Injury Injuries 2014 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I would really love to see see Morabito fully fit and powerful.His size and speed, plus his naturally attacking game fits well with what we need. We also need to be better than we were last season and he has the capacity to provide that improvement.

This concerns me greatly. There is usually some truth to a rumour and IMO had this one preseason as his last chance to get a good crack at it, it might be his last.

Unfortunately, his knee is a ticking time bomb. If he makes it through the season it would be miracle, and we are all hoping for one.
I have not heard that diagnosis and will more go with the idea that if his knee was in fact a ticking time bomb then he wouldn't be out there.

I have not heard that diagnosis and will more go with the idea that if his knee was in fact a ticking time bomb then he wouldn't be out there.
It's not a diagnosis, it's common sense. Knees just don't fix themselves, you don't do your knee three times then have a perfect one after surgery. Unfortunately that's the reality of Morabito's situation. Hopefully he goes on to have a successful career, but it is highly unlikely.

It's not a diagnosis, it's common sense. Knees just don't fix themselves, you don't do your knee three times then have a perfect one after surgery. Unfortunately that's the reality of Morabito's situation. Hopefully he goes on to have a successful career, but it is highly unlikely.

Totally agree, he is a spent force unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malceski, McManus, Schwarz.
I'd have to research more, The Hawthorn ruck man that played in a premiership I think. I know there have been a few.
Perhaps plenty was an exaggeration.

Max Bailey retired from footy after his knee was too sore to carry on. Retired after the 2013 grand final though so quite the fairy tail. Hope the same happens with Mora minus the retiring part of course.

fairy_tail_specil_the_fairy_s_punishment_game_by_ulquiorra90-d6fok4u.jpg

According to the 2013 AFL Injury Report there have been 27 revision knee reconstruction from 2004-13. Take away Morabito, Menzel and Alex Johnson and that's 22 knee reconstructions left. Take away players you could classify as a success during that period of time: Nick Malceski, Max Bailey and David Rodan, that's still 16 knee reconstructions that had to be redone. Name me the players that make up those numbers.

According to the 2013 AFL Injury Report there have been 27 revision knee reconstruction from 2004-13. Take away Morabito, Menzel and Alex Johnson and that's 22 knee reconstructions left. Take away players you could classify as a success during that period of time: Nick Malceski, Max Bailey and David Rodan, that's still 16 knee reconstructions that had to be redone. Name me the players that make up those numbers.
Tim Ruffles would be one, didn't he do his knee twice? Rhys Palmer is another one.

Tim Ruffles would be one, didn't he do his knee twice? Rhys Palmer is another one.
Ruffles is one, Palmer only did his knee once. Luke Webster did his knee three times and managed 30 odd games, and a very memorable point. Brendan Whitecross has done his knee twice. Even that's only 4 revision knee recos, and none of them had a successful career since their injuries. That still leaves 12 revision knee recos, I don't know many current AFL players to have had more than one knee reco.
Edit: there's also Brent Prismall, 60 odd games. Still leaves 11 revision knee recos.

Last edited:
Hey Mr Potato. I was going to suggest to not lose sleep over it but then saw you are researching and posting at 2.41am. The stats may well reaffirm that Anthony is up against it but he's not thinking of the odds. He's blocking out the negative thoughts and focussing on the next session which is the mind set of the elite athlete he is cos this is what he has control over and that is how he can best increase his odds. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back