Insert Meltdown

Remove this Banner Ad

How is it possible that an extremely inexperienced back line with one of their better defenders subbed out in the first 5 mins could beat our forwards? How did St Kilda's dysfunctional forward line beat one of the most highly rated defenses in the competition? How did our A grade mids in Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy and Crowley get beaten by a D grade midfield? I seriously have no idea. Were our players sedated before the game?

Why the hell did we send over four/five underdone players given we have a bye next week! Morabito is so far from AFL level, Sylvia doesn't even look like wants to play footy period and McPharlin is clearly underdone. Sandilands could've had a week off NEXT WEEK, that 'back' soreness is bs. Pathetic planning and disrespectful from Lyon and Co. This is the game for top 2/top 4. Cannot believe something like this could've happened.. Rubbish

I'm not actually that concerned, funny enough.

i switched the sound off before half-time. After that it was hard to really get into it.

Maybe the loss we need to have. Every top 5 team has dropped a game or two unexpectedly. It's harder then we think to go undefeated through months at a time.

I still Dunno wtf I just watched. We were fairly flat against GWS too.
Few too many looked under done.
This could be a huge loss in terms of finals. Could very well end up 5th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Increased training loads meant we were tired?
Down 10% plus they were up for Lenny?
McPharlin, Mora, Tabs, others underdone?

* knows. It was the perfect storm... Hope McPharlin is ok.

The only thing which is stopping me from completely losing my s***, is because of our draw, its still in our hands completely to finish top 2

How? I've got us at 5th after this round and will be too difficult to rely on our percentage to topple anyone else - how can we finish top 2?

How? I've got us at 5th after this round and will be too difficult to rely on our percentage to topple anyone else - how can we finish top 2?

Do the ladder predictor. Port, Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo all play each other. Plenty of feasible scenarios have Freo finishing top 2 even if they drop another game.

All year this year I've been waiting for us to start looking like we are getting back to our best.
Today I think we showed that other than our best 22 i.e. Sandi, Balla, Hill, Walters we have a few players that aren't good enough to lead when the others are out. That was a disgrace.
Not sure why we would have a meltdown thread that says no scapegoats, Sylvia should never play for Freo again.
Morabito you can forgive because he's on the comeback trail and Taberner is not good enough for AFL yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back