Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

A reasonable standard of care needs to be applied. Allowing a bloke who has had 3 knee recons to train when he clearly stated its sore can be a problematic. In a couple of years he might try to make a case the club was negligent. Its reached a stage where the club have to protect themselves.

Horrible news about Silvagni, but not unexpected. Had a feeling it would be a bad hammy after the reports form posters at the Peel game. The club is in a strong position atm, but also a precarious one.

A reasonable standard of care needs to be applied. Allowing a bloke who has had 3 knee recons to train when he clearly stated its sore can be a problematic. In a couple of years he might try to make a case the club was negligent. Its reached a stage where the club have to protect themselves.
Really? Have you heard the bloke talk about the club? He is so grateful for believing in him. Why is it that every time there is a whisper about Mora that you need to drop your turds all over it?
Actually, bugger it. Congrats to my first ignored.

You would think that Tanner Smith is a good chance to be upgraded now, with Silvagni likely to go on the long term injury list.

A Pearce before Tanner. Imagine a team with three Pearces!!!!

Really? Have you heard the bloke talk about the club? He is so grateful for believing in him. Why is it that every time there is a whisper about Mora that you need to drop your turds all over it?
Actually, bugger it. Congrats to my first ignored.

Doesn't matter how he feels now, in a couple of years when he can't walk properly he might just have a look back at the medical advice he received.

Like I said its the club trying to mitigate any risk, which is quite substantial now given the situation. I have no doubt Mora hasn't said anything bad for the club to act this way, but you obviously don't understand that football is a business end of the day.

Sylvia gives us an upgrade anyway I would think.

But I reckon we will wait until needed anyway.

We're not allowed to upgrade a rookie to replace Sylvia unfortunately. We will probably wait, but with Mcpharlin being 34 this year, and Dawson still a few weeks away, Smith is the most likely candidate. But you're right, the club doesn't usually jump the gun on these things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've actually had a pretty horrible run with injuries over the last 9 months.

Kepler Bradley, Gumbleton retired due to injuries. Looks likely that Morabito will also retire. Sylvia retired to a combination of injuries and poor conditioning, and the ongoing injury issues for Silvagni don't bode well for his career considering his age either. His season is basically done and he'll be 28 next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back