Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

It's one thing to blindly support your buddy it's another to do it blind. I shouldn't have carried on like a pork chop. I see what your saying but I disagree that is the direction we are heading. Doesn't mean you are anti the dude at all. Apologies :)
Oh dear, I didn't see you were his buddy. Good job! Ahhhh, I acted like a dick too. Here take a toke on my peace pipe.

RTB lowers his guard a bit in this interview including an acknowledgement that a downside in upping the ante in the preseason has been the soft tissue injuries we've encountered late:-

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/26810574/q-and-a-with-dockers-ross-lyon/

"....we have had more volume of run and quality. At that respect we tick it off but at the back end we have run into some soft tissue stuff. It is not red alert but Fyfe had a little nick and Ibbotson a nick and Ballantyne a calf. Coupled with that Pearce had a little nick, Barlow, Aaron has had that neural back hamstring issue but played fully on the weekend so it hasn’t been perfect but we know that we have worked hard and we feel good about ourselves."

RTB lowers his guard a bit in this interview including an acknowledgement that a downside in upping the ante in the preseason has been the soft tissue injuries we've encountered late:-

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/26810574/q-and-a-with-dockers-ross-lyon/

"....we have had more volume of run and quality. At that respect we tick it off but at the back end we have run into some soft tissue stuff. It is not red alert but Fyfe had a little nick and Ibbotson a nick and Ballantyne a calf. Coupled with that Pearce had a little nick, Barlow, Aaron has had that neural back hamstring issue but played fully on the weekend so it hasn’t been perfect but we know that we have worked hard and we feel good about ourselves."

Great article.

Interesting point about playing youth.

"If we are 3-8 at the halfway mark we will probably say to Luke we will wind you up even if he wanted to play on and Alex Pearce would play every game."

You are not alone. In fact I am confident and truly surprised when I hear Victorian experts predict us going south.
I am not understanding where this negative attitude is coming from either. Most of the so called experts have us finishing 6th or lower and some have us missing finals all together.

We were held together by ducktape against Sydney and Port with key outs. I see us really pushing this year with the return of form to Mayne and key players like ibbo, Walters and Pearce returning. Young players like Tabs, Blakely, Sheridan, Duffy and Weller all look like pushing for a regular 22 spot. Sutcliffe, Clark and Neale all have improvment left in them as well. Not to mention Fyfe who is only 23 seems primed for a ripping season.

But hey flying under the radar is a Freo thing. I can't wait for all of them to have an ostrich sized egg on their face come the end of the season.

Last edited:

This article is worth it's own thread, IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if Tabs right to go I don't think he'll get selected unfortunately. Needs at least 1 wafl game.

This is the guy that ran 200,000km during the preseason. If the Achilles is right to go, his fitness will be fine.
Yep fitness will be fine as he is regarding as having elite fitness.... It'll be his timings that will be out

So if we purely want him as a decoy and hopefully someone who'll bring the ball to the ground, then yep - play him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back