Autopsy Inside Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't wait for tomorrow to watch the documentary - go to the club website and watch it. It starts with the team meeting straight after the loss to Brisbane, so if you want to know what the club did this year, I think it might be a good thing to watch.

http://insideportadelaide.com.au

Unfortunately they've only got three preview clips up at the moment though.

Don't wait for tomorrow to watch the documentary - go to the club website and watch it. It starts with the team meeting straight after the loss to Brisbane, so if you want to know what the club did this year, I think it might be a good thing to watch.

http://insideportadelaide.com.au

Unfortunately they've only got three preview clips up at the moment though.

I don't think it's actually being shown on fox footy until next Sunday, not tomorrow.

I don't think it's actually being shown on fox footy until next Sunday, not tomorrow.

That's what I get for just half-listening to Channel 7 ads :p

Fox Footy will show it first on Wednesday 23rd at 8.30 EST or 8.00 CST. That's nationwide.

Then next Sunday before the Sanfl GF Ch 7 Adelaide will show it.

Reeks of us thinking this was going to be a premiership year

I dont think so it reeksnof us wanting to make sure we get content on fox footy as every club seems to be doing ie menzel doco etc we need to maintain exposure and show people what our clubis about and people will learn more watching is handle the bad times I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not fussed if this was originally organised off the back of the expectation of a more successful season. Depending whats in it, this could be a lot more interesting and insightful than a premiership review would be.

Seriously, why is anyone attempting to put a negative spin on this?
Not trying to be negative. Just wondering

I love these insights win lose or draw and the club is to be commended for putting them together

Looks promising.

I remember the Advertiser reporting back in 2011/2012 that a similar type of production was in the works but never eventuated.
Can't think why. Could have sold it as a horror film to rival Wolf Creek.

I had a chat in 2014 to a well known supporter who knows all our admin staff at the club, board members and players, who's younger brother played for Port under age teams in the 1960's enlisted in the Army and was Killed in Action in 1968. She works at the SA Film Commission and has for years. She played a big part in introducing ex Foxtel and News Corp CEO and current AFL Commissioner, Kym Williams to Port Adelaide, when he would travel to SA for SAFC work. It's why he calls himself a Port Adelaide fan.

One day we had a long chat about filmmakers involved with the SAFC and how a lot of film and TV directors and producers are Port Adelaide fans. I remember saying we should get one of them to make a doco about Port - Year of the Dogs style. We had a chat about which filmmakers might get involved. I have no idea if she took our conversation further but I'm glad the club have made a doco about one of our seasons. The great thing about the Year of the Dogs doco was that the Bulldogs zoomed up the ladder the next year and I remember it being realeased late in the 1997 footy season and thinking .... s**t they have come a long way in such a short space of time. I hope history repeats.

Maybe we will get a famous line from Kenny to rival Terry Wallace's I'll Spew Up one. It was a great spray. Hope we get to see some of that. If we got an outside filmmaker in, then we will see it. If we didn't, then we probably will get a sanitised version

Last edited:
I had a chat in 2014 to a well known supporter who knows all our admin staff at the club, who's younger brother played for Port under age teams in the 1960's enlisted in the Army and was Killed in Action in 1968. She works at the SA Film Commission and has for years. She played a big part in introducing ex Foxtel and News Corp CEO and current AFL Commissioner, Kym Williams to Port Adelaide, when he would travel to SA for SAFC work. It's why he calls himself a Port Adelaide fan.

One day we had a long chat about filmmakers involved with the SAFC and how a lot of film and TV directors and producers are Port Adelaide fans. I remember saying we should get one of them to make a doco about Port - Year of the Dogs style. We had a chat about which filmmakers might get involved. I have no idea if she took our conversation further but I'm glad the club have made a doco about one of our seasons. The great thing about the Year of the Dogs doco was that the Bulldogs zoomed up the ladder the next year and I remember it being realeased late in the 1997 footy season and thinking .... s**t they have come a long way in such a short space of time. I hope history repeats.

Maybe we will get a famous line from Kenny to rival Terry Wallace's I'll Spew Up one. It was a great spray. Hope we get to see some of that. If we got an outside filmmaker in, then we will see it. If we didn't, then we probably will get a sanitised version

The previews don't indicate that they will hold back much and there will be an extended version on the port site

The previews don't indicate that they will hold back much and there will be an extended version on the port site
Ive seen the previews, but as we all know from watching movie trailers, sometimes it doesnt get any better than what you see in the trailers.

Ive seen the previews, but as we all know from watching movie trailers, sometimes it doesnt get any better than what you see in the trailers.

true, going be a yearly thing , so hopefully they take advice of supporters and add more footage of the stuff we want to see, if they fail too

If we got an outside filmmaker in, then we will see it. If we didn't, then we probably will get a sanitised version

That's the rub, though. Michael Cordell made Dogs. The teasers, well, the inner sanctum stuff clearly wasn't shot by a filmmaker. Anyway, it should offer an interesting insight into the club. And I hope to hell no-one from the SAFC was involved!

I had a chat in 2014 to a well known supporter who knows all our admin staff at the club, board members and players, who's younger brother played for Port under age teams in the 1960's enlisted in the Army and was Killed in Action in 1968. She works at the SA Film Commission and has for years. She played a big part in introducing ex Foxtel and News Corp CEO and current AFL Commissioner, Kym Williams to Port Adelaide, when he would travel to SA for SAFC work. It's why he calls himself a Port Adelaide fan.

Terry Wallace.

Excellent motivator, cutting edge tactician and media-savvy pioneer.

But those sliding doors were never kind. The litany of blown chances in Q4 of the 1997 Prelim. The 2004 Draft. Nathan Brown shattering his leg when he was arguably the best player in the competition with the Tigers flying. And a host of other almosts, ifs and maybes.

His job resurrecting the Western Bulldogs was Hinkleyesque.

It's a shame his coaching career and overall reputation is viewed so poorly.

Terry Wallace.

Excellent motivator, cutting edge tactician and media-savvy pioneer.

But those sliding doors were never kind. The litany of blown chances in Q4 of the 1997 Prelim. The 2004 Draft. Nathan Brown shattering his leg when he was arguably the best player in the competition with the Tigers flying. And a host of other almosts, ifs and maybes.

His job resurrecting the Western Bulldogs was Hinkleyesque.

It's a shame his coaching career and overall reputation is viewed so poorly.

gets blamed a lot for the tigers poor recruiting eg:tambling over Franklin but as he has said , they had no funding and the recruiting department had no real help and choices were made that a well run club would not have made

Im not fussed if this was originally organised off the back of the expectation of a more successful season. Depending whats in it, this could be a lot more interesting and insightful than a premiership review would be.
X2. Hinkley has been so measured in the media this year that as an outsider it truly feels like he believes that we still don't need to change, and that the issue has only been attitude, which we all know is a cop out. So I'm really hoping that Insight provides a bit more of a glimpse of the coaching staff actually realising change needs to be made, as well as obviously really responding to bad performances like the Brisbane clip we've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back