Injury Injuries 2014 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something not to be underestimated is that Walters is a big-game player. He has shown he steps up to the occasion. Something we saw was so important on GF day, when most of the players had stage fright. Massive loss, to state the obvious.

Hopefully this gives someone like Crozier a good opportunity to string some games together. Simpson as well, but for some reason I think it is Crozier's time to shine, and Josh is more of a long term prospect. Though it is strange, I just checked their details and there is only 1 month and 1cm difference between them. I would have though Crozier was much older and taller.

I would have though Crozier was much older and taller.
He only looks taller because he spends 25% of the game 6 feet above the ground.

Quality replacements in the wings.Don't have the game-changing electricity and killer of Sonson at this stage but 2 blokes who have the skills,vision and commitment to step up.
We had to blood Sonny into the role and it's an exhaustingly difficult conundrum to have quality cover in every position,youngsters coming through all managed under the cap,and we're doing OK at it.

Something not to be underestimated is that Walters is a big-game player. He has shown he steps up to the occasion. Something we saw was so important on GF day, when most of the players had stage fright. Massive loss, to state the obvious.

Hopefully this gives someone like Crozier a good opportunity to string some games together. Simpson as well, but for some reason I think it is Crozier's time to shine, and Josh is more of a long term prospect. Though it is strange, I just checked their details and there is only 1 month and 1cm difference between them. I would have though Crozier was much older and taller.

So right there Afonz. That's why his sort are so valuable.

It's not always about effort, ability or a psychological competitive egdge in the general sense. As we discovered so well in the GF, it's often about poise. He has such a natural poise in his play; never flustered, never overwhelmed, never rushed. Will be missed.

Sad news, not unexpected.
Simpson playing on the weekend and doing well now looks like a masterstroke. He and Crozier are essentially going to be pushing one another to greater heights to grab this spot. I reckon we may see enough highlights from these two to fill several reels over the next few months.
We have so much depth in the 178-186cm range its crazy. Our 2nd tier or reserve mids and small forwards are better than most guys playing 10+ games.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The circle-jerk, it is strong.

Oh paleeese.

Balla and Son-son as a team were considered the best in the business and extremely difficult to match up on and ferocious in their attack on the ball and the man. This has been acknowledged by many, many opposition coaches.

Yet you come on here and say that you are not a fan of it, (which is fair enough as an opinion, despite it being ludicrous), and then launch into Balla about not keeping his feet and overrunning the ball, which is simply not the case, and hasn't been for quite a while.

You wrote a crap post - I tried to reply with a bit of humour so as to not hurt your precious feelings - a few people liked it, (which tends to indicate that they agree) - and you accuse us of circle-jerking.

FMD!:rolleyes:

Oh paleeese.

Balla and Son-son as a team were considered the best in the business and extremely difficult to match up on and ferocious in their attack on the ball and the man. This has been acknowledged by many, many opposition coaches.

Yet you come on here and say that you are not a fan of it, (which is fair enough as an opinion, despite it being ludicrous), and then launch into Balla about not keeping his feet and overrunning the ball, which is simply not the case, and hasn't been for quite a while.

You wrote a crap post - I tried to reply with a bit of humour so as to not hurt your precious feelings - a few people liked it, (which tends to indicate that they agree) - and you accuse us of circle-jerking.

Aaah Bushie, you are the consummate altruist.

I am the only one that is still a bit optimistic with Walters. Hurn injured his in mid June, Walters has an extra two months.

I think he will be ready for the last 3-4 rounds plus finals.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...est-coast-eagles/story-fni5faul-1226821438285
Hurn managed only 12 games last season and it wasn't the first time the booming right-footer had to miss a big chunk of a season after being sidelined for almost all of 2008 with a broken fibula in his lower right leg.

He was back into full training for the closing stages of last season and could have made a push to play finals.

"I think I would probably have been able to play," Hurn said. "But I maybe would not have been fully match fit enough.

"If we could have played finals, the longer the season went the more chance I was, but then it would have come down to not playing for 10 or 12 weeks.

I am the only one that is still a bit optimistic with Walters. Hurn injured his in mid June, Walters has an extra two months.

I think he will be ready for the last 3-4 rounds plus finals.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...est-coast-eagles/story-fni5faul-1226821438285
Hurn managed only 12 games last season and it wasn't the first time the booming right-footer had to miss a big chunk of a season after being sidelined for almost all of 2008 with a broken fibula in his lower right leg.

He was back into full training for the closing stages of last season and could have made a push to play finals.

"I think I would probably have been able to play," Hurn said. "But I maybe would not have been fully match fit enough.

"If we could have played finals, the longer the season went the more chance I was, but then it would have come down to not playing for 10 or 12 weeks.
Yes, i'm optimistic he can return around finals time still. But as others have said, we need to wait for the post-surgery prognosis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh paleeese.

Mate I saw him do it on about 3 occasions just this weekend past. If he tightened up those couple of things, he'd be a much better footballer, which isn't to say he isn't already great.

Still offended over my Ross Lyon comments so following me around threads having a go now Sliced? Sorry should use your nickname Bushie... or is that only for those participating in said jerk?

Mate I saw him do it on about 3 occasions just this weekend past. If he tightened up those couple of things, he'd be a much better footballer, which isn't to say he isn't already great.

Still offended over my Ross Lyon comments so following me around threads having a go now Sliced? Sorry should use your nickname Bushie... or is that only for those participating in said jerk?

You're hardly worthy of following around considering the tripe you post, but I will respond to horse manure when I see it.

Offended by your RTB comments?? WTF?? I merely asked your sex as your response was in line with how a woman views things differently to a man at times. If that got up your petticoat then so be it.

Freo website says Walters may return near the end of the home and away season due to successful surgery !!!

Would be great to have him back for finals

However the question is would he be fresh or underdone

yep by the sounds of it he may return even by round 19! If all goes well and he does return then that would give him a good couple of weeks under his belt hopefully leading into a successful finals series.

22nd April

Michael Wood Shoulder test
Kepler Bradley Knee test
Michael Apeness Quad 1-2 weeks
Alex Pearce Shin 2 weeks
Michael Barlow Knee 2-4 weeks
Sam Menegola Knee 4 weeks
Tanner Smith Hamstring 5 weeks
Max Duffy Shoulder 5 weeks
Scott Gumbleton Hamstring 7 weeks
Michael Walters Ankle 14-16 weeks

Bad news from that:
- Apeness is now injured.
- Wood listed as a test for the third week in a row.
- Smith and A. Pearce did not improve from last week.
- Barlow went from 4 weeks to 2-4 weeks (this could be considered good or bad).
- Walters confirmed as out until just before finals.

Good news from that:
- Kepler could return this weekend!
- Menegola, Duffy and Gumbleton all improving as expected.

Good news on Walters, a perfect world will have him slot in nicely next to gumby a few weeks before the finals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh s**t I Actually forgot about Gumby !!
Ha easy to do. Has played only 5 quarters with us!

BTW caught up with keps on Monday, feeling fresh ready to go. Will be a few weeks in the seconds and will be pushing for clarkes role

And griff...
And apeness...
And gumby...

Cavalry is coming. Slowly

Ha easy to do. Has played only 5 quarters with us!

BTW caught up with keps on Monday, feeling fresh ready to go. Will be a few weeks in the seconds and will be pushing for clarkes role

And griff...
And apeness...
And gumby...

Cavalry is coming. Slowly

Only horses I desperately want back on the park are Barlow and Walters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back