Media Individual Club Best and Fairest

We all know that the biggest award an individual can win in the SFA is Mobbs Medal EKA Runner Up their club Best and Fairest.

The point of this thread is to have a look at each clubs individual Best and Fairest and who may be leading after six rounds. That's right, in true SFA tradition I am already behind, but expect to the next installment to be on time (I'm not telling you when that is by the way). Clearly each team has thier own method to decide the Best and Fairest, therefore this may not even come close to some of the clubs Best and Fairest counts. However, for simplicity and uniformity, each game has been given a 5-4-3-2-1 vote count for each individual team.

Alberton Swamprats
As my votes actually count for something here and are done slightly different to a 5-4-3-2-1, I won’t go into too much detail. However it wouldn’t be a spoiler to say that skipper MannumPower is leading from the front and perianal vote getter and reigning Best and Fairest crazy_big_al is voting well.

Baghdad Bombers
The Bombers have been sharing the love around with potentially 5 separate players collecting the Best Player votes throughout the first six rounds. Despite not polling a top vote, Jimmy1992 could be leading the count after possibly collecting votes in 5 games on 13-15 votes. The other stand out performer who could expect the same amount of votes is sausageroll.

Dragons FFC
After six rounds, the Dragons were 4-2 and playing like a team as there was potentially 18 players who could have a vote to their name. Andonis1997 (11-13 votes) and b tron (10-12 votes) could be expected to lead at this early stage. While a host of big names in Ljp86, boncer34 and Danoz are only one or two big games away from improving on their 7-9 votes and taking the lead.

East Side Hawks
Perhaps a case of a lacking mid-field or just a very solid full-forward, but Tarkyn_24 should be comfortably leading the Hawks votes at the third mark of the season. Votes in 5 games should see Tarks on anywhere from 15 to 18 votes, while mr eagle to BOG’s should see him 2nd on 11-13 votes trailed by Itsmyshow on 9-11 votes after three solid games Rounds 3 to 5.

Fighting Furies
Stop the count now. The Furies may have been struggling, but that has not stopped Eagleoz83 from dominating their line up. It would be expected for eagle to vote in all 6 games, with up to three BOG’s possibly coming his way. His 21-23 votes towers overs the trailing flaps (10-12) and Grockadoc (9-12) although grockodoc is on a roll with most of his votes in Round’s 5 and 6.

Geelong Gumbies
Round 6. Gumbies are 4-2 and feature the three top possession getters in the league. Surprisingly, one of them – Mr Gor may not feature high in the Best and Fairest count. Another, in ruckman BoshtrichBurger, dominated the early rounds and could still hope for 12-14 votes by the sixth round. However, peterss who is led the league in possessions and being an umpires pet come Round Six should also be leading the Gumbies count. Despite being quiet off-field, the ex-Captain has left all his talking to the field and could possibly get votes in all of the first six games and could have as many as 20 votes.

Gold City Royals
A bit closer here for the Royals at the top as several players have had hot and cold streaks, possibly explaining the 2-4 win loss record. Tommycash was clearly the Royals best player in the first three rounds and could be on as many as 12 votes from that period. Marlowe has been hot and cold and hot and get be expected to be on anywhere from 10 to 13 votes. However after a slow start, MD has finally taken to being a Royal like a fish to the water and after three massive games in a row, he might hope to be on 15 or 16 votes.

Mount Buller Demons
Another potential Stop the Votes now scenario. Despite’s Danger in Texas being the best player of Rounds 4-6 and potentially being on 12-14 votes from those games, consistency should see lanky_wes on top. 3 BOG’s and maybe 6 lots of votes might see lanky already on 20-22 votes. With Eth possibly getting votes in four of the rounds should see him round out the top three with 10 votes.

Roys FFC
Five and One and sitting pretty at the top of the ladder with some of their big names firing as the votes have been generally shared around. However wmoore could find himself top of the pops at this time of the year with 13-15 votes with a couple of BOG’s. Maybe the moment when Broken 's mind started to stray towards the Las Vegas bears was round four. Up to that stage, the ex-skipper had polled in all three opening matches and could be on 8-10 votes. Throw a blanket over Reardo, royboy2 and fitzroybulldog on 7-9 votes for the league leaders.

West Coast Wonders
Clear domination by two players here, one of which could be embarrassing to the club. Leading the league in hit-outs, pantskyle should also expect to be leading the vote count on 18-20 after polling in every game. Hoping to counter his move to the Roys for a half-eaten block of cheese (or whatever the ‘trade’ of the week was) is also the blossoming midfield career of former point scorer DemonJim who could be on 15-17 votes. ClarkeM would hope to be in the 9-11 vote range at this stage of the season.

Actually that might have been at the Bombers in the JRR years (months? weeks?) where it was only me and High Ryder left after I softly and quietly informed him that his services were no longer required.

Don't you do it?

Its how I won the Hawks BnF one year. I just announced myself the winner and everyone agreed.

He has previously done it that way! :)

That's how he got made captain of the Wonders ;)
Duh. Nobody in their right mind would give him power.

Its why poor @croweater41 was forced to carry him.

BTW man you have the coolest name ever.

Hello hello hello? What do we have here? o_O
Don't worry man. Inside word has me currently infront of the count on 21 votes with Harvs languishing in second place on 14.

You're doing well on 3 though.

Duh. Nobody in their right mind would give him power.

Its why poor @croweater41 was forced to carry him.

BTW man you have the coolest name ever.

Hahaha I figured it was you who I woke up to with a friend request on Facebook :p

Cheers man.

Back