Inside Footy Mock Draft 2014 1.0

Remove this Banner Ad

307used.png

f080i0.png

Really agree with you there, tesseract - in fact, it's a great observation. Maynard is a quality type, but where he goes in this draft will depend on whether or not he can really grasp that move to the midfield. He's been a quality player for Sandy this season, and was most impressive last year when Sandy had their silk players in Salem, Kelly, Freeman etc.

Would have been good if he based the draft order on where he ACTUALLY thought teams would finish on the ladder rather than where they currently stand. But still a good effort! HOPING dogs end up with a Durdin or Goddard!

Wouldn't have thought the Western Jets have ever had so many highly touted players, great thing for the area who usually get forgotten about at Draft time.

Would have been good if he based the draft order on where he ACTUALLY thought teams would finish on the ladder rather than where they currently stand. But still a good effort! HOPING dogs end up with a Durdin or Goddard!

Would be pointless because then you have to factor in free agency compo picks etc,

If WC end up in a position to select Brayshaw with their 1st round pick, as well as acquiring F/S Waterman with their 2nd pick, it would go a hell of a ways toward rebuilding their midfield in just one draft, given such quality.

That would be Awesome for the Eagles

Wouldn't be unhappy with Lamb, but with our draw in the second half of the year we may end up with a slightly better pick than #6.
Really hoping Goddard is still with our first pick.

For that to drop where you think he would, The only way I see that Happening if he has a Bad Injury

For that to drop where you think he would, The only way I see that Happening if he has a Bad Injury

I guess it depends on what clubs like GWS and Richmond do (should they finish lower than Carlton).
We've got a pretty tough run as we got the top 6 draw - so much so that I reckon we'll only start favourite in 3 more games for the year.

I guess it depends on what clubs like GWS and Richmond do (should they finish lower than Carlton).
We've got a pretty tough run as we got the top 6 draw - so much so that I reckon we'll only start favourite in 3 more games for the year.

Well GWS would not want a Key Forward as they have a Boyd,Patton and Cameron so I see them Drafting Durdin or Goddard as Key Defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well GWS would not want a Key Forward as they have a Boyd,Patton and Cameron so I see them Drafting Durdin or Goddard as Key Defender

I see that taking a key defender as well, so Durdin or Goddard would make sense to me for them.
Richmond is the one for me that i'm not sure which they would go.
IMO, if Brayshaw is there for their first pick I reckon they'd jump all over him. Not sure they really need to go another tall, albeit a quality one.

I see that taking a key defender as well, so Durdin or Goddard would make sense to me for them.
Richmond is the one for me that i'm not sure which they would go.
IMO, if Brayshaw is there for their first pick I reckon they'd jump all over him. Not sure they really need to go another tall, albeit a quality one.

I think the Talls are too good at the Top to Pass

I think the Talls are too good at the Top to Pass

I tend to agree, but Richmond really need to get some elite class in there.
Too much is being left to Cotchin, and Eliis and Conca are mainly playing off HB.

Have you seen Keitel play? Is it too much of a reach to grab him inside the top 10?

Duggan will bolt up this order into the top 7 or 8 i feel come seasons end. Melbourne/GWS will be looking at another midfielder/rebounding defender (Duggan or Pickett) leaving Goddard to slide down to Carlton. Unless they grow we wont take Lamb or Lever due to our abundance of 3rd talls at either end of the park leaving us with probably Pickett.

Waterman not costing our first rounder :thumbsu:

Would like two second round picks. A live pick in the second round is really valuable, as you never know how the draft will fall.

I tend to agree, but Richmond really need to get some elite class in there.
Too much is being left to Cotchin, and Eliis and Conca are mainly playing off HB.

Have you seen Keitel play? Is it too much of a reach to grab him inside the top 10?

Probably. But only marginally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back