International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone play on the i-pad? Is it worht buying? User friendly at all?
I do, I love the iPad version. It's the handheld version I mentioned earlier. It's so easy to curl up on the couch with the iPad and play whilst watching telly. I couldn't return to sitting at a PC or on a laptop to play.

The only criticism I have is that the ability to adjust your squad is very limited in the 2012 version. Having said that, I have only played Australian domestic. The county competition might be more robust.

I do, I love the iPad version. It's the handheld version I mentioned earlier. It's so easy to curl up on the couch with the iPad and play whilst watching telly. I couldn't return to sitting at a PC or on a laptop to play.

The only criticism I have is that the ability to adjust your squad is very limited in the 2012 version. Having said that, I have only played Australian domestic. The county competition might be more robust.

County comp is far more enjoyable.

I live playing Glamorgan and eventually making them an all Welsh +overseas team that wins the county comp every year.

County comp is far more enjoyable.
Yeah, I've played plenty of County on the PC, but I thought I'd give WA a run on the iPad so I can't directly relate them.

In the past I've usually played as Nottinghamshire, for no real reason other than they were rubbish on the first version I played and I like to build poor teams up. Similarly, in Football Manager I usually play as a conference team.

Thanks, might have to get it.

What difficulty do you play on? Normal or hard?

Was thinking of getting 2014 version of this, won't bother if it's that easy.

Lets just say that I won the Twenty20 World Cup undefeated as Ireland- including Rankin taking 5-6 against South Africa in the final.

This is about two game months into the game so I hadn't even become a test team.

Cricket Coach has great stats and records as well as the ability to play minnows and gain test status.

But the match engine is no where near as developed as ICC

Lets just say that I won the Twenty20 World Cup undefeated as Ireland- including Rankin taking 5-6 against South Africa in the final.

This is about two game months into the game so I hadn't even become a test team.

Cricket Coach has great stats and records as well as the ability to play minnows and gain test status.

Thanks for the info, winning the T20 with Ireland two months into the game is a tad unrealistic.
Think it will be ICC for me then. Do enjoy this game anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same problem i have had with cricket coach! ICC is lacking in innovation, but the match engine is very good. Cricket Coach is the opposite. The features that they add to the game make it quite interesting, but the matches are far too easy.

If only CC and ICC could collaborate their products together..

It'd either be spectaculaly good or incredibly bad

Just bought the game and have been smashing it. Playing as WA. Have won 3 out of 3 shield games, and no other forms.

Still trying to work out the best way to play it. Playing every game will take a life time. What does everyone do? Sim the one dayers and T20, then paly the 4 day games?

Stand out players so far are Bancroft, (on level 2 aggression he smashed an almost run a ball 95* in the last match) and Hogan, who's economical and picks up wickets. Voges and Davis have also made tons.

Hussey sucks.

Beer has performed consistently to not warrant him being dropped for Agar or Turner just yet...just a matter of time though.

In the 2013 version I was under the impression you could choose which forms of the game you wanted to play so you don't need to play OD and T20 if you didn't want to? Perhaps this is just for the county league.

I've been playing since ICC2, fantastic game. This years edition is a must buy imo. The ability to auto-sim certain game modes is great if you dislike the t20's like I do.

I had ICC 2012 on iPad also, and will get 2013. It complements quite well.

Ive come across a rampant Victoria. Rogers and Quiney are both listed as aggressive, Dussey, Maxwell and White as very aggressive. Dussey is tearing me a new one...

Whats the best strategy against aggressive batsman? Putting fielders on the boundary only stops runs - they NEVER hit a catch to the outfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back