Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Aw thats' really unlucky for Apeness. I love the kid and want to see him develop well this year to get into the senior side so hopefully he gets back on the park sooner rather than later.

I wonder if this explains his general lack of mobility and spring this year. Was he trying to get over something that now needs surgery?

I wonder if this explains his general lack of mobility and spring this year. Was he trying to get over something that now needs surgery?
That'd make sense. Guess we'll have to wait for the club to give us an update - if they do. Stupid secretive Freo.

So interesting webber said Pav and Walters passed all the hurdles today and if they keep that up should be available for selection. He is normally pretty honest in those reports. If they passed the tests so far today I think they both may play

I am a little concerned that both backup bookends are out for a large chunk of the season.

I know Apeness was a bit away from playing bit if we had a few more injuries they would have no choice. And I feel the silvagni injury has put back the chances of Macca getting a rest

Touch wood we can keep the KPP healthy like we have so far

I am a little concerned that both backup bookends are out for a large chunk of the season.

I know Apeness was a bit away from playing bit if we had a few more injuries they would have no choice. And I feel the silvagni injury has put back the chances of Macca getting a rest

Touch wood we can keep the KPP healthy like we have so far
I'm actually not that concerned. Sure "it's not ideal", but I think our players have the versatility and the whole-team depth to make up for it. We've been playing a KPD down all year and we've got Dawson back soon & Pearce sounds ready to go. Fyfe & Barlow have both spent chunks of time up front, with Mundy & Mayne playing up back.

I'm actually not that concerned. Sure "it's not ideal", but I think our players have the versatility and the whole-team depth to make up for it. We've been playing a KPD down all year and we've got Dawson back soon & Pearce sounds ready to go. Fyfe & Barlow have both spent chunks of time up front, with Mundy & Mayne playing up back.

Yes good point. I wonder how ready Dawson will be ? I think he may play WAFL this week you know

I love the way we just seem to be able to get it done this year

So interesting webber said Pav and Walters passed all the hurdles today and if they keep that up should be available for selection. He is normally pretty honest in those reports. If they passed the tests so far today I think they both may play
I was reading about the AFL's concussion policy and found this interesting.
1. Rest until symptoms recover (includes physical and mental rest)
2. Light aerobic activity (e.g. walking, swimming or stationary cycling) – can be commenced 24-48 hours after symptoms have recovered
3. Light, non-contact training drills (e.g. running, ball work)
4. Non-contact training drills (i.e. progression to more complex training drills, may start light resistance training. Resistance training should only be added in the later stages)
5. Full contact training – only after medical clearance
6. Return to competition (game play)
• There should be approximately 24 hours (or longer) for each stage.
• Players should be symptom-free during their rehabilitation program. If they develop symptoms at any stage, then they should drop back to the previously symptom-free level and try to progress again after a further 24 hour period of rest.
More here-
http://www.aflcommunityclub.com.au/..._AFL_Concussion_Management_2013_LowRes_1_.pdf

I read that to mean that on a 6 day break there's no wiggle room, you either pass every step or you miss.

I'm not concerned either. If the Boss were to say to Fyfe, "we need you to play CHF for a few weeks", I reckon he'd love it.

I'm not concerned either. If the Boss were to say to Fyfe, "we need you to play CHF for a few weeks", I reckon he'd love it.

I think Ross is on record saying that one reason he doesn't play Fyfe forward more often is that Fyfe prefers to play in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not my recollection. RTB stated afterwards, a couple of times, that Mayne convinced him he was fit enough. The inference was that Ross would not have played Mayne if he had his time again. We had another emergency in Sydney at the time. It was on Mayne that he pushed himself through when he shouldn't have.

It's a pet hate when players do that and coaches go along with it even though I understand why.

As I stated when My brother and I saw Mayne at Grill'd in Subi on the Saturday he had the week off there was blood in the leg showing above the moon boot he had on . His comment to us at the time was that he expected to miss 2 or 3 weeks and then he would be right to go .
When we saw him trying to play the next week we were in shock and I gave Bondy a mouth full at the show Grounds when Peel were playing Claremont . His reply was that the medicos had passed him as fit to play I will state again my reply to him was BULL S**T he couldn't kick a ball 20 metres and couldn't put weight in the ankle to change direction . When he got the ball he hand passed it or only did short passes .

It's possible that they could have passed Stage 1 on Sunday night. Nonetheless, a very tight schedule and why the week off is ideal.
I don't agree with mandatory week's off but I would prefer the club (every club) err on the side of caution.
RTB's words exactly .
On Sports radio he said Mathew is too important to us to risk . He must tick all the boxes to play.

Another week off for Dawson. Apparently he is ready to go and has trained fully for 2 weeks but with Silvagni going down club just want to make sure he is right.

Mcpharlin listed as out with calf??

Can't see a thread about it and not in here o_O

Most of the talk has been in the changes thread. But yeah, it will move to here over the next week or so for sure. Going to be an interesting season ahead for Elvis.

Luke McPharlin Calf soreness Test
Zac Dawson Groin Test
Alex Silvagni Hamstring 8-10 weeks
Michael Apeness Knee 8-10 weeks
Anthony Morabito Knee TBA

Date 19 May 15

Significantly 3 of the names on this list are KPDs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back