Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was a colts fan (shudder) I'd get a Reggie Wayne one. Absolute legend.
It depends. He's a legend and future HoF'er. No doubt. However as a new fan to the sport, would you recommend a jersey for a player likely to retire at the end of the current season? Or would it be better to recommend the jersey of a guy who's likely to be our franchise QB for many years to come?

It depends. He's a legend and future HoF'er. No doubt. However as a new fan to the sport, would you recommend a jersey for a player likely to retire at the end of the current season? Or would it be better to recommend the jersey of a guy who's likely to be our franchise QB for many years to come?
I always say to fellow raiders fans to always buy jerseys of famous players as theyll never go out of style, etc. Whereas most fans have the desire to buy a rookie jersey or a player a few years into their contract. But what happens? They get traded to another team, they get released, etc. And the rookies often bust. So many raider fans having to burn their jerseys or take it to a place that redoes the names and number.

I guess that's raider fans plight after decades of busted drafted picks.

I always say to fellow raiders fans to always buy jerseys of famous players as theyll never go out of style, etc.

How do you cope with fans who wear those throwback jerseys of famous players as it's clearly a 'fashion statement' as the big give away is that the fan wearing that throwback was clearly not born / way too young to see that player play.. if that player isn't a SB winner.. all the better because the fan wearing the Raiders jersey… say Bo Jackson, wouldn't be jumping on a bandwagon and may well be a Chicago White Sox fan where Bo was quite the player.

As for Andrew Luck.. I agree with Shupe.. solid choice. I believe so is owning a Dwight Freeney jersey.. ;)

Throwbacks is the better idea imo. Doesn't matter if the person is a legit or not fan, the mere jersey itself will never go out of style.

Also, raiders jersey never changed which helps keep the look relevant.

But also better throwbacks of teams who have changed their uni a lot. Like throwback Elway better than manning of 2014. The jersey look.

Carter predicts one-year suspension for Irsay
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2014, 8:17 AM EDT
jim-irsay-apstoryjuly-4.jpg
AP
At some point this week, the hammer could fall on Colts owner Jim Irsay, whose plea deal on DUI charges is expected to become official on Tuesday.

Prior reports suggested that Irsay could be suspended anywhere from six-to-eight games. On Tuesday morning, ESPN’s Cris Carter called his shot, predicting a one-year suspension and a heavy fine.

On the surface, Carter doesn’t know. At a deeper level, he’s got access to a small army of reporters and other analysts who collectively have a pretty good feeling regarding which way the proverbial wind is blowing.

A full year for Irsay would be a stunner. But it would show that Irsay has indeed been held to a higher standard than any player, since no player has ever been suspended for a year as a result of a DUI that didn’t result in death.

Still, the fine aspect will show whether, when it comes to the money lost, the league will treat an owner like a player. To be fair to a player in the same predicament, whatever Irsay makes from owning the team in a given year should be withheld. That number would likely be staggering — but it would be the appropriate simulation for a one-year loss of player income that, for the player and his family, is indeed staggering.

cant afford too many things to go wrong this season, if we make playoffs we will have deserved it.

So my PVR didn't record the game. I saw that it was a shocking first half... but can anyone shed some light on how they saw us go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4-2 good start to the season.
They had a tough schedule to start the season and accounted very well for themselves, even in those two opening losses. If only they had an actual every-down back, they'd be a scary side to play. It's all on Luck, but if he had a running back, they'd be a top 2 side in the NFL.

They had a tough schedule to start the season and accounted very well for themselves, even in those two opening losses. If only they had an actual every-down back, they'd be a scary side to play. It's all on Luck, but if he had a running back, they'd be a top 2 side in the NFL.
Bradshaw is good, T Rich has his moments and we are running the ball ok, I think it will be better when the o line is all fit. I think we can make a pretty good fist of this season, Luck and his receiving core are pretty top notch.

needed to beat the bengals well to give us confidence against the broncos.

oh and that TD throw by Luck in the 3rd quarter! :eek::cool::D

im only a newbie to nfl...can someone explain why we have to play denver next away as we finished on top? i dont understand tbe playoffs yet
You didn't finish on top

New England did

Denver finished second

You finished first in your division

im only a newbie to nfl...can someone explain why we have to play denver next away as we finished on top? i dont understand tbe playoffs yet

winning the division gives us a spot in the playoffs but Broncos and Patriots get home field advantage for second week with a better record then us in the conference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back