Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injury update's up:
  • Ballas is up to docs but unlikely
  • Macca's unavailable. Maybe next week
  • Johnno's in rehab
  • Brady Grey's running yay!
Nothing on Barlow... so either he's dead, fine, or somewhere in between those two

Hopefully we don't see Fyfe and Mundy doing a "Weekend at Bernie's" with Mick.

upload_2014-9-10_16-11-31.jpeg

Was watching the recruit (thanks sij1981 :)).
One thing that struck me is Vossy giving the a player a spray when he get banged up a little and started limping around.

"If you think you are good to go, you go in and give 100 percent, no excuses. If you are not ok, take yourself out of it..."

Quite a few of our players played when they are not ready this season (MJ, MacPharlin, Pearce last week). It no doubt affected the whole team's performance.

I hope Ballas get up this week, and because he is 100% ok to go, not because he really wanted to play and came in underdone. We'll need him for this match definitely, but at his 110% self.

The only thing that I am sure of, is that because Kim Hagdorn wrote this article, at least half of it is a complete fabrication. The only problem which half is true?

Clarke made Naitanui look mediocre in the first derby ( more than usual! ;)). So perhaps there is truth about playing with injury in the second half of the season. But was it bad enough to further risk the injury by playing? I doubt it. Was the injury very bad, but Lyon refused to play any backup ruckman anyway? Unlikely, unless Lyon had lost faith in the backups.
And importantly, has the post season surgery just happened? Is Clarke's preseason going to be wiped out?
Were approaches from other clubs about Hannath and Griffin knocked back on the basis of these injury woes?
I doubt most of these things.

Somewhat of a reprieve,total exoneration more like it....
Walters and de Boer have played out half seasons with a torn knee ligament and fractured ribs respectively, I'd never question their effort. Other players have still shown more whilst injured than Clarke has. Somewhat of a reprieve.

Walters and de Boer have played out half seasons with a torn knee ligament and fractured ribs respectively, I'd never question their effort. Other players have still shown more whilst injured than Clarke has. Somewhat of a reprieve.

More stress involved with ruck work IMO.

I'm confident we'll see a much improved Clarke in 2015.

I am sorry Zac. You may have heard I said or perhaps screamed some things at you during our finals, I am truely sorry, I didn't know I tells ya.

Please forgive me and see you next year and I swear I will never say Woosie woosie woo woo again to you, your friend (I hope!) Freoextra.

Far out Zac, you are never going to have a preseason.

On another injury note I saw a photo tweet from Micky Barlow a week or so ago with his family and he was shown still in his moonboot!

That's been a while now. I wonder what his injury is to keep him in it so long. Obviously played that port game with a few jabs.

So injuries/surgery this offseason:

Barlow (moon boot)
Morabito (meniscal tear)
Grey (stress fractures)
Ibbotson (shoulder surgery)
Clarke (medial ligament)
Johnson (back surgery)

Anyone I've missed?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Bloody hell why did we keep playing Clarke? I know he's our preferred 2nd and all, but we have about 800 ruckmen on the list as backups (number may be a slight exaggeration). Our match selections baffle me sometimes with playing these guys injured.

An addition to the off-season stuff I've seen a picture of Lachie Neale with a compression bandage on his knee so he might've had something done.

Why on earth was he playing against Port if he had busted ribs and a punctured lung? Madness.

Injuries really ruined our finals. Sincerely think we would have gone very close if we were as healthy as Port/Syd/Hawks.

How gutsy is that ,Clarke should have a medal for playing in that condition but as some have pointed out WTF was Lyon thinking of playing him in the Port game when Griffin was in good shape to go as was Hannath .
The experience of playing in a final , winning or loosing would have been a good learning curve for Hannath or Griffin .
I can see now why we were not prepared to loose a ruckman in trade week .

Hackdorn is making this out to be a very long term injury possibly even miss some of the early games of the next season. This seems way overboard, has anyone got experience of medial ligament damage (even a second time for a knee)?

The Fremantle website doesn't mention Clarke, but goes into detail about 7 players. Maybe the Clarke situation is a complete Hagdorn fabrication? It's happened before.

Or the club has held it back. That's happened before too.
They'd have known of the issue a week ago when that was released.

Why on earth was he playing against Port if he had busted ribs and a punctured lung? Madness.

Injuries really ruined our finals. Sincerely think we would have gone very close if we were as healthy as Port/Syd/Hawks.

If Clarke's reported injuries are 100% correct,total madness in playing him for sure.

In 2015 we just need some luck on the injury front and we'll be in with a red hot show at winning our first flag IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back