Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

He kicked four goals on the weekend.

Which 3 of his first goals were pretty much given and the last you could argue luck. Lets see how he performs against Richmond. If he cant score at least one, will stand no chance on GF day against better opposition.

Wow. Real half glass empty way to look at the issue.

Its not like Mayne is going to become this offensive beast.

So we're pretty much relying on Crozier to step up big time. I would guess the majority of people would want Ballas/Crozier opposed to Mayne/Crozier.

So he is out for finals?

I don't like to wish injury on anyone but why couldn't it have been Mayne. I take a in form ballas over mayne anyday.

Just our luck the best players get injured.
Mayne has been in far better form both defensively and offensively then Ballas this season. Weird look at the issue.

Mayne has been in far better form both defensively and offensively then Ballas this season. Weird look at the issue.

Just thinking more long term, as Ballas at his best offers so much more. The fact Mayne has offered more this season shows how out of form Ballas is.

Great opportunity for someone else to get an extended run as a small forward. Someone with good skills that can play as a genuine crumber would be nice.

Crozier full time forward, I reckon he'll tear it up

I've been wanting him more anyway (as have a few others), usually in place of MDB. If Croz can get to the form he showed towards the end of last season, particularly his ability to close down defensively, then I think we'll cover Balla OK.

TBH though, I think Croz is treading water a bit this season though, and not because he's not been in the seniors, just his form and fitness in general - but if there's ever a chance for him to get it together and prove himself AFL ready, the next few weeks might be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great opportunity for someone else to get an extended run as a small forward. Someone with good skills that can play as a genuine crumber would be nice.
Unfortunately I think Crozier is more a Walters type than a Ballantyne type. Both of them are more marking small forwards than crumbing small forwards.

For me the most like for like replacement for Ballas would actually be Lachie Neale - maybe run him forward and try Connor Blakely in the guts.

Leave Crosier as a permanent HFF.

Unfortunately I think Crozier is more a Walters type than a Ballantyne type. Both of them are more marking small forwards than crumbing small forwards.

For me the most like for like replacement for Ballas would actually be Lachie Neale - maybe run him forward and try Connor Blakely in the guts.

You're right, Croz is not a natural 'crumbing small fwd' in the classic mould, but he's OK - as long as he can do the other things well (fwd press, run hard into and to create space, run the wings hard to become an outlet option etc. ... oh yeah, and score a few), then he'll be good.

Nekminnut, Ballas has a torn pec.

Classic Doc Larkins.

Just watching a replay, and at the beginning of the 4th quarter, I think it was Johnson commentating suggesting it could be a bicept tendon injury as it was so high. Damn good guess. Better than the "media doctor"!!

Walters is a marking forward and crumbing forward.

The other possible shuffle from the Ballantyne injury could see A Pearce forward when our defenders return. He is mobile and decent at ground level, and of course can take a mark. I could also see him playing on the wing/forward.

I still rate Walters a better crumber than Ballantyne though, he's kicked a few decent snaps this year, particularly the game against Collingwood a few weeks ago. If Crozier can do the job even half as well as Walters he'd be a valuable addition to the forward line.

I like the idea of Neale up there as you say, and chuck one of the new draftees in the middle. But I think Neale is so much part of the engine room now they won't shift him to a new position.

Having a look at the AFL/WAFL stats doesn't fill me with confidence that Crozier will cover Ballaz spot very well.... Maybe Weller in and rotate Weller and Neale in the forward line?

Be interesting if Ballaz can return for finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back