News Injuries/Suspensions 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree.

Came off the line, player was barely going to impact the play, shirt front and opened him up. Was groggy. He could be saved with Neeld in his presso saying it was just a fair bump and good effort and thats what Grimes told him. However i dont think any coaches or players are about to dob in any players and the match review will know this.

1-2 weeks waters, maybe 2 with bad record (unsure what his record is)
Wrong.
and all of that you just wrote means squat as far as the MRP is concerned.
Right.
Pretty sure you will find it does. The severity of injury to the player certainly comes into play. As does distance and whether or not the player was deemed to be in the play. That last one will mean whether its 2 or 1 IMO.
Wrong again. Waters free to play against GWS. Fair dinkum even fans these days are soft when it comes to a good hip and shoulder. Long live Beau and our contact game of Aussie rules.

He still got one mate. 125 points. On his good record he got 93.75 which you never said.

So me saying 1-2 was right he did get 125 points. Surprisingly i didnt know he had a good record and i dare say not many others thought that either. I guess he hasn't played enough :p. Melbourne saved his bacon with Neeld and Grimes both saying it was a fair hit. Teams will look at for eachothers players with these things unless its a Lloyd like hit.

Yeah great point

That is a fairly big lure especially considering Worsfold didn't shy away from saying it is a possible round to rest older players. You would think guys like Glass, Cox, Embley (injured) and Waters come under that category for the eagles and also Kerr.

Edit: For those who have Smedts, got injured today and in doubt for next week.

What type of injury? I watched the game and thought he came off the ground fine?

I'm happy to play Giles again- it worked out pretty well last week :D Take your time Mummy

If Brogan does come back this week, he will will probably assume the number one ruck role given their opposition. Even if he doesn't I am still concerned for Giles's scoring potential this week, given their opposition :cool:

I am absolutely devastated that Whitecross has been given 1 week after such a great start. @#$$ you J.Selwood!

There has been so little talk about it apart from in the Hawks forum page where it has run hot. Rightly so too I guess seeming as so few teams actually have him in their line ups - unfortunately I am one who has.

Watching the replay in real time there is no way he had any chance to anything but brace himself for the oncoming Selwood Headbutt, however when you watch it in slo-mo it looks bad - which the MRP have obviously taken too much into account on this one. Here's hoping on a successful appeal (if they decide to appeal that is).

Amazing how upset you get when one of your DT players is rubbed out :p

I am absolutely devastated that Whitecross has been given 1 week after such a great start. @#$$ you J.Selwood!

There has been so little talk about it apart from in the Hawks forum page where it has run hot. Rightly so too I guess seeming as so few teams actually have him in their line ups - unfortunately I am one who has.

Watching the replay in real time there is no way he had any chance to anything but brace himself for the oncoming Selwood Headbutt, however when you watch it in slo-mo it looks bad - which the MRP have obviously taken too much into account on this one. Here's hoping on a successful appeal (if they decide to appeal that is).

Amazing how upset you get when one of your DT players is rubbed out :p

Hahaha I didn't even hear that he was reported let alone given a week for that one. I watched that whole game and J Selwood was having his typical get as many bandages as possible effort that we all know and love, but I don't think Whitecross deserved time for that. Was clearly not malicious in any way and was incidental contact at best.

I can't even see how Whitecross is at fault in any way at all. However, when it happened I did mention to the lad that the MRP would do something stupid. They always rub someone out when any head high contact occurs. Especially when it is a complete accident. If accidental contact is worth 1 week then Scarlet's 'on purpose' is worth more just because of the difference in intent. We play Hawks next and so No bias here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how LRT out impacts Mumfords scoring. It means that both Seaby and Mumford will likely play in the same team. He has shown hes capable of kicking a few goals so more time forward might not be the end of the world.

Edit: Anyone concerned with Scotland being charged with assault if i read correctly. The blues said they are not going to discipline him until the court case has happened which happens on the 20th of June

If Birchall is gone for 2-3 i think hes gone depending on the other trade i want to do. He will be back in my team but hes starting to become that player that picks up leg injuries.

Does anyone know Fyfe's prognosis?

They had video footage on the news today in Perth of him at recovery in the pool.....

Said it's still all up in the air which way they go.

I presume they have to wait for the inflammation to go down etc. before they do the scans etc. tomorrow and decide which way to go. Expect to hear something Tuesday.

We will know prior to next round whether they decide on surgery or not. They either whack him under the knife asap for a return late if freo look good for finals or they play him from the get go, but hes going to lose a lot of price nevertheless.

We will know prior to next round whether they decide on surgery or not. They either whack him under the knife asap for a return late if freo look good for finals or they play him from the get go, but hes going to lose a lot of price nevertheless.

He's definitely one player that I don't care if he loses a lot of money, so long as he doesn't go under the knife and doesn't miss more than 4-6 weeks I will keep him and start Devon for a while. He played all of last year when his shoulder popped out twice. He's a must have and would be trading him back in at some point anyway if the injury is not season ending.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back