Ins & outs 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems BigFooty has turned into a place where everyone can partake in all sorts of scurrilous rumours and innuendo unless a poster has a vested interest - then its poor form. Its happened on the D4 board and now here.
I enjoy Roosters well informed views and his posts are always balanced.....maybe you can confirm the rumour I'm hearing about De La - have lost quite a few senior players and may be in a bit of trouble.....any truth?? Might hurt if this is the case considering last years U/19 group were not as strong as what the normal De La machine produce....

You are spot on GN we have lost plenty, mainly to cashed up country clubs. That fact has been posted on the ‘A’ grade board multiple times by others and myself. As such it hardly a rumour . Pickett and Hine in particular will be very hard to replace. However on the flip side the club has recruited very well, including some good VFL talent such as Sam Williams, Matt Fieldsend and Antony Forato. There are a number of other quality players coming back so all in all things looking ok but I guess time will tell. I hear we have even nicked one of Uncle Mick’s boys who has come to play with his old school mates rather than return to the Rovers after a few years in the bush.

Our 19s group last year were pretty good – its just that the best 4 or 5 were playing seniors each week.

Last edited:
You are spot on GN we have lost plenty, mainly to cashed up country clubs. That fact has been posted on the ‘A’ grade board multiple times by others and myself. As such it hardly a rumour . Pickett and Hine in particular will be very hard to replace. However on the flip side the club has recruited very well, including some good VFL talent such as Sam Williams, Matt Fieldsend and Antony Forato. There are a number of other quality players coming back so all in all things looking ok but I guess time will tell. I hear we have even nicked one of Uncle Mick’s boys who has come to play with his old school mates rather than return to the Rovers after a few years in the bush.

Our 19s group last year were pretty good – its just that the best 4 or 5 were playing seniors each week.

Yes, some names are well documented on the A Grade board but I'm hearing a few more may have jumped ship. I hear a couple have signed with an inner city B Grade club and the total of guys moving on is at about 10. That would have to hurt is that was the case???

Yes, some names are well documented on the A Grade board but I'm hearing a few more may have jumped ship. I hear a couple have signed with an inner city B Grade club and the total of guys moving on is at about 10. That would have to hurt is that was the case???

Have not heard that one GN. We had a few reserves and clubbies players move across to Fitzroy a few years back as they live in the area but have not heard it occurring this season. Happy to put the feelers out if you can tell me the club in question. I’m pretty sure that if it were any of our senior group we would know about it. Aside from one bloke who has gone interstate for work the only other senior losses that I am aware of are to country clubs for $. You can guarantee that we will have a few ‘travelers’, as will most VAFA clubs, particuarly with a World Cup on this year. Having said that I don’t profess to know everything that’s going on.

Long time VAFA follower but first time poster.

Have the VAFA even staff returned from their Xmas break yet? Absolutely bugger all news or details on the website. Thought the rep team squad was to be named this week? Compared to other leagues our website is an embarrassment. If you want to see how another comp keeps its constituents up top date check out the EFL site.

Not good enough. C’mon boys lift!

Long time VAFA follower but first time poster.

Have the VAFA even staff returned from their Xmas break yet? Absolutely bugger all news or details on the website. Thought the rep team squad was to be named this week? Compared to other leagues our website is an embarrassment. If you want to see how another comp keeps its constituents up top date check out the EFL site.

Not good enough. C’mon boys lift!
Welcome to the VAFA; where the amateur clubs are expected to act professionally & where the paid adminstrators of the organisation behave like a bunch of imbecilic amateurs.

have heard that Banyule is look at going to Northern fl

also that Parkside may be coming back to the Ammo;s

banyule field 3 senior sides, would they want to drop a side?
Only field two senior teams, and their seconds have been heavily reliant on their Super Rules team having a week off.
Have good numbers in their Under 19's.
It will be sad to see them go. They were very close to playing in the big show.

Max "All Grades" Leader

Remove this Banner Ad

Back