Media Inside Qooty Finalsathon (page 32)

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
img-thing
AMATEUR FAWN

Welcome all, the good and the not so good of the SFA, we all have our place in life, to the round 11 edition of "Meet The Rookies". This week I'm joined by the Bears firebrand, Matera92, fresh from a 95 point hiding at the hands of the Fabulous Fighting Furies, so let's first applaud his bravery.

TIA: Welcome to the SFA, Wally, of all the teams in the SFA perhaps only the Wonders could have been a worse choice, what possessed you to join the Bears?

M92: Firstly, its not Wally, it's Warrick, what kind of amateur operation you running here? Where did you learn your interview techniques from, the Craig Hutchison School for kids who can't read or learn good?

As for your question, the Bears suited my lifestyle perfectly. Pantskyle found me laying face down in a Las Vegas gutter and stuck a flyer to the back of my head, saying if I could front up for a QOOTY game regularly he'd pay me obscene amounts of money. Naturally I accepted such an offer.

TIA: Fantastic, some aggression rarely seen in Las Vegas. As a rookie at the Bears, is it intimidating to be in the shadow of the self proclaimed favourite for the EKA, brahj, and is his desperation to win the EKA a little bit off putting?

M92: I'm not so much in his shadow, as I am behind the scenes pulling his strings....

In all seriousness though if anything I think it inspires us all to try harder. brahj is a funny bastard and I love his work, it gives me something to aim for in my own posting.

TIA: I agree, everyone loves brahj, should have his own TV show! Now that we are at the stage were we have all played each other once, which match threads have you enjoyed and which made you feel like putting hot needles in your eyes?

M92: The very first match thread of the year vs the Warriors was a bit rough due to it descending into Bay13 shitfighting about 8minutes in. As a rookie I had no idea what I was really doing (and still don't) so I just flung as much s**t as I could as quickly as I could!

The Dragons was a great thread, a lot of good posters there and some genuine funnies all round.

TIA: Hahaha, the Warriors. Leaving team loyalties aside, which posters do you enjoy and why?

M92: The Warriors make me laugh, I must admit I enjoy some of the crap they spew but maybe that's because I'm a long time Bay13 lurker. invinciblues and I have some weird thing going where its' love/hate/occasional fondal but I do like his work. The Filth Wizards another one I enjoy. Bengwatkins when he's not spamming can bring the lulz as well.

TIA: Ah Beng, a hero to spammers everywhere. Media threads can be tough for a rookie to start, which media threads give you inspiration and are there any that make you cringe?

M92: My own ill fated venture? :p The Virgin Cup I thought was a really great idea for tracking rookies and getting them some exposure.

TIA: Let's go cherry poppin'. Finally, now that the Bears cannot win S18, who do you feel will be runners up to the Furies?

M92: The Yankees? Thats a thing right?

Thank you, Wally Matera for giving us your frank and honest views and good luck for the rest of the season.
Call me Wally again and I'll smack the taste right out of your mouth.
Beautiful, that raw aggression, love it, Bears need more of it, lots more!!

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
I should've just stayed in Europe. At least Tia wouldn't be so worried about losing his precious.
upload_2014-9-11_13-14-30.jpeg
I went fishing the other week, and a giant fish dragged me in, after I had my way with said fish, I found this ring on the bottom of the river, it's become rather precious to me.

**my cousin was not with me that day and I have no idea where he has gone**

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Oh, I see, so it's all fun and games when you're the giver, but it's harassment when you're the taker? We'll see who gets to sleep in my bed next time then!

Go eat some flowers.

Back