International Cricket Captain

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've been guilty of this. Final test of an ashes series, 2-2, batting first on a completely flat pitch, good weather conditions. Skittled for 76. But woops, my ipad accidently turned itself off and I forgot to save ;) :$

I do the same at the end of the county season if I lose a game and lose top spot or lose a final.

Or even sometimes if my star player gets a bad injury.

Or if my youth recruits are average.

Or if a player I'm after signs with another team.

It's a very handy tool.

Playing as the Bushrangers doing the super young XI thing (okay, cheating a bit - I'm letting myself have 3 of Maxwell, Stoinis, Handscomb and Pattinson in my team at one time because I figure they're still pretty young). Going to finish last on the Shield table but seeing the improvement from total duds to competitive has been good. Seb Gotch was tearing it up for me early in the season, hitting tons for fun and averaging in the high 70s. Averages around 40 now after a run of form where he seemed to get out for a duck in his first 10 balls every game. Next season should see real improvement.

Hopefully I get some good rookies coming in pace bowling wise, a lot of medium pace and all-rounders doing the lions share of the bowling at the moment. Muirhead has taken a 9-fa and an 8-fa but is crazily inconsistent - I still figure he can be my main spinner for the next 8-9 seasons at least.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Playing as the Bushrangers doing the super young XI thing (okay, cheating a bit - I'm letting myself have 3 of Maxwell, Stoinis, Handscomb and Pattinson in my team at one time because I figure they're still pretty young). Going to finish last on the Shield table but seeing the improvement from total duds to competitive has been good. Seb Gotch was tearing it up for me early in the season, hitting tons for fun and averaging in the high 70s. Averages around 40 now after a run of form where he seemed to get out for a duck in his first 10 balls every game. Next season should see real improvement.

Hopefully I get some good rookies coming in pace bowling wise, a lot of medium pace and all-rounders doing the lions share of the bowling at the moment. Muirhead has taken a 9-fa and an 8-fa but is crazily inconsistent - I still figure he can be my main spinner for the next 8-9 seasons at least.

Going to do an Australian run for this. Mitch Marsh Captain on debut and no players older than him in the team.

Should be interesting.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
So I did the U23s team.

Finished bottom of the tri-series with one win against Zimbabwe. Maddinson played well with 214 runs but the only other batsman to average over 20 was Whiteman- who scored 92 runs at an average of 92.

Got bowled out in the low 100s in the first match but made over 200 in each other game. The bowlers performed credibly though.

Then got beat in the T20 against Pakistan. They batted first and I bowled well against everyone except Fawad Alam who scored 100 off about 50 balls.
We did make 150 in reply but lost. Mitch Marsh making his first decent total as Captain.

Then we won the ODI series against Pakistan mainly due to the bowling.

Muirhead dominated the first test with 11 wickets on debut. But we lost. Mainly because Mitch Marsh topped the scoring in both innings with 41 and 35.

In the second test Hazlewood dominated Pakistan and we rolled them for sub 100. Silk and Marsh both scored 50s and put on a 107 run partnership. But we ended up only 100 runs ahead.

Fortunately we took 5 wickets before they regained their lead and only needed to chase about 70-80 runs to win. We collapsed and almost lost but we ended up winning.

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
started a season as victoria, after the first year had:
boland leave
fawad, hussey, christian, mckay retire
finch, rogers, hastings, maxwell, pattinson, wade, siddle pretty much permanent fixtures in the australian side

fair whack of my best 13-14 unavailable and the depth behind it is woeful

started a season as victoria, after the first year had:
boland leave
fawad, hussey, christian, mckay retire
finch, rogers, hastings, maxwell, pattinson, wade, siddle pretty much permanent fixtures in the australian side

fair whack of my best 13-14 unavailable and the depth behind it is woeful
First 5 is a good thing?

Muirhead just took 9/79 against the WIndies. This was after Warner blasted 250. I have no idea who'll get MOTM
Muirhead with 15/148 got it. Has 58 wickets in 7 tests. I'm going to play him until he breaks Murali's record. Only 750 to go (which would take approximately another 90 tests on current trajectory :eek:)

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Muirhead with 15/148 got it. Has 58 wickets in 7 tests. I'm going to play him until he breaks Murali's record. Only 750 to go (which would take approximately another 90 tests on current trajectory :eek:)

In my 23 and under game he has 30 wickets in 4 tests.

My batting is horrible but my good bowling attack- Hazlewood, Cummins, Richardson, Marsh and Muirhead is keeping me reasonably competitive.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
boxing day.jpg

1. Jordan Silk (TAS) 22
2. Marnus Labuschagne (QLD) 20
3. Nic Maddinson (NSW) 23
4. Mitch Marsh* (WA) 23
5. Travis Head (SA) 20
6. Peter Handscomb (VIC) 23
7. Sam Whiteman+ (WA) 22
8. Kane Richardson (SA) 23
9. Pat Cummins (NSW) 21
10. James Muirhead (VIC) 21
11. Josh Hazlewood (NSW) 23

12. Ashton Agar (WA) 21

Handscomb is very close to getting dropped for Kurtis Patterson

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves

I always found that Muirhead head drops off by about 26. Before then he always dominates

Yeah, drop Handscomb, he's pretty poor in this game. My current side (vs West Indies, just "retired" Clarke after he got 10,000 test runs) is:

Warner (NSW)
Silk (TAS)
Burns (QLD)
Smith (NSW, c)
Lynn (QLD)
M Marsh (WA)
Whiteman (WA, +)
Pattinson (VIC)
Cummins (NSW)
Lyon (NSW)
Muirhead (VIC)

Richardson is a gun so far for me.

Though Marsh is so far ahead of the rest of my batsman than it isn't funny.

He scored 179 in that Boxing Day test and Labuschagne scored 139.

The first test centuries I've scored so far this game (Handscomb has an ODI century).
Handscomb has an ODI century? WTF? He averages about 10 in ODI's for me...

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Handscomb has an ODI century? WTF? He averages about 10 in ODI's for me...

Well he still averages like 20 for me.

But with one century.

He was slow as * at first but I was losing so many wickets (which is what happens when you have all 23 and under) that I just kept him on 3-4 bars the entire time because making 160 was better than getting rolled for 120 from 20 overs.

He ended up with 104 off about 120 which was good. Got me just over 200

View attachment 112328
1. Jordan Silk (TAS) 22
2. Marnus Labuschagne (QLD) 20
3. Nic Maddinson (NSW) 23
4. Mitch Marsh* (WA) 23
5. Travis Head (SA) 20
6. Peter Handscomb (VIC) 23
7. Sam Whiteman+ (WA) 22
8. Kane Richardson (SA) 23
9. Pat Cummins (NSW) 21
10. James Muirhead (VIC) 21
11. Josh Hazlewood (NSW) 23

12. Ashton Agar (WA) 21

Handscomb is very close to getting dropped for Kurtis Patterson
Do it, Patterson is a gun. He's averaging close to 50 at test level for me after about 20 games

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Has anyone else teams "updated" ? I have a lot of newer players in my Aussie completion. Playing as NSW and I can pick Green and Larkin. Swear I couldnt a while ago

Handscomb is definitely disappointing in the game, I was hoping he'd be my long term captain in the young Bushrangers game but he's consistently poor. Hopefully he can eventually turn it around. Stoinis is a very handy player and Maxwell is really, really good most of the time.

Has anyone else teams "updated" ? I have a lot of newer players in my Aussie completion. Playing as NSW and I can pick Green and Larkin. Swear I couldnt a while ago

Yeah, they updated it for the World Cup, nice to have the fresh lists.

southernswannies

All Australian
Aug 4, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues, Oakland A's
Current (Test) team as of 2020:

D. Warner
R. Carters
S. Smith
M. Clarke
A. Finch
M. Wade
J. Faulkner
J. Pattinson
A. Zampa
J. Hazlewood

ODI wise, Finch is dumped for Maxwell, Wade for M. Marsh and Zampa rotates with Abbott. Carters is a pretty poor keeper but is the only keeper who can half perform in the format.

Pups surprisingly still around but has a massive drop in form this season. Just pushing for him to knock off Punters record at this point.

Lyon just left the game so I brought in Zampa who's performed modestly. Patto's a gun though, 92 wickets @ 11 in 36 T20I w/ 6 5fers.

Current (Test) team as of 2020:

D. Warner
R. Carters
S. Smith
M. Clarke
A. Finch
M. Wade
J. Faulkner
J. Pattinson
A. Zampa
J. Hazlewood

ODI wise, Finch is dumped for Maxwell, Wade for M. Marsh and Zampa rotates with Abbott. Carters is a pretty poor keeper but is the only keeper who can half perform in the format.

Pups surprisingly still around but has a massive drop in form this season. Just pushing for him to knock off Punters record at this point.

Lyon just left the game so I brought in Zampa who's performed modestly. Patto's a gun though, 92 wickets @ 11 in 36 T20I w/ 6 5fers.
You're playing with 10?

Back