Intermittent fasting

Remove this Banner Ad

Coffee/caffeine n green tea pre fasted cardio will release fatty acids into the bloodstream to be used for energy when glucose isn't available , L-Leucine right before n right after will help preserve lean muscle mass & stimulate protein synthesis.

THIS. Pre-training coffee in the morning is ace. Thank you.

Lifting weights in the A.M creates an appetite for me which makes it harder to control food intake for the rest of the day so I find it easier to lift weights in the P.M

I'm with you on this one

If weight loss is your aim then From my experience cardio(HIIT-20 to 30mins is ample for best hormone response ) is best down fasted in the A.M & don't eat for aslong as possible afterwards to prolong fatburning, soon as you eat post cardio you stop burning fat.
First feed should be high protein, 2nd feed high fat moderate protein low carb.
Coffee/caffeine n green tea pre fasted cardio will release fatty acids into the bloodstream to be used for energy when glucose isn't available , L-Leucine right before n right after will help preserve lean muscle mass & stimulate protein synthesis.

Lifting weights in the A.M creates an appetite for me which makes it harder to control food intake for the rest of the day so I find it easier to lift weights in the P.M , fast up until your pre work-out meal , L-Leucine pre n post, solid meal 30-45mins post then bed a few hours later.
If you require breakfast, this is where BP coffee is your friend, then make it only fat n protein, save the carbs for your pre w/o meal where your body will use it for training fuel.
Post w/o meal should be high protein & low carb.

Some moderate cardio would be ideal on your 24hour fast day.

If you are going to do fasted cardio the morning after you've lifted weights the evening prior , then maybe add some sweet potato or white rice to the meal consumed post lifting weights.

There's no reason why you can't train every day alternating between cardio n pumping iron if it fits into your lifestyle , the key is to find the balance of training hard enough to get results without overtraining & prolonging your recovery & hindering your training frequency.

Remember:
Diet is KING
Training is Queen

Thanks

This advice seems to marry my needs perfectly

What if your a particularly skinny person and fat loss is the last thing on your mind? Is IF necessary or do you have to alter it in someway?
For example I'm not too sure if I should be doing fasted cardio or does it have other benefits?

What if your a particularly skinny person and fat loss is the last thing on your mind? Is IF necessary or do you have to alter it in someway?
For example I'm not too sure if I should be doing fasted cardio or does it have other benefits?

You obviously don't live in Ararat then!

Plenty of bodybuilders bulk while fasting.

Fasting isn't about less calories it's just that fatloss is a common experience for those who fast correctly.

I guess im just still getting used to everything. Being a keen soccer player and training in the evening (6.30pm) i find it hard to fathom going most of the day without eating. As i said in another thread i had barely any energy for the first two sessions. Will take time to adjust i think.

Is having bulletproof coffee allowed in intermittent fasting? I am fasting between 8pm and noon, except for a cup of bp coffee in the morning.

Is having bulletproof coffee allowed in intermittent fasting? I am fasting between 8pm and noon, except for a cup of bp coffee in the morning.
I have one, but i still think it breaks the fast.

People go on about it not giving an insulin spike, but if you research IF insulin spikes are just a minor aspect of fasting.

You obviously don't live in Ararat then!

Plenty of bodybuilders bulk while fasting.

Fasting isn't about less calories it's just that fatloss is a common experience for those who fast correctly.

How did they work out that Ararat is the most obese town in Australia?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How embarrassing to be named and shamed as the fattest city in Oz. Especially when Oz is the fattest or second fattest nation on the planet.

That makes them the fattest of the fattest

I recall hearing Ararat mentioned as ONE of the fattest towns in Australia , not actually the FATTEST?

I remember once when you'd see an obese person down the street n the looks they'd get from everyone.
Imagine a slim person walking down the Main Street of Ararat, they'd get stoned!

Im tipping the Ararat fruit n vege shop wouldn't be a viable business!

I recall hearing Ararat mentioned as ONE of the fattest towns in Australia , not actually the FATTEST?

I remember once when you'd see an obese person down the street n the looks they'd get from everyone.
Imagine a slim person walking down the Main Street of Ararat, they'd get stoned!

Im tipping the Ararat fruit n vege shop wouldn't be a viable business!

unless deep fried bananas and ice cream was on offer

A friend's mother told me yesterday that going to the gym was a waste of time and money. I said to her, 'Looking at your three children(all obese) I don't think you're the person to be taking fitness advice from'. It was in good humour but the look she gave me suggested I overstepped the mark.

A friend's mother told me yesterday that going to the gym was a waste of time and money. I said to her, 'Looking at your three children(all obese) I don't think you're the person to be taking fitness advice from'. It was in good humour but the look she gave me suggested I overstepped the mark.
insinuating weight issues about someone who's overweight has always been overstepping the mark for some strange reason, frustratingly.

Yes for her it would be, $50 a month to use the treadmill for 20mins 3 x a week is a waste of time n money!
Then she'll start replacing breakfast with a diet shake containing the same amount of sugar as a can of coke.

Some shows may struggle for future contestants but the Big Fat Loser never will!

Add more carbs to your evening meal like sweet orange or purple potato or white rice.
Put butter on anything n everything.
Add a high fat dessert.
Increasing good fats will increase energy n recovery.
Have a black coffee b4 sport n training will give you a boost, 20ml MCT oil in coffee will give u boost too.
What type of dessert would you recommend? Would you have to make it yourself or are they're any store bought dessert that would suffice? I like the lindt 85% but wouldnt want to have that all the time.

What's the thinking on having just 1 large healthy meal (1000 -1500 calories), which contains all the right foods, per day?

What's the thinking on having just 1 large healthy meal (1000 -1500 calories), which contains all the right foods, per day?
Well 1500 calories isnt enough unless you are a 60kg woman firstly

But lots of people di the "warrior diet" which is just one meal per day, google that

As long as you get all your proper nutrition, it would probably be good for you, like taking intermittent fasting to the shortest possible daily eating window

Remove this Banner Ad

Back