Injury Injury Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Hanley 2-3 weeks.

*girly squeal*
Will be interesting to see how we transition him back.

He's missed a lot of footy/preseason; does he play reserves? Or does he go straight to seniors once available?

Potentially the sub versus GWS? Or is the only way to get him up to speed by playing him?

Almost warrants a new thread.

He's missed a lot of footy/preseason; does he play reserves? Or does he go straight to seniors once available?

Potentially the sub versus GWS? Or is the only way to get him up to speed by playing him?

He'd be our best sub since Simon Black!

McGuane posted a pic on instagram of himself and West in hospital for surgery.

Hi guys, question over Hanley, if he's listed as 2 weeks but still on the LTI list, is there another minimum timeframe before he can come back?
Once he's spent eight weeks on the LTI list (after week 9) he can be reinstated at any time, i.e. when he's recovered.

Hopefully he has recovered to the point where he can play reserves the week we play GWS in Round 10, he can then have another week in the reserves over the bye round and return to the seniors against the Bulldogs in Round 12 with two weeks of reserves footy under his belt and charge towards his 100th game at the Gabba against the Swans in Round 15 at the Gabba.

Sam Mayes (Foot) - Test
Dan McStay (Finger) - 1-2 weeks
Jack Redden (Back) - 1-2 weeks
Pearce Hanley (Hip) - 1-2 weeks
Brent Staker (Hamstring) - 2-3 weeks
Trent West (Knee) - 4 weeks
Jonathan Freeman (Ankle) - 6-8 weeks
Jaden McGrath (Foot) - 8-10 weeks
Matt Maguire (Concussion) - Indefinite
Luke McGuane (Knee) - Indefinite
Dan Merrett (Hamstring) - Indefinite
Cian Hanley (Knee) - Season
Jackson Paine (Ankle) - Season
Michael Close (Knee) - Season

http://www.lions.com.au/news/news/bupa-health-centre

Goose has joined the indefinite list, must have been a good hit!

Get us to the bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An indefinite concussion for Maguire?

I hope that's not as bad as it sounds.

Having seen the hit, I'm not surprised. It was horrific.

Having seen the hit, I'm not surprised. It was horrific.

So did I. I was at the opposite end of the ground and heard the hit very clearly.

From where I sat, it was a deliberate, malicious and thuggish act that has no place in today's game. Maguire was totally unprotected and was attacked from behind or the blindside at least .

I am completely astounded that this act, which may well see the end of this player's career, attracted so very little penalty. We seem to have copped it sweet.

Everyone associated with this matter- the officials, our club, the opposition, everyone, needs to go back and look at what has happened here. Ie, bugger all.

What comes to mind was the case where Leigh Matthews belted a Geelong player years ago in an unprovoked incident, and was rightly charged by the Vic police with assault. The Maguire case was in that category. If there is footage of the incident we should refer it.

If they could have seen the very distressed look on Maguire's partner's face as she drove him out of the car park that day they would feel as angry as I am.

You would have to imagine that given Stakers injury history and his 1-2 week hamstring already looking like 4 or so that we have probably seen the last of him, Maguire and McGuane in the AFL. Geez we can't get these guys we bring in on the field (inc Paine) let alone see if they can add some value in our forward line as experienced bodies. Just damned up forward at the moment.

AFL 2015: Lions captain Tom Rockliff receives three broken ribs

TOM Rockliff’s horror run with injuries has continued after the Brisbane captain received three broken ribs in yesterday’s 22-point loss to St Kilda at the Gabba.

Rockliff has confirmed he suffered significant damage from a collision at a stoppage just 10 minutes into the match and will be sidelined for at least a month.

It is understood the injury is to the same three ribs he fractured, which led to a punctured lung in the Round 1 loss to Collingwood.

Adcock, Beams and Gardiner are expected to miss the match against GWS while Harwood should be available for the trip to Sydney.

Anyone attending the members forum this week be prepared to go through physical screening to see if they're right to line up in the reserves this week. I'm doing push ups already in preparation

Just for "fun" I took a look at the field line up of our currently injured players. Its a pretty competitive list, but with 9 KPP injured, it is very tall in the forward line. We need a couple more injuries to small forwards in order to complete it. ;) :cry: :cry::cry:

B: Ryan Harwood, Dan Merrett, Darcy Gardiner
HB: Jaden McGrath, Matt Maguire, Clay Beams
C: Jed Adcock, Jack Redden, Sam Mayes
HF: Jackson Paine, Michael Close, Brent Staker
F: Jonathan Freeman, Luke McGuane , Dan McStay
R: Trent West, , Pearce Hanley, Tom Rockliff
INT:Cian Hanley

Edit: oops. Forgot about Rocky

Last edited:
Just for "fun" I took a look at the field line up of our currently injured players. Its a pretty competitive list, but with 9 KPP injured, it is very tall in the forward line. We need a couple more injuries to small forwards in order to complete it. ;) :cry: :cry::cry:

R: Trent West, , Pearce Hanley, Sam Mayes
INT: Cian Hanley

Surely Hammelmann comes in for a game :)

R: Trent West, , Pearce Hanley, Sam Mayes
INT: Cian Hanley

Sam Mayes listed twice, anyone else injured?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back