Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

If Ross and co are going to play Mayne in defence, this wouldn't be the worst match up for him.

I'd say very unlikely that he plays down back at least initially after his performance on the weekend.

Mayne will start and stay a forward for every game. He has been training with the backs to add versatility on game day SHOULD it be required. Far too important forward of center to consider moving him.

Neither have played a preseason game haven't they? Doesn't exactly equate to tearing games apart.

Gray has played 2 out of their 3 games and has been in very good form. Wingard may be a bit rusty, but it's their gameplan that emphasizes the goal kicking mids and smalls that bothers me. Wingard doesn't have to be super fit to kick 4 goals in ten minutes. He can go to sleep for three quarters and still hurt us.

Found this on the AFL Website: http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-news/injury-list

FREMANTLE
Player Injury Estimated Return
Hayden Ballantyne Calf 1-2
Michael Barlow Ankle Test
Ryan Crowley Provisionally suspended TBC
Zac Dawson Groin 2-4 weeks
Paul Duffield Rib Test
Anthony Morabito Knee TBC
Tendai Mzungu Hamstring Test
Alex Silvagni Hamstring 3-4 weeks
Nick Suban Hamstring 3-4 weeks
Matt Taberner Achilles Test
Updated: Monday, March 23

Firstly, Ballantyne... 1-2 ....What? Weeks? Days? Rounds?
So if it all goes well for the "Test"s by Round one (13 days after this injury Update) it could look like this
Ballantyne: Test
Dawson: 0 - 2 weeks
Silvagni: 1 - 2 weeks
Suban: 1 - 2 weeks
not drastic, no ideal...

Last year prior to round 1 2014 we had Ballard, Clarke, Gumbleton, Griffen, Ibbotson, Silvagni and Bradley all unavailable due to injury and Fyfe was a test on his knee (but played round 1).

So round 3 we should have everyone on board. Assuming no more....

Both new hammies seem standard, glad they weren't off the bone 12 weekers

Ole' maca and Jono are going to have their work cut out early in the new season.Geelong round 2 with Hawkins and Clark(pharkhead).

You know what, I just watched the replay of Sundays match and focused my attention on defence. RTB has planned for this

One minute Ibbo and Macca and johnno are taking intercept marks in the backline. Then suddenly Mundy is there, then Mayne, then Sherro (who actually played well down there)

I think we are going to rotate people through there like we would rotate miss through the forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Promote Tanner Smith. Please

Hmm has Taberner been passed fit???

I really really wanted to see tabs out there. They have been very quiet on him. I reckon he is more injured than they make out

Plus tabs Definately won't play round 1 because Ross was very clear that he would have to play for peel to be considered for round 1. But sounds like only Duffy and Barlow will be playing

These are the players cleared to play this weekend

Michael Barlow, Paul Duffield, Garrick Ibbotson, Danyle Pearce, Max Duffy, Connor Blakely, Jack Hannath, Jon Griffin, Michael Apeness, Lachie Wellerweekend

I really really wanted to see tabs out there. They have been very quiet on him. I reckon he is more injured than they make out

Plus tabs Definately won't play round 1 because Ross was very clear that he would have to play for peel to be considered for round 1. But sounds like only Duffy and Barlow will be playing
Achilles are weird things that must be very cautious. I partially tore mine and it took ages to heal

Achilles are weird things that must be very cautious. I partially tore mine and it took ages to heal

Well that's great. All summer he has been our big hope to help our Forward line problems and can't even make round one

I'm sorry I'm frustrated but injuries can Go and eat a bag of dicks !!!!!!!!

The first 3 rounds we need him more than ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back