Status
Not open for further replies.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why aren't people going more insane about Walters?

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! We all thought he was done and dusted for the season.

Now it looks like he could be fully fit for between Rd 20-23... I am absolutely thrilled to bits about this.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Off course Apeness gets injured now, just as hes getting comfortable and our forward line is looking very poor.

Probably too early for him at AFL level and he also had a knee recon in the not distant past. Develop this year, Maybe 1-2 games but he won't be a big player this year. The most exciting potential forward since the main man!

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Probably too early for him at AFL level and he also had a knee recon in the not distant past. Develop this year, Maybe 1-2 games but he won't be a big player this year. The most exciting potential forward since the main man!
Yeah I know, I was joking at the expense of people who think he should be getting a game this week.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Ha easy to do. Has played only 5 quarters with us!

BTW caught up with keps on Monday, feeling fresh ready to go. Will be a few weeks in the seconds and will be pushing for clarkes role

And griff...
And apeness...
And gumby...

Cavalry is coming. Slowly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Taberner's role really (which is Gumby's in the long run). His best position is a second tall and despite the jokes that fly around at his expense, rightly earned much of the time, he actually does that job well and was in good form last year before his injury. It's why I'd love him in the team right now, especially with Mayne in the form he's in.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Fremantle
Player Injury Estimated Return
Michael Apeness Quad 1-2 weeks
Hayden Ballantyne Suspended Round 7
Michael Barlow Knee 2-4 weeks
Kepler Bradley Knee Test
Max Duffy Shoulder 5 weeks
Scott Gumbleton Hamstring 7 weeks
Sam Menegola Knee 4 weeks
Alex Pearce Shin 2 weeks
Tanner Smith Hamstring 5 weeks
Michael Walters Ankle 14-16 weeks
Michael Wood Shoulder Test
Updated: Tuesday, April 22

11 Players out plus Simpson and Syliva being unavailable for different reasons and we can still pick a good team.

I can not wait until after the round 10 bye, when we get something close to our full team on the park and hopefully 6-7 players dominating the WAFL and putting massive pressure on the AFL side to keep performing.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Fremantle
Player Injury Estimated Return
Michael Apeness Quad 1-2 weeks
Hayden Ballantyne Suspended Round 7
Michael Barlow Knee 2-4 weeks
Kepler Bradley Knee Test
Max Duffy Shoulder 5 weeks
Scott Gumbleton Hamstring 7 weeks
Sam Menegola Knee 4 weeks
Alex Pearce Shin 2 weeks
Tanner Smith Hamstring 5 weeks
Michael Walters Ankle 14-16 weeks
Michael Wood Shoulder Test
Updated: Tuesday, April 22

11 Players out plus Simpson and Syliva being unavailable for different reasons and we can still pick a good team.

I can not wait until after the round 10 bye, when we get something close to our full team on the park and hopefully 6-7 players dominating the WAFL and putting massive pressure on the AFL side to keep performing.

If we want a full strength team for the BYE round, we have to increase the rate of sacrifices to the injury gods.

It is also naive to think we won't pick up more injuries between now and then... that's football.

manpurple

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Any one else think it's a shame my buddy isn't available for selection due a poor shoulder. He was starting to really perform for peel.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Any one else think it's a shame my buddy isn't available for selection due a poor shoulder. He was starting to really perform for peel.
With both Ballas and Walters out and the good form Max showed in the pre season, he would have been a perfect replacement. Still with Walters out of the side it may present an oppurtunity if he gets back soon to Peel. At least he can keep his fitness up with a shoulder injury. Ibbo certainly didn't lose too much with his dislocation and came back to Peel in good shape.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
He maybe ready but the Freo Drs will probably think otherwise.....hes probably comparing this injury to when he broke his leg :p tis but a scratch!
Fingers crossed though!!
tisbutascratch.jpg

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I didn't hear it like that? Didn't really sound like he gave a straight answer but then again I'm partially deaf.

You are right, Millsy actually put those words in his mouth like he did two weeks ago when Mick said that he was ahead of schedule and could be back for the North game.

Mick's reply was that he loved the club and would do anything to get back out there. Does he still have a brace on his knee?

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
You are right, Millsy actually put those words in his mouth like he did two weeks ago when Mick said that he was ahead of schedule and could be back for the North game.

Mick's reply was that he loved the club and would do anything to get back out there. Does he still have a brace on his knee?

Not too sure... I did hear him say something like 'I'm still listed as 2-4' - again partial deafness makes a fool of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back