Media Individual Club Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Fighting Furies
I called for a stop to the count last time, due to Eagleoz83 's domination. Unfortunately for the Furies, Eagleoz83 took those words to heart and has not being seen in the votes since then, possibly surrendering his lead to the super consistent Wacky Tiger . Despite the possiblity of not collecting a 5 vote game, Wacky could see himself leading at this stage after collecting votes in 8 games, including 7 in a row to be on a total of 22-24 votes. Ruckman Claypigeon , would hope to see him self equal with the dormant Eagleoz83 on 21-23 votes. Truetiger has made a run with a few best on grounds, but I'm not sure if I can count his votes to the total. ;)

Yeah i dont think you can ;)

Unlike Tarkyn_24, cooney and tigland your efforts in front of goal seem to be less stand-outish. Perhaps better support from your midfield or maybe I'm just ignoring you. ;)

Much less stand-outish for the forward leading the Alfie for the last 8 or so rounds :p I think it may have changed this week though...

Or maybe its true and you just dont like me...WHY?!

As a member of the team selection committee, I am going to suggest we play MD in the back pocket for the remainder of the season, and Igloo in the reserves, thus ensuring my victory. Not quite a Gee Dub, but close. :)

As a member of the team selection committee, I am going to suggest we play MD in the back pocket for the remainder of the season, and Igloo in the reserves, thus ensuring my victory. Not quite a Gee Dub, but close. :)

Just appoint yourself as Overlord and declare that you can be only one.............. wait that's Highlander, just ask Wise Guy Sam nicely for a trophy.

Most of my games (bar this rounds anomaly) have been really average, not enough to score votes.

I'm the Joel Corey of the Demons.

Well, I must be the James Kelly then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly but that doesn't excuse this.

Maybe Eth 's thread got to his already oversized ego and this was his way of letting us bask in it's shadow.

Or maybe he is actually carrying the Royals on his metaphorical cross?

Maybe Eth 's thread got to his already oversized ego and this was his way of letting us bask in it's shadow.

Or maybe he is actually carrying the Royals on his metaphorical cross?
Does this mean Gary Ablett junior is overrated?

:confused:

MD - Son of God
Son of God - SoG
Aussie nickname conversion
SoG - Soggy

Everyone... I welcome you to the newly named Soggy

MD - Son of God
Son of God - SoG
Aussie nickname conversion
SoG - Soggy

Everyone... I welcome you to the newly named Soggy

I took a similar path when I referred to pantskyle as Sybil in the Dragons and Royals match thread. Sibling = Sybil, multiple personalities the clincher.

Make it stick.

Alberton Swamprats

My votes are in, MannumPower is adding these to his own and we'll be doing having our presentation night soon. So I won't go into the votes to much, as I've stated before but the following, in no particular order, should definitely be bringing a date to the Swamprats Night of nights.

crazy_big_al - Last years winner and perennial vote getter. He did lose his Ruck position half way the season, but still finished with 100 hit outs which was 8th in the competition overall. Masses of votes early in the season and over 300 possessions for the season could see the big man poll well.

Noobz0r - Played in every position it seemed, before settling on the ruck in the second half of the season. Leading the team in handballs and 3rd in the competition, noobz always found plenty of the ball. In one third of the Swamprats season he might be considered in the top three vote getters and will be one to watch.

MannumPower - Despite the overall results, MP played a great Captain's season, averaging over 20 possessions, 5 tackles, 2.5 frees for and 1 goal per game from the Ruck Rover position. Leading from the front, the league leader in kicks could find himself wearing the converted Toots Hibbert Medal.

spookism - Tackles. Umpires pet. Could these be enough to get me the Medal? Unlikely, but leading the Swamprats and being 3rd and 4th receptively in the leauge may lead to some bonus votes.

Schulzenfest - Gun full forward, did slow down a little later in the year but still managed 3.44 goals per game and finished 6th in the Alf Andrews

Fighting Furies

The Furies did not have a great season on the field, but they improved dramatically off it and will hope this leads to an improved S18 with what could be a larger competition. londontiger , one of the new recruits to the Furies joined after Round 10 and would lead the count for those final 8 Rounds with potentially getting major votes in 7 of his 8 matches. In this same period fumbler had an up and down second half as he made his charge for the Best and Fairest. He could potentially get 4 Best of Grounds and in the other games collect no votes at all, helping his chances was the fact he finished the season as the leading Fury possession getter. @eagleoz3 's sensation start to the season in which he was the runaway leader will count in his favour despite getting in the votes only twice after the first 6 rounds. Consistency is a key to all Best and Fairest winners and both Wacky Tiger and Claypigeon could expect to get votes in 9 or 10 matches each and will be right up there.

However, in what could be the first shock winner of a very tight count, Grockadoc , only 4th in the club for most disposals, might expect votes in 9 matches with 5 of them being in the top two.

Predicted Top 5
Grockadoc - 32 votes
eagleoz3 - 30 votes
Wacky Tiger - 27 votes
Claypigeon - 27 votes
fumbler - 27 votes

Nice work spook. Truetiger had a fairly solid season on the field too so I'd imagine he should be up and about there somewhere but if your talking consistency I reckon fumbler has it in the bag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back