Injury Injury list Rnd 23 (latest Davoren is safe)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Exers
I don't know why Freeman is out for another 3 weeks (setback maybe). But this is the best I've seen our injury list in a while. It will be great to see shaza and Freeman in the second half of the year!

COLLINGWOOD

INJURIES

Tim Broomhead (shin splints) test

Nathan Brown (shoulder) test

Sam Dwyer (knee) test

Nathan Freeman (hamstring) 3 weeks

Adam Oxley (ankle) 1 week

Ben Reid (calf) 1 week

Matthew Scharenberg (feet) indefinite

Paul Seedsman (hip) test

Ben Sinclair (hamstring) 1 week

Source: herald sun

So Reid could be back in time for the Carlton game. Awesome.
You'd think they'd wait until after the bye to play Reid. Hope so after seeing last night what happens when you rush players back.....Judd.

I don't know why Freeman is out for another 3 weeks (setback maybe). But this is the best I've seen our injury list in a while. It will be great to see shaza and Freeman in the second half of the year!

COLLINGWOOD

INJURIES

Tim Broomhead (shin splints) test

Nathan Brown (shoulder) test

Sam Dwyer (knee) test

Nathan Freeman (hamstring) 3 weeks

Adam Oxley (ankle) 1 week

Ben Reid (calf) 1 week

Matthew Scharenberg (feet) indefinite

Paul Seedsman (hip) test

Ben Sinclair (hamstring) 1 week

Source: herald sun

Didn't Brown and Dwyer both play in the VFL on Saturday? Not sure how their names can be on the injury list if they actually both played a couple of days ago.

As for Reid, I'd nearly put money on it that he doesn't come back until after the bye. No point rushing him back for the Blues in round 7. Therefore he might have a run in the VFL in early May and then come back into AFL for round 9, May 15 vs Crows.

Broomhead, never heard of shin splints keeping a player out from playing. I've actually played with shin splints for nearly half a season years ago, so it's possible. I would question the validity of shin splints as the actual reason/injury as to why he's not playing.

Hopefully Broomhead and Seedsman can have a run in the twos next week.

Sinclair and Reid 1 week away......things are looking up.

I'd think both will have to have a run in the twos for match fitness more than anything, particularly Reid.

Yep. In a week we will have just Freeman and Scharenberg on there.
Hang on, was that post missing an emoticon? lol

Recent reporting history would suggest many of the others will still be on the list again next week taking into account BS loading and all!

I haven't once heard the media talk about our huge injury list this year and the repercussions that have come from it. I can't wait until we get all of them back and start smashing teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeds and Broomhead should play VFL on Saturday (TV game vs Bombers).

Reid, Oxley and Sinclair hopefully back before the double VFL/AFL bye (after the Carlton game) and then we can have all but 2 players available for selection for the trip to Adelaide. (not counting Marley of course)

It's looking good now.

Theres 5 of our best 22 from last year on that list plus Marley.
Would hate to be on the match selection panel when/if all these players are available.
Great problem to have though.

Elliott wasn't drafted, he was traded.
For our first draft pick, the difference is fairly irrelevant hence why he wore the #35.

You think its a plan?
Picking the best player even if they may miss the first few rounds of their first year of AFL as an 18 year old seems like a solid plan to me. Couldn't have asked much more of big Grundles last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back