Injury Injury thread 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

If I had to rank the potential delisted players in order of most likely to go ATM.

1. Waters (retirement)
2. McGinnity
3. Lucas
4. Main
5. Karpany
6. Tunbridge
7. Colledge

If I had to rank the potential delisted players in order of most likely to go ATM.

1. Waters (retirement)
2. McGinnity
3. Lucas
4. Main
5. Karpany
6. Tunbridge
7. Colledge

Main has shown more than Karpany IMO. Karpany has genuinely struggled at WAFL level, which doesn't bode well. Main is no world-beater but he usually contributes something. I could see a role for him as a depth player. Karpany is so far off the pace he looks lost at WAFL level.

Main has shown more than Karpany IMO. Karpany has genuinely struggled at WAFL level, which doesn't bode well. Main is no world-beater but he usually contributes something. I could see a role for him as a depth player. Karpany is so far off the pace he looks lost at WAFL level.
Yeah fair enough, I haven't really heard anything about him so that's why I had him 4.

You don't agree? hasn't shown much since he's got here and I think theres is more upside in leaving younger players on the list who could potentially develop.

Hasn't been given any time to show anything in the senior side and you want to drop him after one year? I didn't love the initial pick, but he's a rookie and IIRC they get 2-3 years minimum.

Hasn't been given any time to show anything in the senior side and you want to drop him after one year? I didn't love the initial pick, but he's a rookie and IIRC they get 2-3 years minimum.
Lucas being on the rookie list saves him, if he was taking up a list spot in the seniors, I dare say he would be gone at years end, kind of like the Cale Morton situation.
He is on the senior list, got upgraded.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-02/rookie-upgrades

I'm not sure if he gets to keep that spot next year though as he's there as a result of an LTI. So when EMac or Brown get back he can be demoted if no other rookie has filled Water's LTI spot.

Or have I messed this up somewhere?
yeah true it said he took Emac's spot so fair enough

1. Waters (retirement)
2. McGinnity
3. Lucas
4. Main
5. Karpany
6. Tunbridge
7. Colledge

That's a good list. Colledge is contracted to 2016 so unlikely he will be delisted IMO.

Others (in my order of likelihood):
Newman
Maginnes
Powell
Ellis
Butler
Hill

injuries will be a key factor for a few of these.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uhh, can you ? I think you can but they have to agree and you have to pay out the contract..

Don't think they have to agree but yeah you obviously have to pay them out.

In terms of the contract the clubs obligation to the player is his salary, whilst the player is his service that is playing for them. So the club is not obliged to play him or keep him on the list so long as he is paid for it.

So the mrs saw Cavka at work today - the little bugger was telling them who he was....eagles draft pick, legend, 1 to 2 weeks away from playing.
BTW he's doing the usual footy head thing and studying a bachelor of sports science.

People probably need to factor in the quality of the draft this year. I see 4-5 senior list changes at most.

Senior List:
Waters - Retire
Ellis - Retire (hasn't played enough games this year/ wont.)
McGinnity - Delist (Spud)
Tunbridge - Delist (latest injury will end his time with us.)

Consider:

Main/ Karpany - Would consider moving one of these onto the rookie list and bringing someone else up. Newman and Maginness are closer to games.

Rookie List:
Newman - Third year extension. (Would consider upgrade on back end form if Main/ Karpany relegated to rookie list).
Maginness - Third year extension.
Powell - Third year extension.
Lucas - No contract extension/ delist.

Contracts:
Selwood (3 year deal)
Wellingham (1-2 year deal with less money)
Hill (1 year deal)
Butler (1 year deal)
Fraser McInnes (1 year deal)

Contracts/ Extensions to Sheed, Barrass, Duggan.

Draft:
3-4 picks in the National draft.

1-2 picks in the Rookie draft.

Doing the above would also give us a lot of flexibility next year to make substantial changes if required.

I reckon Butler is more likely to retire than Ellis. Butts is playing very good footy atm but he'll be 30 next year and there was already conjecture about his future last season. Should go out on a high.

Ellis is a couple of years younger, highly-rated by Simmo and likely to be return within the next few weeks.

I reckon Butler is more likely to retire than Ellis. Butts is playing very good footy atm but he'll be 30 next year and there was already conjecture about his future last season. Should go out on a high.

Ellis is a couple of years younger, highly-rated by Simmo and likely to be return within the next few weeks.

Either would suffice. Both are a season to season prospect irrespective of age and Ellis is the more likely to call it quits on account of his body being shot (which it is). Ellis makes Butler look durable.

Also doubt Ellis is on track to return to the Eagles 22 any time soon from what i witnessed two weeks ago. Walking around like an old man after playing just a half of football.

It was only external sources like us saying Butler would be delisted or retire last year. He could keep going a year or 2 if form warrants it.

Yeah would gladly give up our first for him, he is still plenty young . Would start looking like one of the better young midfields imo... Coniglio, yeo, Duggan, gaff, sheed, shuey. Plenty of talent there.

I thought you considered him a 'middling' player? Not having a go just curious as to what made you change your mind.

Never really said that, just that he has a ceiling on him. And i did say HFF/ Midfield in that order.

Other reasons. Finishing in the top eight seems highly likely and it's in a year with an average draft group. If the draft was strong and we looked like finishing lower then i'd probably hold a different attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back