Injury Injury thread 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't we play McInnes in the ruck a bit in the All star game? I guess he is who we will be using if 2 ruckmen go down
We don't really have many options left other than him do we? I would have preferred to pick up a mature aged ruckman as backup in the rookie draft than Kane Lucas. He's a waste of a list space.

We don't really have many options left other than him do we? I would have preferred to pick up a mature aged ruckman as backup in the rookie draft than Kane Lucas. He's a waste of a list space.
They could chuck McGovern in there Lynch style. Dont want them to risk Kennedy.

They could chuck McGovern in there Lynch style. Dont want them to risk Kennedy.
Gov will be needed at CHB on a permanent basis in Emac's absence, wouldn't be able to do any rucking from there. McInnes would be the best option if we needed a backup ruckman. He may also be required in case Gov or Brown goes down, but will depend on how he goes in defence for EP.

Sinclair broke it the last 10 minutes ... I think , went back on the WCE goal line to defend a Carlton shot a goal .

Probably the same thumb he broke at training ,... I think he needs a glove !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port went to crap when Trengove missed games through injury
Port had a ridiculously good run with injuries last year . Hawks and Sydney are the 2 best teams IMO as their depth players are of much higher quality than port . A couple of injuries to ports key players and they will struggle !

The problem is that our midfield tends to leak like a sieve defensively, Port's not so much.
Well I think this will be good exposure. We rely far too heavily on Mackenzie to win 1 on 1 contests that most other KPDs would lose, we rely on Kennedy taking marks, or getting his own crumbs or tackling of he doesn't, and we rely on Naitanui to feed us with gold class taps.

Hopefully Mackenzie going down will stop the cracks being wallpapered over and force the midfield to defend better.
Bad luck for Callum Chambers.
Wow.

We went into this season with me thinking we were a ruckman and a KPD short in terms of depth. This will be an early test.

Well I think this will be good exposure. We rely far too heavily on Mackenzie to win 1 on 1 contests that most other KPDs would lose, we rely on Kennedy taking marks, or getting his own crumbs or tackling of he doesn't, and we rely on Naitanui to feed us with gold class taps.

Hopefully Mackenzie going down will stop the cracks being wallpapered over and force the midfield to defend better.

Wow.
Yep, you're right, having top class players in those three positions have covered up our weaknesses to some extent in the midfield and our lack of a genuine goal kicking crumber. Going to be interesting how we manage, although I'm hoping the midfield starts to win more contests in the middle, or at least be more competitive so the ball is going into the backline either a lot less or under a lot more pressure than in previous seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back