Autopsy Inside Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

In respect to what was learnt in 2015..... probably something we hadn't heard numerous times in previous seasons.
At the end of the day he could have dribbled on about the 99 reasons why, but it is easier to sum it up in one quote.

Just my opinion.

i still think the players struggled with a few tweaks in the game plan early on, i think they were so worried about getting to the right positions they were often left 2nd guessing themselves and were not attacking the football enough. Towards the end of the year we went back to a more contested style of football and playing on instinct. I think Bassett will make the backline rock solid next year and there will be a few positional changes in the backline

I enjoyed it. * that Muppet rowey is a disgrace. Belittling port, will bite back twice has hard next year
If only someone had recorded the infamous 'They're going to end up with Ken Hinkley!'. Then anytime one of our players / coaches is interviewed by the muppet randomly play one or the other part way through.

I only watched the extended edition, so it may have addressed the issue, but I thought it had the overarching narrative of we did well against Fremantle and just came short against Hawks in 2014, so we were set for the next step in 2015. The post match comments were consistent that there was too much expecting it to happen and not making it happen and finishing with everyone should hurt and know 2016 will require everyone to give all, all game every week, as even the weak sides won't just roll over.

If only someone had recorded the infamous 'They're going to end up with Ken Hinkley!'. Then anytime one of our players / coaches is interviewed by the muppet randomly play one or the other part way through.

I only watched the extended edition, so it may have addressed the issue, but I thought it had the overarching narrative of we did well against Fremantle and just came short against Hawks in 2014, so we were set for the next step in 2015. The post match comments were consistent that there was too much expecting it to happen and not making it happen and finishing with everyone should hurt and know 2016 will require everyone to give all, all game every week, as even the weak sides won't just roll over.
I think both players and coaches all took responsibility. Coaches should have been doing everything they could to prevent the players thinking it will just click during a game and all will be ok. Sure the players ultimately executed the poor performance. But reckon Ken making changes across the board shows not all was good in the box. Anyhow, just cant wait to Saturday a 5pm - as 2015 is officially done! I think we will learn a lot and improve next year. But to be top 2 will require some massive improvement and the season is going to be more brutal. So lets see who steps up.....

Can't believe no one has a recording of this, would be the perfect zing for that loser who now gushes over Kenny whenever his name enters conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched in this morning, nice and fluffy. That would make a great DVD or better still a USB thumb drive with previous year highlights instead of the "PEN".

Watched it again and wondered what would have happened in the push and shove at half time of the GWS game if Billy Frampton was playing. :D

Watched it again and wondered what would have happened in the push and shove at half time of the GWS game if Billy Frampton was playing. :D

Heh!

Our Billy's going to miss a lot of games thanks to the Tribunal / MRP. That's just the nature of the beast but I'd rather have him miss 7 or 8 games a year and keep that raw aggression.

Maybe we can get him declared a 'good bloke' and see if that helps. It worked for the Hawks.

Finally just got round to watching this. All the frustration at a wasted season crystallized in 1 freaking hour. Seeing us beat Hawthorn just makes me want to scream.

The problem for me is that after we lost the Bulldogs game, NostroJanus came out and said- we'll beat Hawthorn. And we did, convincingly.

So what I get out of watching that doco is that it's clear we're good enough, the players just don't want it enough. How do we fix that?

We fix it through maturity and time. That's what it takes.

Hawthorn won a flag in 2008, but they didn't hit their peak until 2012 when they were really ready to start consistently challenging. Consistency in performance comes from the mental strength required to do the same routine all game, every game. A team that demolishes the reigning premier in a quarter of football losing by that same amount to the bottom team? That's nothing to do with gameplan. That's a refusal to put the effort in. That performance against Hawthorn that we referred to as 'god mode' is where we have the ability to get to once we have matured as a football side. There's a big reason why most premiership sides are filled with players that are in the 26-30 year age bracket - it's because they've gotten over the excitement of being an AFL football player and desperately want to be an AFL premiership player.

This might sound crazy, but this year is the kind of circuit breaker year a team needs to be a great team. It reminded the players of what is really important, and that is Port Adelaide football - hard, tough, relentless. The running aspect is a secondary portion of what it means to be a Port Adelaide player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back