the Indianapolis Colts select Bjoern Werner, DE. What do you all think about us acquiring him? :)
Quite happy, I don't know a lot about him, but Grigs and Pags both rated him very high and was the player they wanted and I have massive faith in them, will play as OLB and we have a need for pass rush.

Quite happy, I don't know a lot about him, but Grigs and Pags both rated him very high and was the player they wanted and I have massive faith in them, will play as OLB and we have a need for pass rush.

Yeah i trust Grigson and Pagano on this pick. There's a little bit of info in Werner here.

Hugh Thornton brings sad, unique story to Colts

350x-112.jpg

As this year’s rookies make their debuts in T-shirt-and-shorts workouts throughout the NFL, few have stories as compelling as Colts offensive lineman Hugh Thornton.

Thornton, a third-round pick from Illinois, was living in Jamaica nine years ago when his mother and sister were murdered.

I was 12. It was January 2, 2004. I was sleeping down stairs,” Thornton recently said, via KTVB.com. “My mom and my sister were upstairs. I heard my aunt scream. I went to see what had happened and I walked in the room and my mom was tied to the bed and had been murdered and my sister was on the floor.”

“It was an ex-boyfriend of my moms and they had split. He went back to propose, she said no and the situation was he was kind of living off of my mom — didn’t work a job or anything like that. So, once all that was taken away when they split, he kind of had resentment and came back with vengeance and the intent to kill.”

Amazingly, the charges against the man eventually were dropped.

“They tried him and it went to trial, but because the way the Jamaica government works, it’s very lenient towards Jamaican nationals in cases against non-Jamaica nationals,” Thornton said. “It’s a little bit corrupt in that sense.”

This weekend, Thornton officially began his NFL journey.

“It was awesome,” Thornton said of his rookie minicamp, in comments distributed by the team. “I had a lot of fun out there, learned a lot of stuff. That’s one thing you realize, the change from college to the pros playbook is deep. There are a lot of things that go into it. You have a lot of checks. It’s been interesting. It’s been fun. I’m excited to meet the veterans and go from there.”

Thornton, a versatile player in college, is expected to play right guard for the Colts.

“If you start moving those guys around, you aren’t going to see the process if you move them from right to left,” coach Chuck Pagano said. “I know he’s played a bunch of spots and can play outside, but we are going to let him settle in there and get comfortable, learn everything and then go from there. He had a good camp, did a nice job.”

We hope he continues to do a nice job, and more, for the Colts.

Hugh Thornton majored in Sociology which is quite ironic given that he's lived a turbulent life of adversity already. Must be of a sound mind considering his father gave him a severe hiding. More about the HUGH THORNTON story.

0809_SPOR_37Media_Day.jpg

Wouldn't surprise if he makes it ALL-PRO within three years. Could well be a third round steal. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back